Request to change "Scarlet's War" cinematic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Do you think you could change it so in the cinematic the commander who downs Scarlet is the player we are currently using? Rather than the heavy armored female Norn you placed in there. It makes it feel like our player character is not the Pact Commander. I know this isn’t a big deal really, but more of a QoL thing. Thanks!

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What do you mean, it makes perfect sense. Its just some magitech tomfoolery.

You know, like those mirrors at amusement parks that make you fat or thin. Asurans got mirrors that make an old grumpy Asuran with the face of a raisin look like a voluptious female Norn.

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

So it was Councilor Phlunt killing Scarlet?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

The trailer assumes your PC didn’t kill Scarlet. It was 3yrs ago. Many characters playing will not have witnessed the LS, therefore having their PC in the cinematic wouldn’t make sense.

Kitten.

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

My main at the time of Scarlet’s War was … a female Norn warrior

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The trailer assumes your PC didn’t kill Scarlet. It was 3yrs ago. Many characters playing will not have witnessed the LS, therefore having their PC in the cinematic wouldn’t make sense.

No, the canon is that the Pact Commander (the PC) did kill Scarlet just as they helped killed Zhaitan and killed Mordremoth.

The fact that they show some random norn is probably due to technical limitations, or just the fact that it’s a pre-rendered cutscene.

Ray Koopa.2354

Since the looooooooong term plan is to make LWS1 playable anyway, I think it would be a waste of time to somehow cheat your character into the cutscene.

Woa, I’m actually more hyped to play LWS1 some day rather than LWS3 final / EP2.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Since the looooooooong term plan is to make LWS1 playable anyway, I think it would be a waste of time to somehow cheat your character into the cutscene.

Woa, I’m actually more hyped to play LWS1 some day rather than LWS3 final / EP2.

Yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath there; I doubt it’s ever going to happen (apart from snippets of LS1 being reused in fractals).

Ray Koopa.2354

I know it’s of total low priority. But even if it comes out as “recycled content” after GW2’s prominence has long faded and GW3 being the new star, I would play it. :P

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

So it was Councilor Phlunt killing Scarlet?

No, he’s on fire.