Respecting Players' Time

Respecting Players' Time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

Karka Exterminator Achievement Requiring Night-time Map is Against ArenaNet’s Philosophy of Respecting Players’ Time

I’ve spent the past hour scouring LFG for players on a night-time map, along with many others. This is ridiculous. We want to play the game, not sit around waiting for the sun to set.

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence Is Kinda Weird

I dunno, doing repetitive tasks that depend on world states is kinda par for the course in MMOs.

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: bexbz.1905

bexbz.1905

So go run around and do something else and come back? I left the game for some human interaction and a snack and came back – it was night and got in!

Necro Main Forever!
((helping out non-thinkers since 1989))

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I didn’t go out of my way looking for a night map….and had no problems. What requires it to be night time?

Respecting Players' Time

Sylum.1806

The aggravation of trying to hunt for a night-time map can only be surpassed by the banality of the responses here.

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

I don’t think the karka extermination achievement ever goes away, so I see no reason not to take your time with it. More generally, the entire game (and in fact all MMO’s) are essentially Skinner boxes, purposely designed to sink your time into oblivion as you run a virtual treadmill. GW2 is one of the more casual grinders out there. Look at it for what it is. You don’t have to grind out Princess or Mawdrey II or whatever. Do it because you choose to do it.

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Day_and_night

Here’s your problem: “All zones obeying the day-night cycle are synchronized to the same daily schedule.” Meaning if you’re in a map and it’s day time it will also be day time in all the other maps and therefore the LFG tool can’t help you.

On the plus side this also means you don’t have to sit in LA waiting, you can continue playing in whatever zone you want* and when it changes to night time you can go back to LA.

And since the cycle is 70 minutes of daytime followed by 40 minutes of night if your post is accurate you had, at absolute most, 10 more minutes to wait and then 40 minutes to finish whatever you were doing and get to LA.

Edit: forgot my footnote.
*There are some exceptions, maps where it’s always day or always night. These are listed on the wiki page.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

If I am not mistaken nighttime happens across all shards (I think that is the correct term. If not I am calling it a instance.) at the same time.

You can check http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Day_and_night for if it is day or night. Problem is I think some shards are broken.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Respecting Players' Time

Sylum.1806

Here’s your problem: “All zones obeying the day-night cycle are synchronized to the same daily schedule.” Meaning if you’re in a map and it’s day time it will also be day time in all the other maps and therefore the LFG tool can’t help you.

On the plus side this also means you don’t have to sit in LA waiting, you can continue playing in whatever zone you want* and when it changes to night time you can go back to LA.

And since the cycle is 70 minutes of daytime followed by 40 minutes of night if your post is accurate you had, at absolute most, 10 more minutes to wait and then 40 minutes to finish whatever you were doing and get to LA.

*There are some exceptions, maps where it’s always day or always night. These are listed on the wiki page.

Thank you, finally something helpful from someone. Really appreciate it. Too bad I can’t say the same for most of the other responses here.

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: bexbz.1905

bexbz.1905

Thank you, finally something helpful from someone. Really appreciate it. Too bad I can’t say the same for most of the other responses here.

You didn’t ASK for helpful information, you just came in and complained about the situation.

Necro Main Forever!
((helping out non-thinkers since 1989))

Respecting Players' Time

Sylum.1806

Aren’t I blessed then to have you stooping to my level for company in meaningless vitriol?

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Karka Exterminator Achievement Requiring Night-time Map is Against ArenaNet’s Philosophy of Respecting Players’ Time

I’ve spent the past hour scouring LFG for players on a night-time map, along with many others. This is ridiculous. We want to play the game, not sit around waiting for the sun to set.

You know what I did while waiting? Do that stupid ridiculous no checkpoint JP that punishes you if you did not concentrate enough when you are jumping from platform to platform.

Respecting Players' Time

Sylum.1806

You have my sympathies, but at least you’re actively trying to accomplish the challenge instead of having to wait until the right time comes along before you can actually start the challenge.

Consider it the “Bloodborne of Jumping Puzzles”, might make you feel better. At least when you do complete it, you’ll feel a greater sense of accomplishment.

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

You forgot to mention that this kind of hunt is generally not fun at all.
Then again, since they want you to spend hours finding and shooting all the critters, they don’t respect your time anyway, so whatever about night time.

Respecting Players' Time

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

The times given on wiki are accurate, bit of patience, no big deal really. I left it till last and did the others in meantime.

If using Dulfy’s guide, avoid the torches for last one, you lose the gun.