Resource Node Teleportation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Takerukun.8924

Takerukun.8924

This technically doesn’t go under the “bug” sub-forums, so I have no idea where else to put it but here. My apologies if this is also the wrong spot to ask.

Has anybody else noticed bots spawning on top of resource nodes, gathering them immediately, and then either teleporting away or despawning the second they’re done? I’ve been away from GW2 for about a month now, and just came back. Before I left, I never noticed a single instance of this. Today, I saw this happen three times in as many hours.

Usually I’d just report them and be on my way without going on the forums at all. The problem is that by the time I even notice what they’re doing, they despawn too quickly to get a report off. How would other people go about trying to report them?

So…am I going crazy with a bad internet connection, or this a new development? For that matter, has this been reported multiple times already?

Thanks for any replies!

[Yarr] Takeru Kagamine – Usually dead or dying
Ferguson’s Crossing
Probably lurking

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

yes, lots of threads about this already.

it’s new and hard to report (they zoom underneath the surface then pop up at nodes).

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Takerukun.8924

Takerukun.8924

Thanks for the quick response. Guess I’ll just try and have faster reflexes.

[Yarr] Takeru Kagamine – Usually dead or dying
Ferguson’s Crossing
Probably lurking

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

I got a good solution.

Why don’t you pick a nice well hidden spot, and watch the same ori node for about 2 hours (even 4, but 2 is a good start)
And pay close attention to whoever appears on top of it the BAM you got the kitten.
I got a friend that does this every day for 5 hours, he gets great satisfaction from reporting, he even neglected his entire game progress for it.

Very fulfilling.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

sometimes i log out where are nods and when i log in i just mine them and log out have u think ever about that :P

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Try right-clicking on their name and quickly selecting Whisper. I think you can report somebody from their name in the chat bar too.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody.

Takerukun, this thread appears from time to time in the forums. It is already known and the team is aware of this. Of course we understand that it is harder to report in such circumstances but you can keep on trying nevertheless; if the in-game reporting tools are not good enough for this you can always send a screenshot attached to a ticket to Customer Support.

Thank you very much for all your reports. They are highly appreciated!