Reset AP, Reset topic

Reset AP, Reset topic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

“i think it is unfair to new ppl who have less then 500 ap for some to have 20 000
so why not reset all ap : ) "

when some one make progress in a game never ever reset that. never take anything from players ><

i played other game i buy it it was d3, cost me arm and a leg but i like it. now the game is so different, so change it is not the game i buy ! developers there take take take take never give !

what if you buy a car, M*****s you like it you love it. color, shape etc
but one day the ppl who made the car say “this model is owners ! you have only a copy of it we own the model AND we think it will be better for drivers if we change the searing wheel” so they take your copy of that model and they change it.
when return it is not the same car that you buy and you like.

games are like that. we know you made the game but it is not yours anymore. we pay money the game is ours ! changing it all the time, you make it different from the game i like and buy ! i like when new stuff are added but they are not constant (living story)
some day the game i buy will nave noting to do with the current game that exists.
it is a voice of concern so i will tell you how to keep ppl in the game
do not name it !
do not say it is “wow killer” or “the best mmo” or " it is for casual or hc ppl" let the game take the shape of the players that play it ! you stop us from getting invested in the game :/ let us play the game and do not tell us what is fun and not. ><
i like to play specific aspect of the game (pve) i do not like wvw i do not like spvp but all i see you doing is buffing that content o_o. it is not only fractal level reset it is forgetting the many parts of the game not only wvw and legendarys

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

To be honest, as someone with nearly 10k AP, I would not care if they reset the number as long as I kept all of the items I had acquired up until now. It’s just a number after all. The titles and loot are really all that matter from the AP.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Achievement points are a fail overall because of the points dailies and monthlies gives.

People flexing with their achievement points have just completed all the dalies and monthlies since it got introduced.

People who do not complete dailies and monthlies every day and month will never be able to catch up if not the other player stops playing for a longer time.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

sure go for it. I have all the stuff from it so it would not hurt in any way to have a different number associated with it.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

APs are meaningless, just like level 80 in fotm is meaningless, just like the leaderboards are meaningless. The game is supposed to be about playing and having fun, not who has the highest numbers on their account. IMHO, they should reset everything on a rotating basis, maybe every 90 days.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think the people who have posted so far have missed the entire point of the OP.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I think the people who have posted so far have missed the entire point of the OP.

Don’t thinks so.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Nah, pretty thinly disguised complaint about the fotm level reset.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

He’s using an analogy to point out that game makers should not take away from players. This has nothing to do with whether or not you find meaning in titles and AP. He is stating how he feels about the change. Whether or not you agree doesn’t make his opinion or feelings any less valid.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

I’d love an AP reset.

The tears of those that grinded dull content they didn’t enjoy would be delicious.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Thing is, they have reset AP and achievements in the past. Not a complete reset, but it still makes the analogy a poor one.

The OP is also complaining about online games changing after purchase and becoming quite different to the original product. Sorry OP, but this is the nature of MMOs, personally I feel that this change has been for the better in the case of GW2.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

why reset that which is meaningless?
why not reset that which is meaningless?

now, the problem with resetting would be that people that already did achievements couldn’t do them again.
personally, I think they should just cap how many AP can be obtained from daily/month – like they did with agent of entropy.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

if they reset AP, or just kick out the AP system. I bet not many people will do their new release event. Or and jp, daily, wvw, etc. The reward system in this game is already bad enough. If there is totally nothing for comparing between each player. People would not like to do anything.
The thing people only care would only be farm golds, farm everyday. And no one is going to do the fun part in the game, like personal story/ jumping puzzle. I bet there already are a lot of people not doing them. Cuz the reward system is already bad enough/

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Capping dailies will create a cap on AP rewards. Granted this cap will slowly rise as new achievements are added to the game, but you will be limiting the options for earning AP rewards for players at the cap.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I don’t understand how someone else having 20,000 AP hurts me at all?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

why reset that which is meaningless?
why not reset that which is meaningless?

now, the problem with resetting would be that people that already did achievements couldn’t do them again.
personally, I think they should just cap how many AP can be obtained from daily/month – like they did with agent of entropy.

Think about this way.
In a class, there are bad students and good students. The bad students never study and get something like 20/100 points on test. And good students works day and night and always get 98 or 99/100 points. How cap AP works is like: So during a test. The teacher says, if you 20/100 is the max points you can get. once you get 20 points, you are the same as the others who got 20 points. Now, do you think the good students would still work hard to get 99/100? They would be like, whatever i do ill get 20, i will get the full points, whatever. So what everyone do would be like get the 20 points and so something else instead studying.
In game, this would cuz no one care abou the game, and people get quit the game.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

APs are meaningless, just like level 80 in fotm is meaningless, just like the leaderboards are meaningless. The game is supposed to be about playing and having fun, not who has the highest numbers on their account. IMHO, they should reset everything on a rotating basis, maybe every 90 days.

This ^^^

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

I wouldn’t mind :P
Although it is one of the very few things that makes me feel like a more experienced player (for the lack of a better term); you don’t find much of that in the casual game :P.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

An analogy about a one-and-done purchase like a car does not really apply to an ongoing service like an MMO provides. Such analogies distract from the topic because other posters will attack the flaws in the analogy rather than address the issue.

That said, I think it is a mistake for a game developer to take away things that players obtained by playing the game.

Reset AP, Reset topic

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

He’s using an analogy to point out that game makers should not take away from players. This has nothing to do with whether or not you find meaning in titles and AP. He is stating how he feels about the change. Whether or not you agree doesn’t make his opinion or feelings any less valid.

Except his analogy is clearly in response to the FoTM reset, which is equally as frivolous as it would be if they chose reset everyone’s AP but you still got to keep all the loot and titles you earned. Players have not lost anything. Grinding to FoTM80 netted them lots of good loot and hours of play time. They didn’t lose those items or anything of value; they lost an arbitrary number that no one but themselves sees…

Think of it as Anet raising the new FoTM level cap to 100, but instead they are calling it 50 and 80 is now the new 30. They mean absolutely nothing. They now have 20 more levels with new mechanics and tricks/traps to enjoy. They’ve only gained, not lost. It’s all freaking relative.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….