Reshade and 64-bit client

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Hey guys, I made a reddit post over here for the reshade users who want to use it in the new 64-bit client. It avoids going through a complete reinstallation which is a pain with the unlocker.

All you have to do is copy the reshade files from your 32-bit bin folder into the bin64 folder. Then you delete d3d9.dll and d3d9.log.

Then grab the Reshade64.dll from the framework archive, rename it to d3d9.dll and paste it into the bin64 folder.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

I am actually running GW2 Reshade for the first time, and I cannot seem to get it to work. I get a crash if I launch the game normally and the Unlocker says “Cannot open process.”

Did all as instructed, any ideas?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I am actually running GW2 Reshade for the first time, and I cannot seem to get it to work. I get a crash if I launch the game normally and the Unlocker says “Cannot open process.”

Did all as instructed, any ideas?

You don’t need to use Unlocker. Just download the archive file from ReShade.me (the Sweetfx 2.0 one). You also don’t need the Mastereffect files if you only want to use sweetfx.

Then put these files and folders from the archive into bin64 folder: Sweetfx folder, Reshade64.dll, ReShade.fx, Sweet.fx
Then rename ReShade64.dll to d3d9.dll

Then you go here to pick a preset: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1/
Pick only SweetFx preset if you only use it. When you download a preset, it gives you a text file. Rename the downloaded text file to “SweetFX_settings”

Then put the “SweetFX_settings” text file into SweetFx folder (in bin64), overwrite the current file.

and Done.

Do the same thing for the bin folder (32bit) if you want. The only difference is taking the ReShade32.dll

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Here’s a nice guide from Woodenpotatoes.

Posted by: Mejiasan.3587

Mejiasan.3587

You don’t need to use Unlocker.

Can you (or anybody) please give a little more information on why it is not needed? why is it recommended on the wooden potatoes video?

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

You don’t need to use Unlocker.

Can you (or anybody) please give a little more information on why it is not needed? why is it recommended on the wooden potatoes video?

I don’t know why it’s recommended but I did what the OP said and it’s working just fine.

norn warrior