Ressing people doesn't reward you

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

As the title says, ressing people doesn’t reward you if you already unlock that achievement or you did daily reviver (both pretty really easy).

Fact is:
1) In places like EotM, capping is more important to ress people died or downed out of the circle, creating a bad way to play the game “I don’t care if you don’t get in circle you helped me out to cap, because I will lost my reward”(karma,exp,wvw points etc). Even Commandera go cap instead of showing players that before capping would be nice to help others, especially if you’re far away from your Server waypoint.

2) World Bosses like Tequatl or Great Jungle Wurm and maybe Jormag too make lots of dead people and it’s almost impossible for players have time to ress them, but in Bosses like Shatterer, Behemoth, Fire Elemental etc, there’s no risk to fail the event because you helped ress some players. But people still don’t like to do it.

So, people don’t get used to ress people, or maybe they do after they capped or they killed the Boss, and it’s really useless for people get ressed after the big event happened.

So I would like to ask to Anet if there’s any chance to increase the “Combat Healer” achievement with more rewarding points to get and nice titles, or bag loots as in Sanctum Sprint (“Ress 50 times”, repetable +TOT Achievement Points) in order to get people used to help eachother and don’t think just for themselves.

When we started the game, lots of people ressed others, because obviously the Achievement Combat Healer. And it was great cause you were sure, once you were died, that someone would have come to ress you.
Now that we almost all already have that title, we tend to ignore deqd people around, we just think “it’s their problem if they die, they want to wear full zerker, they want to rush etc etc.” And maybe some other nice people lose their rewards too to help those you didn’t want to help.

Maybe it’s not the main problem right now, but it would help a lot the community and the feeling that you just don’t play for yourself and none is left behind.

Also, today maybe you didn’t die, but we all know the feeling when train/people/farmers/players, ignores us when we’re dead next to them.

Hope to receive an answer, I really hope for this

Thank you

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

As I see it, no fancy title will be enough encouragement in a fight where stopping to res someone can get you killed, especially if it is possible to simply res yourself, and run back to the fight.

I can understand that it may be a far run, and maybe you miss out on the big battle. but… It’s hard to get someone that is alive to res someone that is downed, if doing so may lead to them being downed as well.

Also there are some people, Not all…but some that feel if a player got downed they messed up. They shouldn’t have failed…. If they took care of their own healing, and dodging…then they would not be down… why should that player also run the risk of being down…. I doubt a fancy achievement or title will address that person.

I know there are legitimate reasons for being down. But… it’s hard to find a mechanic that will make someone res you. There are people that res because they are nice, and no combat mechanic will be the reason for them ressing others.

There are others, …Not most thankfully, that deep down think when they see someone fall." hey better them than me, No skin off My nose… " And No title, achievement or in game mechanic will change them…

People are people.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Tl;Dr
i’ve never played wvw
^that’s what i got out of it.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I don’t think reviving requires a physical reward for people to do it.

I never cared much about titles. The “Combat Healer” was one of the first I ever attained, but it made zero difference to me in whether or not I decided to revive someone. And I do my Daily Reviver almost exclusively using NPCs.

In my experience (PvE) there does seem to be a little less reviving going on since the MegaServer. That’s merely personal observation, unsupported by facts. If true, your guess is as good as anybody else’s as to why this should be. PvP or WvW may be different.

Mostly, I find that people still like to help other people if the situation is not too prohibitive. In tough places, fast team revival of downed characters is still done a lot, but not so much if the character is completely dead. At that point, revival becomes just too slow to be practical. For the good of the team effort, most people understand anymore that when dead, it is best to go to the nearest waypoint. Your eventual victory is your reward for cooperative, intelligent gameplay in a big battle.

But in the open world, I think most people just plain like to come running to the rescue. It feels good to be the hero. It feels even better if the revived player has the courtesy to type a simple “TY” (hint, hint!) That’s usually reward enough for most people. (Though not necessarily expected in the big chaotic battles).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It does give XP.

But besides that, the main reason I do it is because I know the downed player appreciates the help. I’m always grateful to the people who stop to res me when I go down.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

As discussed by others rezzing does give xp.

It’s also easy to do and helps the zerg out. If no one ever rezzed your zerg will slowly get whittled down and everyone will suffer.

Rez others as you’d like to be rezzed, the golden rule applies here.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I rez people for two reasons. I like to help out and more people alive means more people doing damage. I don’t rez people who are dead in events where the waypoint is close, because they should just teleport and run back. I do. But anyone downed I rez. There’s no reason to risk yourself rezzing people who are too lazy to run a few feet. But if the waypoint is far away then I’ll rez.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

It does give XP.

But besides that, the main reason I do it is because I know the downed player appreciates the help. I’m always grateful to the people who stop to res me when I go down.

it actually helps give credit for the event

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

EotM

To many people die as they fail to lookup boss-invulnerability buf. Then even more die in the attempt to rezz them. Going there is a stupid fail. Expecting that others risk their life to help them out of their failure is even more fail.

EotM is full of bad equipped low levels. Nevertheless they are the first to run to a champ and attack them melee. Resulting in their dead before even all reached the boss. Stay back till high levels that do not die on one hit took the aggro. Even better are the ones that run to the champ when the commander asked to clean the arrow cards first. I find it absolute sufficient to revive them after rewards are collected by the ones that fail less.

Another tip: If you are a low level that die fast: use a range weapon and attack the boss from a place inside the later conquest circle, this way you make sure that in case of dead you lie inside the conquest circle improve your chance to get revive before conquest a lot.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I always thought it should reward karma. Since it would be “good” karma to bring someone back from the brink of death.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I rez when possible but in PVE the way agro is set up, rezzing someone moves you to the top of the agro table.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aggro
“Enemies value attacking a player character performing a revive on a downed ally, to the point of sometimes ignoring any other factor, while stopping the revive will then draw their attention back to the classical threat sources.”

Since rezzing people roots you, making it difficult to stop if attacked and since it makes you a prime target for the mobs, attempting to rez someone in the middle of an event can easily get you killed.

In WvW, I would think that stoping to rez someone in the middle of a fight is also likely to get you killed.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I think the bigger problem is the fact players need to be rewarded to show kindness. If I can rez someone without getting myself killed, I will. I do it because it’s the decent thing to do and I will continue to do it on that reason alone. I understand the idea behind the OP and I sympathize, but it’s the people behind the computer screens that need fixing, and that is something Anet can’t fix.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… What if ressing someone gave you karma in addition to XP? (Capped within a timeframe so you can’t just keep downing and ressing the same person over and over.)

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

rewards for ressing people…wat? Its a dangerous attitude for Anet to encourage. In the days of the trinity system, if you dont make sure people are alive, everyone fails.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

maybe i’m from an unusually friendly server, because unless someone is outright dead in the middle of a world boss or other large scale fight, people will flock to the downed guy and bring him back, because the more people standing up = the more people that can rez you if you go down.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

There are logical reasons people don’t rez fully dead players right away.

It takes much longer to rez someone from death in combat than out of combat.

There is a waypoint near by, use it.

When rezzing it moves you to the top of the aggro target order in PvE and can get you killed in WvW. It makes you vulnerable and a prime target.

It could cost you a capture reward because it takes to long to rez you.

A dead player not only takes away the damage and ups the scale of an event the dead should have been carrying, it also takes away the persons rezing damage and/or scale they should be carrying as well.

I do my best to bring players out of downed state when I seem them because it is time cost effective. But if your dead, there is supposed to be a penalty associated with that, it is since-less to expect people to go out of their way and possibly lose out for it as well.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s generally true that generating DPS is more rewarding than any sort of support task. You get more loot from tagging everything that you do by healing, removing conditions, or rezzing. Thus, it’s a testament to the cooperation of the community that so many people do take the time to do these things.

But it’s hard to imagine how to adjust the game mechanics to reward those things without leaving exploitable loopholes. Say they did offer loot for people who rezzed others — can you imagine how many people would purposefully die so their friends could get the extra loot?

tl;dr system’s not perfect, but it doesn’t need to be either.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

In my experience, if people are downed, but not defeated, then people will do their best to rez them. I myself drop Shadow Refuge and try to rez as best I can. Also, if I happen to come across some dead person in the middle of nowhere there’s a good chance I’ll rez them, especially if they ask, but most people are impatient and will just WP.

During an active event, or event chain, however, I will rez downed, but not defeated, and nobody should expect, or even accept a mid-combat rez, because that’s wasting your time, and the time of those rezzing you, that could be used completing the event. If you die during an event, WP out immediately, it is the only considerate action. The only time it’s acceptable to wait on the ground is if it’s right near the end of the event and nobody has better things to do afterwards (like after Fire Elemental).

The only way they could change this behavior would be to make in-combat full rezzing take less time.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

As the title says, ressing people doesn’t reward you if you already unlock that achievement or you did daily reviver (both pretty really easy).

Fact is:
1) In places like EotM, capping is more important to ress people died or downed out of the circle, creating a bad way to play the game “I don’t care if you don’t get in circle you helped me out to cap, because I will lost my reward”(karma,exp,wvw points etc). Even Commandera go cap instead of showing players that before capping would be nice to help others, especially if you’re far away from your Server waypoint.

2) World Bosses like Tequatl or Great Jungle Wurm and maybe Jormag too make lots of dead people and it’s almost impossible for players have time to ress them, but in Bosses like Shatterer, Behemoth, Fire Elemental etc, there’s no risk to fail the event because you helped ress some players. But people still don’t like to do it.

So, people don’t get used to ress people, or maybe they do after they capped or they killed the Boss, and it’s really useless for people get ressed after the big event happened.

So I would like to ask to Anet if there’s any chance to increase the “Combat Healer” achievement with more rewarding points to get and nice titles, or bag loots as in Sanctum Sprint (“Ress 50 times”, repetable +TOT Achievement Points) in order to get people used to help eachother and don’t think just for themselves.

When we started the game, lots of people ressed others, because obviously the Achievement Combat Healer. And it was great cause you were sure, once you were died, that someone would have come to ress you.
Now that we almost all already have that title, we tend to ignore deqd people around, we just think “it’s their problem if they die, they want to wear full zerker, they want to rush etc etc.” And maybe some other nice people lose their rewards too to help those you didn’t want to help.

Maybe it’s not the main problem right now, but it would help a lot the community and the feeling that you just don’t play for yourself and none is left behind.

Also, today maybe you didn’t die, but we all know the feeling when train/people/farmers/players, ignores us when we’re dead next to them.

Hope to receive an answer, I really hope for this

Thank you

I find it very sad people have to be rewarded to help others. It just speaks to the selfishness of people. Very sad.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

We have to work with the people we have, not the people we wish we had.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

When I see ppl downed in the field I usually run over to help. Either by killing the mob to rally them or just ressing them. In a boss fight, I’ll res ppl depending on the situation. Some boss fights make it really difficult to res, like golem mark 2. In Tequatl I’m usually commanding so I have to be careful about dashing off to res.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

What about a very very very small buff you’ll receive for each rezzed person/ or after a certain amount of people?
Or just a visible aura that looks nice.

However, I rez people whenever it’s safe to do so and I want to rez. ^^

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You get XP. What do you want a medal? Key to the city? A parade?

Remember, golden rule.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Ressing near a fight should just count the same as doing damage (while easier sad then done from a designer standpoint). Same is true for buffing people and healing people who are doing damage (or helping other people them-self who do damage).

In addition when capturing a point while people have to stand inside the coloured circle to get the capture the real area that counts for getting the rewards (that’s already bigger then the coloured circle) should contain a whole tower or a bigger part of a castle, not just the small circle on that place where now everybody rushes to. Those changes would solve this problem completely imho.

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Back when there use to be a million people doing jormag, I once got a level and a half on one of my chars just rezzing people, that’s pretty rewarding I would say…

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

There is golden rule DEAD=WP dont lie on the ground for 10 mins you are useless , on www you are losing fight , on pve you are scaling events and dont help

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

Field medics in real wars don’t drop their guns in a fire fight.
But I do agree with you that it’s terrible to carry on without helping the downed and defeated that ‘gave their lives’ for the capture.
There’s a certain commander in the FA world that durring zergs sends a small squad of his guildmates to res the fallen if things are under control, but for the most part, people do tend to just keep going.

Maybe have the achievement keep going? Maybe infinitely? Add more titles along the way. Title 1 at 1.000 ressurrects, title 2 at 2.500, 3 at 5,000 and so on? I know people get a small amount of character experience per revive, maybe increase it a little. Add a bit of Karma. Just a couple few points per res?

I use the resurrect traits on all my characters, so ressing in combat for me is a great party support. And if people see my feedback bubble go up, usually they help.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

(edited by AngelDiscarnate.5489)

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I revive people because it’s the right thing to do… I don’t know about you people, but I got Combat Healer without knowing it existed, I usually get Daily Reviver without trying, and I see people reviving others all the time. And if there’s no one who wants to revive you, just use a WP or die less.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

It’s all about the design of the scenario.

Unfavorable scenarios for ressing:

• Most scenarios are designed according to “play how I want” concept, so there’s always WP nearby to use for ressing, ressing Defeated is unfortunately a waste of time because of the nearby WPs.
  • Ressing increases aggro rating to 100%, if there are mobs with powerful spike damage AoEs, it’s certain Suicide.
  • Ressing Defeated player during combat (Doesn’t apply to Downed players) takes 3 times longer to complete, which takes away players ability to deal damage and contribute.
  • In comparison of using nearby WP against During Combat “Resurrect”, the WP will always take less time, as Defeated player gets up then proceeds to run back to the combat area. This also doesn’t take away players ability to deal damage and contribute.

Favorable scenario to ress Defeated players:

• There are hardly scenarios in open world PvE where ressing Defeated players is good tactic, the best scenario to ress Defeated, would have to be enclosed arena with timed entrance (Means you WP out, you can’t get back in if the doors close) and no WPs inside of it to use for self-revival, use of WPs would remove player from the arena.
  • Only time when there was dire need to res Defeated players, was during the fight against Scarlet Briar’s Hologram in Breachmaker, the arena didn’t have any nearby WPs to use, except on the ground level, outside the arena, also that access to the Breachmaker was open for a limited time.
I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Eight O Eight.8257

Eight O Eight.8257

I rez people for two reasons. I like to help out and more people alive means more people doing damage. I don’t rez people who are dead in events where the waypoint is close, because they should just teleport and run back. I do. But anyone downed I rez. There’s no reason to risk yourself rezzing people who are too lazy to run a few feet. But if the waypoint is far away then I’ll rez.

This right here can pretty much end this thread. This sums it up nicely.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I find it very sad people have to be rewarded to help others. It just speaks to the selfishness of people. Very sad.

Yes, it is, but for 1/5 people help ressing, they risk their life to help, and the other 4/5 just stay there thinking about themselves.
It’s still a thing that need to be rewarded, in my opinion, because maybe next time someone will die, a 3/5 people will help ress.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I res everybody I see, apart from where the person is dead and it’s tequatl or wurm or some other “boss fight” where I’m constantly in combat (seriously, there’s always a waypoint nearby). I need no reward but the occasional “ty” is appreciated.

In turn it’s very rare that I don’t get ressed, I suspect it only really happens when other people have their hands full avoiding attacks or just don’t notice me.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Wow, some people want a reward for just about anything. Next they expect free items for just logging into the game, or for taking a step in any random direction.

What happened to just helping eachother out? I often go out of my way to res people who’re downed/defeated when I see them appear on my minimap. Do I get anything special for that? Often they don’t even thank me for it, but when they do I know it’s appreciated and that’s enough for me.
I actually feel bad when I fail to reach the player on time when they’re downed, or when I have to abandon them when there are just too many enemies around them.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

The only thing rezzing can offer is a marginal amount of EXP. If they were rewards actually worth rezzing for, people would be farming rez trains (zerg jumping off cliff, reviving each other after).

And you guys thought FGS train was bad!

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

The warm glow of satisfaction in helping out a fallen comrade is the only reward I need.

A “TY” doesn’t hurt either…

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I dont care if no additional rewards get added, I mean, there is already a pretty easy achievement and you do get exp for resing, i don’t expect them to go “here’s a champ box for you” (which could be a cool thing every x ppl you rez, but meh…)

What I think would be nice is that since resing is something that you will always be doing, even when playing “end-game”, I think its a nice place to test tiered achievement TITLES like in GW1.

For instance we already get “Combat Healer”, it would be nice if over time it went “Adept Combat Healer”, “Veteran Combat Healer” “_ Combat Healer” without necessarily giving you more points or rewards, but just some kind of recognition (and this should not be limited to just resing).

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Why not give a short temporary special stat boost for successful revives regardless of profession like all stats +50 for 5-10 seconds?

Also as someone already suggested, giving karma would be nice too.

To prevent abuse use the same system as daily reviver so you can’t revive same guy constantly!

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I can sort of understand not ressing at the big events, especially if all dead, I for just wp and run back as fast as I can and hope to get there in time. If the event is like seconds from completing I wait to be ressed after, hoping I got enough dmg in to get my participation.

But out in the world, anywhere from random heart quest to minor events, to some random killing somewhere… if you come by someone that died, you should ress them, I know I always do, I even take a detour sometimes if I see someone dead or dying just off my path. I’ve had someone see me fighting right next to him, I died about the same time as the last enemy in that place (had used the warrior downed skill, that gets you up temporarily), he stands right next to me, if not partially on top of me…. stand still for a second and then runs away… now that made me angry, because ressing me would have taken mere seconds out of his time.

(just to note, my warrior is still low level and I am not really too familiar with it)

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

Reward or not, I raise others because I like it when others raise me. What goes around comes around. Its part of keeping the community healthy.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Soft rez? (you’re downed?) sure.

Hard Rez? (You’re dead?)

If:

(There’s a fight going on) Don’t expect me to rev, WP

If:

(No threat/minimal threat) Sure.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Personally I revive people just to be nice I believe in karma and what goes around comes around (even in a pc game). But I would like for a new title to be added for those that are constantly reviving not for any real reason just because personally i’d like to have one that is a bit nicer then “combat healer” (completely selfish i’ll be the first to admit it! Im not perfect!) Maybe name could be Savior or Good Hearted or Kind anything sounds better then combat healer imo :P

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Personally I revive people just to be nice I believe in karma and what goes around comes around (even in a pc game). But I would like for a new title to be added for those that are constantly reviving not for any real reason just because personally i’d like to have one that is a bit nicer then “combat healer” (completely selfish i’ll be the first to admit it! Im not perfect!) Maybe name could be Savior or Good Hearted or Kind anything sounds better then combat healer imo :P

[Selfless Potion]

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Civilis.2547

Civilis.2547

I can sort of understand not ressing at the big events, especially if all dead, I for just wp and run back as fast as I can and hope to get there in time. If the event is like seconds from completing I wait to be ressed after, hoping I got enough dmg in to get my participation.

But out in the world, anywhere from random heart quest to minor events, to some random killing somewhere… if you come by someone that died, you should ress them, I know I always do, I even take a detour sometimes if I see someone dead or dying just off my path. I’ve had someone see me fighting right next to him, I died about the same time as the last enemy in that place (had used the warrior downed skill, that gets you up temporarily), he stands right next to me, if not partially on top of me…. stand still for a second and then runs away… now that made me angry, because ressing me would have taken mere seconds out of his time.

There are two special cases that arise sometimes.

Sometimes see a dead player icon on the mini-map, and it’s obvious it’s been there a while, especially if I have to fight to get over to it. This happens most often in Orr. I usually assume this is an AFK player, because if it takes me that long to get to the body, I would assume an active player would have just WP’d. In these cases, I don’t always resurrect the character if it looks like the character is in significant danger of dying again. It’s no longer as much of an issue with repairs being free, but old habits die hard; my instinct is to resurrect you to help you, not merely increase your repair bill.

The other case is I always hate when I stop to resurrect characters after a chain event and everyone else runs off and I miss the next event. I usually stick around to resurrect people, but I can understand the incentive not to. The biggest culprits I experience are the end of the Fire Elemental chain if someone announces they have a key for the Steam Ogre and the Grub at the start of the Jungle Wurm chain, but people that do the World Boss run probably can name a few other locations. If there was a bit more of a delay in these chains, and if the events were a lot more generous about getting credit for people arriving late, then I think more people would stick around.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I just wanna throw this out there if you are in the Defeated State, you should get up yourself and run back. If you are downed most often you are ressed especially in places like Teq and Wurm where the leaders usually have warriors use their War Banners, and things of the like. There are times when it is more dangerous to res a downed player than to let them be defeated while you stay alive to stay in the fray.

This game is awesome in that fact, just knowing any one can give anyone that “Healing Rub” is awesome and worth it.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Wow, some people want a reward for just about anything. Next they expect free items for just logging into the game, or for taking a step in any random direction.

What happened to just helping eachother out? I often go out of my way to res people who’re downed/defeated when I see them appear on my minimap. Do I get anything special for that? Often they don’t even thank me for it, but when they do I know it’s appreciated and that’s enough for me.
I actually feel bad when I fail to reach the player on time when they’re downed, or when I have to abandon them when there are just too many enemies around them.

A reward for participating with an event by helping your friendly players by resting or healing them. That’s not like asking for a reward for anything that’s asking for a reward for teamwork. One of the much hearth complains about combat is that is does not require teamwork but just dps dps dps. Well here is a small part of that problem.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m not apposed to a progressively higher Title for Rezing OR a progression of AP similar to the Salvage one (i.e. you get a single AP for every 250 player REZ).

Even with something like that, I doubt anyone is going to leave the CAP circle to REZ someone until after the CAP is done…..that’s just looking out for #1.

The real moral of the story here is that if you are in a Zerg and start to go down, move into the CAP circle…..or don’t go down? Stuff happens and you’ll get the next CAP reward….get over it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I rez people all the time, in fact I go out of my way to if I’m able to. And people do the same to me. Maybe TC is just a particularly friendly server/megaserver? Obviously there are times when I just wp and run back, but you learn about that, scaling and so on, as you become a more experienced player.

The system works very well as it is with no rewards for being a kind person, and quite right too, I wouldn’t like to see that change. Just as in RL, you play the game according to the sort of person you are, and your actions speak for you.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Soft rez? (you’re downed?) sure.

Hard Rez? (You’re dead?)

If:

(There’s a fight going on) Don’t expect me to rev, WP

If:

(No threat/minimal threat) Sure.

Basically my though process as well. I’ll go out of my way while mapping/running around a zone to rez someone I see on the mini map, but don’t expect me to rez you during an event (unless its an easy tag credit one). Dungeons are the only exception, in which I’ll try to rez a party member quickly (if possible).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…