Requests for Exclusive Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

Greetings,

I would like to make a couple small suggestions/requests to make available a couple of exclusive skins that are not obtainable to my knowledge other than through the trading post (for exorbitant, but certainly worthwhile prices). I have been playing since beta, and I would love to finally own the Chainsaw Greatsword halloween skin, and the Decorative Molten Jetpack. I was here for the events myself but never had the luck of getting the Jetpack to drop in the Molten Facility, or get the Greatsword in the Black Lion chests during Halloween. I saw that for 2014 there was a chance to raffle from a skritt and receive the greatsword.

May I ask for all of us out there, to please add the Molten Jetpack and the Molten Berserker mini to the Molten Fractal as low chance to drop from the Fractal chest?

And please for this halloween, can there be chances for the Chainsaw Greatsword skin from a black lion chest.. just like before? Perhaps with a lesser chance to drop?

Thank you from a wishful charr who really needs to look great, charr-style,
Bathea Havocbringer

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I think the answer is no.

A game need exclusive drops. The reason is that (some type of) players want them. The reason is no different then e.g. the reason why in real life, some people drive a porsche. They want to brag. They want you to envy what they got.

The value of this is determined by how many heads turn when they pass by and how many times people start threads like this. the more you say you want them, the more rare they become.

Why is it important to have such items in a game?? cause people have a need to be unique and some have this more then others. The more unique you want to be, the more expensive it is.

The only bad thing bout the current top exclusive items are that they where not designed that way. It would be better if e.g. the chainsword was repeated every year and the top exclusive items where introduced with the black lion weapons.
But it is too late to turn back now. Taking out the exclusivity now is unfair for those who used this as an investment.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I dont think this is a good idea. Save up the gold and buy it from the trading post.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Greetings,

I would like to make a couple small suggestions/requests to make available a couple of exclusive skins that are not obtainable to my knowledge other than through the trading post (for exorbitant, but certainly worthwhile prices). I have been playing since beta, and I would love to finally own the Chainsaw Greatsword halloween skin, and the Decorative Molten Jetpack. I was here for the events myself but never had the luck of getting the Jetpack to drop in the Molten Facility, or get the Greatsword in the Black Lion chests during Halloween. I saw that for 2014 there was a chance to raffle from a skritt and receive the greatsword.

May I ask for all of us out there, to please add the Molten Jetpack and the Molten Berserker mini to the Molten Fractal as low chance to drop from the Fractal chest?

And please for this halloween, can there be chances for the Chainsaw Greatsword skin from a black lion chest.. just like before? Perhaps with a lesser chance to drop?

Bathea Havocbringer

Molten Jetpack got reintroduced during Battle for LA.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Elunarie.9283

There are many items besides these skins that can be invested in, and many more that will appear later on. They have been exclusive for some time now, and people have made profits on that. The point of economics is that supply and demand changes. Restricting the supply all the time is not good for an economy. I don’t suggest making them available 24/7, but allowing some supply to come in and replace the few that people manage to purchase won’t hurt anyone.

Besides, GW2 and GW1 have a sort of policy of making things available later on or in another way. For a recent example, see the laurel vendor with all the season goodies. Noooo reason why this can’t be done for these two.

Wanze.8410

There are many items besides these skins that can be invested in, and many more that will appear later on. They have been exclusive for some time now, and people have made profits on that. The point of economics is that supply and demand changes. Restricting the supply all the time is not good for an economy. I don’t suggest making them available 24/7, but allowing some supply to come in and replace the few that people manage to purchase won’t hurt anyone.

Besides, GW2 and GW1 have a sort of policy of making things available later on or in another way. For a recent example, see the laurel vendor with all the season goodies. Noooo reason why this can’t be done for these two.

Well, it would hurt the ones that just purchased one before it gets reintroduced. And as already mentioned, all items in question have already been re-released.

Elunarie.9283

Well, I didn’t really mean to make a huge discussion of this. This is two skins, maybe five total over the history of the game so far that people really would like to be able to get if they didn’t get them the first time. I’m one of those people. I don’t play the trading post game, I occasionally buy gems because I like this game and the way to support a game you like, and the people behind it is to give some real money to it. For those who scorn buying gems with real money, I’d like to remind you that it’s people like me who make Heart of Thorns and all that content possible. And obviously, I treat my game like a game.. not a job.

I’m not saying that I couldn’t eventually save up the price of one of the two skins I like. I’m saying that they’ve made people rich for a while, and that’s how the economy works. You don’t keep investing in the same thing or everything stagnates. Other items will take its place as the demanded item. And I’m saying that as a player, I would like to own something I will enjoy and not make money from. And I don’t enjoy making other people envious, I enjoy something for what it is. Believe me if you like or don’t. This is a heartfelt letter to the devs, many of whom I have seen around since Gw1, from someone who loves the game.

Sincerely, Bathy

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I dont think this is a good idea. Save up the gold and buy it from the trading post.

Yeah…. Lemme get right on saving up that 4,390 gold for the Greatsaw on the TP lol. Assuming I spent no gold between now and about a year and half from now it might be possible. Of which there are only 3 remaining right now.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Me personally? I’d like to have access to some of the now officially unobtainable skins. Skins that as of right now are literally impossible to get your hands on. Those like Guild Defender Shoulderplates/Boots, and the now extinct Tribal light armor set in its entirety. All of these skins were pre-wardrobe release PvP exclusives that now no longer exist.

More irksome because Ellen Kiel is actually wearing those shoulderplates. So that’s a bit of a jab at the “have-nots” lol.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’ve never been in favor of permanently locking the supply of items, nor of the obsession with hyper-exclusivity, so I’d certainly be in favour of bringing these back.

That said, the fact they had some stupid limited raffle for the Halloween stuff instead of bringing them back normally indicates that ANet wants this crap to stay virtually unobtainable.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

If they introduced them into the fractal at the same drop rate as they where originally, wouldnt see a problem with it

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

A game need exclusive drops. The reason is that (some type of) players want them. The reason is no different then e.g. the reason why in real life, some people drive a porsche. They want to brag. They want you to envy what they got.

I’d agree with this if said items were locked behind hard to do content, but it’s not.

The value of this is determined by how many heads turn when they pass by and how many times people start threads like this. the more you say you want them, the more rare they become.

Even more of a reason to reintroduce them and put them behind more challenging content. At least then you will prove you got something through skill and not through market manipulation.

Why is it important to have such items in a game?? cause people have a need to be unique and some have this more then others. The more unique you want to be, the more expensive it is.

Then put it behind content, problems solved. Making them impossible to get is only a way to help manipulators doesn’t help the game in any way or form.

The only bad thing bout the current top exclusive items are that they where not designed that way. It would be better if e.g. the chainsword was repeated every year and the top exclusive items where introduced with the black lion weapons.
But it is too late to turn back now. Taking out the exclusivity now is unfair for those who used this as an investment.

If only to ruin the manipulators that are running wild on the TP lately I would love it if they added those skins back. Anything that requires serious effort to make (like a Legendary) is fine, but those skins do not require any effort they are just impossible to get aside from the stupidly high prices the TP manipulators are asking for.

What did they invest? Oh right you mean buying all the remaining shields then posting a few of them at even higher prices? Nobody needs that type of “investment”.

maddoctor.2738

That’s not possible they are way overpriced for what they are worth. It’s just a couple of manipulators that are buying the items to drive the prices high. Nothing to do with how valuable the items are

Wanze.8410

That’s not possible they are way overpriced for what they are worth. It’s just a couple of manipulators that are buying the items to drive the prices high. Nothing to do with how valuable the items are

How do you determine that the ones bought on the tp are being relisted at higher prices and not bound by consumers?

Personally, I bound the Greatsaw, the scythe, the chain sword and deathly pauldrons to my account in the last 6 months.

The real culprits are cunsumers here, as they are the ones, who destroy supply, while traders at least keep them in circulation.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/36340

This is the situation. there are only 3 on supply and 1332 on demand. So if a demand offer is forfilled, it is most commonly NOT relisted for a new price. The situation is just that most of these items are extremely rare and most of them are bound already. You clearly have too much fantasy and no idea how the market really works.

whats next, claiming that it is Rothschild family behind it all??

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Malediktus.3740

Do not instantly buy the items, use buy orders. It saves lots of gold. There are 100s of each of these exclusive skins in players inventory waiting to be sold.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Last time I looked there was one molten jetpack left on the TP. So having that brought back would not hurt. But then I don’t like it and would not buy it. And we do need skins that people can’t always get. I love my Mad Memories/complete edition. It is a back item that not everyone has. And I’m glad I got it. Part of me hopes that it will never come back, but then I do feel for the people who where not around to get it, but that’s life I guess.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dante.1763

Last time I looked there was one molten jetpack left on the TP. So having that brought back would not hurt. But then I don’t like it and would not buy it. And we do need skins that people can’t always get. I love my Mad Memories/complete edition. It is a back item that not everyone has. And I’m glad I got it. Part of me hopes that it will never come back, but then I do feel for the people who where not around to get it, but that’s life I guess.

I hate myself and anet for that thing…i was on my way to the person to get the Complete edition..and my game forced me out to update.. T.T

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Greetings,

Bathea Havocbringer

I halfway agree actually. I think exclusive skins are great. Helps people stand out and be a special snowflake if they don’t want to be a t3 clone. And some of the prices are crazy. I’m not against high prices but it does kind of suck for those who farmed forever and still didn’t get it just b/c of bad luck. But still I understand wanting to limit it so its not like everyone have sunrise/twilight in lions arch. I do think that everyone who actually did the Frost and Flame story back in the day and maybe all the achieves too should have got the jetpack, just like how the karka event gave everyone the scelerite backpiece. And that one was a much easier event. Its obviously to late now but I don’t think his idea of adding it to the fractal boss is a bad one, would help people reinvest their time in farming fractals. Even at something really low like a precursor drop and/or making it account bound would at least mean there was always a chance. That was part of the appeal of extremely rare drops from gw1 and they were very popular. And at such a low rate it would still be extremely rare so all the QQ’ers who still want to be special snowflakes while they might rage on the forums about the concept, realistically wouldn’t change much in game as it would still be extremely rare.

That being said I would love more exclusive skins for challenging content, make it earned and not pay a fortune for rng luck or the gemstore. The fractal backpiece, the maudry one, the balthazar backpiece from pvp, the rank emotes from pvp are definitely the way to go. Or here’s a crazy idea more challenging dungeons with new armor/weapons (hoping HoT has some at least, especially challenging hard to get ones)

maddoctor.2738

This is the situation. there are only 3 on supply and 1332 on demand. So if a demand offer is forfilled, it is most commonly NOT relisted for a new price. The situation is just that most of these items are extremely rare and most of them are bound already. You clearly have too much fantasy and no idea how the market really works.

We will know if that’s the case if in a few days/weeks the supply goes up
If it goes up at any time, since you can’t get those items anymore, someone is doing some manipulation here and is not a consumer who bound it.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have no interest in getting these skins myself but I agree that they should be available as drops. They can be incredibly rare drops (for example some people suggested adding the jet pack to the Molten Fractal at the same drop rate as it originally had) but it would be beneficial to the game as a whole to have some supply being added to balance out those being bound to accounts.

But also I don’t agree with this idea that some things should be artificially limited simply so some of the people who happen to have it can imagine that other people are impressed by it and that it makes them special in some way.

I don’t doubt some people do think that (there was a topic here not long ago where someone complained that not enough people complimented them on their rare sword) but IMO if even 1 person wants it for their own enjoyment that should take priority.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Wanze.8410

I’d agree with this if said items were locked behind hard to do content, but it’s not.

Even more of a reason to reintroduce them and put them behind more challenging content. At least then you will prove you got something through skill and not through market manipulation.

Then put it behind content, problems solved. Making them impossible to get is only a way to help manipulators doesn’t help the game in any way or form.

If only to ruin the manipulators that are running wild on the TP lately I would love it if they added those skins back. Anything that requires serious effort to make (like a Legendary) is fine, but those skins do not require any effort they are just impossible to get aside from the stupidly high prices the TP manipulators are asking for.

What did they invest? Oh right you mean buying all the remaining shields then posting a few of them at even higher prices? Nobody needs that type of “investment”.

I would argue that playing the trading post and making enough profits to be able to afford those skins takes alot of time and skill, so they are basically locked behind hard content, just not the content you would like it to be locked behind.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

We will know if that’s the case if in a few days/weeks the supply goes up
If it goes up at any time, since you can’t get those items anymore, someone is doing some manipulation here and is not a consumer who bound it.

I think you have forgotten the players that have these skins sitting in their bank (such as my own), waiting to list them on the TP. As John Smith has stated, all of the game’s inventory does not reside either bound to an account, or listed on the TP.

Thus, items showing up on the TP do not necessarily indicate TP manipulation.

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Collector Terksli raffled away 1000 rare Halloween 2012 skins last year, at this point in time there is no real reason to suspect that the skin raffle won’t become a yearly thing. I think we can probably assume that the supply of those skins is going to get renewed (in a small quantity) each Halloween.

Things like the jetpack, Sclerite Karka Shell etc could be kept back and then used for the hard-mode achievements when they finally have the chance to re-do season one.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I have no interest in getting these skins myself but I agree that they should be available as drops. They can be incredibly rare drops (for example some people suggested adding the jet pack to the Molten Fractal at the same drop rate as it originally had) but it would be beneficial to the game as a whole to have some supply being added to balance out those being bound to accounts.

But also I don’t agree with this idea that some things should be artificially limited simply so some of the people who happen to have it can imagine that other people are impressed by it and that it makes them special in some way.

I don’t doubt some people do think that (there was a topic here not long ago where someone complained that not enough people complimented them on their rare sword) but IMO if even 1 person wants it for their own enjoyment that should take priority.

+1. You pretty much summed up my feelings on the matter.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Malediktus.3740

There are plenty of other stuff people can get for cheap for their own enjoyment. People should stop feeling entitled to getting anything they like.

Dante.1763

There are plenty of other stuff people can get for cheap for their own enjoyment. People should stop feeling entitled to getting anything they like.

Rofl. Sure there are things other players can get. But when the content they are gained from is still in game? They should be able to be gotten. The Halloween skins are fine, hell even the molten weapons are fine. The backpack though? That boss fight is still in game, still doable, via fractals, and as such the drop should still be able to be gotten by doing that boss. Its not like people here(not me, i think its ugly) are asking for it for free, they actually want to do the boss to get it. I see nothing wrong with that. The drop rate was absurdly low anyways, adding it back in to the final chest would be nothing, they would still remain rare and expensive. They always have been rare and expensive, and should remain as such, but still obtainable.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Greetings,

Bathea Havocbringer

Nope.

These items were always rare…. unless you were super lucky and got one as a drop, you had to buy it from the TP like everyone else.

During the first halloween event, I did not get a greatsaw and had to save up every cent I earned for an entire month to be able to purchase one (and that was immediately after the event ended).

With the current inflation in the game, it would probably take you the same amount of time to get the skin today.

These items have always been on the trading post, and have always been expensive, and simply because you want them does not mean the game bends to your wishes.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

ANet’s official stance, the most recent one, is that these super rare skins will most likely be reintroduced, through some means, occasionally in the future.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker