Results from salvaging 8 ascended backpiece

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I had been storing wood and rubies and so I thought why not use it for something when people recommended doing this buying backpacks and salvaging them thing.

So bought 4 bloodstone and 4 skull backpieces.

Spent 10g and 10 laurels for 10 single piece kits. WEnt to fractals and used them to buy 2 5pc ascended salvage kits (heard the single piece ones were bugged)….so 20g in resources since a laurel is more or less 1 gold.

So that’s:
20g + 800 wood + 800 rubies + x unbound magic

And my output was:
-got all my unbound magic back! 500 per backpiece the same as I spent
-I got 8-9 +1 agony infusions per backpiece
-nothing
-nothing
-nothing

So that was fun.

SO next time I might recommend chooosing stats on the backpieces….maybe that makes a difference? WHO KNOWS! Never had any luck with RNG in this game, so I figured my luck might turn around but nahhhh. But thats okay. I’lll just save up more rubies and wood and……….not spend them on anything? sure.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Why back pieces?, the jackpot comes from amulets.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvaged_Excellence

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What exactly did you expect? The drop rates on anything other than the usual stuff is super low.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Why back pieces?, the jackpot comes from amulets.

Well cause I looked at the wiki….lol.

They grouped trinkets except rings under ONE category indicating that they all had a chance at this things in some numbers. I didn’t bother to read the entry on each of those things tho….and yes it says salvaged from amulets for that 1 entry. I would have gone amulets if i was aware of that perhaps.

ON THE OTHER HAND….if amulets were mentioned like that it implies that 2/3 jackpots might not be given from amulets. so I have double the chance of getting something from backpiece from that logic….even tho price is twice as much. YOu would assume also that backpieces would give more mats than something cheaper to create.

Alternatively you could say that amulets provide a chance of all 3 jackpots and that one of the jackpots is amulet only.

PROBLEM IS…the wiki did NOT specify which of the scenarios above is true. And if it specifies “trinket excluding rings give this crap:” you would generally assume that all that crap comes from any trinkets other than ring…..cause thats what it says lol. Especially when they are bothering to create categories and tell you what those specific categories give (ie. rings give this…..armour/weapons give this….. trinkets other than rings give this….).

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You might be misreading the wiki’s data.

Salvaged from Ascended amulets using Ascended Salvage Kits and Ascended Salvage Tools

The drop rate table for Ascended Sal Kits includes data on only six salvaged back items:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ball_of_Dark_Energy/Salvage_Rate

There wiki has no examples of Salvaged Dignity dropping from backs; whatever drop data there is comes from other sources.

At only 224 gold, it’s almost certainly cheaper to buy your “Dignity” rather than spend hard-to-acquire currencies & tokens (e.g. unbound + b-rubies/p-wood/w-berries) to get it through luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve replaced some ascended amulets on my characters with Blood Ruby Pendants because… a) I have no other use for the rubies, b) they’re better (changeable stats) and c) it allows me to salvage the existing amulets for a shot at some cash.

Replaced 3 so far, no luck yet. Investing in them just to salvage them doesn’t seem like a good gamble to me, considering the drop rates.