Resurrection Incentive

Resurrection Incentive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

Well, it looks as though it’s time to write this sort of request…

People have stopped Rezzing. This began when there were so many waypoints every in of the map that it was actually faster for people to run than rez them. Now that has led to people completely ignoring those downed.

You need to add an extra incentive to resurrecting people during events. More EXP at the end of each event for every resurrection or aid of a person from downed state.

Separately, some other incentive probably needs added like 10 people rezzed in an events gives N amount of exp. 20 N(n) and 30 gives N(n)+reward.

Whereas being a kitten doesn’t give anything.

I post this because we’re actually losing events simply because people are too selfish to help people, instead rushing past hoping to get a little more exp from a fight.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Lord Arhan Warmark.7098

Lord Arhan Warmark.7098

Personally I always rez people when it’s safe to do so… and TBH, I’ve never had people just run past me or leave an even where I’ve been downed and not stop and rez me. I’m sure it happens though.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

The only place I have noticed a reluctance to rez others is in the HoT maps, even if it would be safe to do so. (I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert at finding ways to become dead in that first map…).

But the culture of rezing looks to be well and truly alive in the rest of the game. Today I died 4 or 5 times falling from a tricky vista route in Blazeridge Steppes. On a couple of those occasions someone even fought through a couple of mobs to get to me. It warmed the kittenles of my heart it did, at least until I went to try that tricky jump again (I made it – eventually).

Edit: I just proper laughed at the kitten filter. It warmed the small edible marine bivalve molluscs of my heart it did.

(edited by DoctorDing.5890)

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I agree with the OP, giving some sort of incentive or bonus for rezzing people during events would encourage rezzing. My only concern about it is: sometimes it’s just better to run back. If a player is fully dead at the wyvern event in VB, the chopper back up is literally less then 30 seconds away from the WP. It reduces the standing players DPS to stop and res, and it’s not always safe to do so.

While I am 100% in support of giving players incentive to assist others that have fallen, I also believe that the fallen should help them selves and run back when it’s more efficient.

@OP: Please please don’t just assume because someone doesn’t res during an event they are “being a kitten”.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Omega.4950

Omega.4950

Incentives mean nothing when those demand to be resurrected in battles where bosses NEED your immediate attention to keep from dying yourself or lounging around in the fire. If you’re in poison or fire, waypoint yourself out and run back. That’s common sense. Don’t just sit there roasting dead, the fight is still scaled up when you’re dead on the ground.

Order Of The Mists [OOM]
http://mists.cadimus.net

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

I see nothing wrong with the way it is.. even in the HoT maps. When it is needed and save most people rez. For me the biggest incentive to rez is that others will help me up when I’m downed. Being friendly and help each other, when you don’t have to go out of your way to do so, it should be the normal thing to do.

Once I see that it is not reasonable for others to rez me (dead at Golem Mark 2, Vinewrath or now Tarir Meta-Event) I waypoint… no need to scale up the events while lying around watching others fight.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve not noticed any problems with it either, unless it’s too dangerous to attempt.

Even in the Labyrinth where there’s two easily accessible waypoints and the most ‘efficient’ way to play is to rush around, sticking close to the group, people will take time to resurrect downed or dead players unless they’re 1/2 way across the map.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The only times I see people intentionally ignore dead players is during events where the player either can’t afford to waste 30 seconds rezzing a player (time limit) or events where they’re likely to get killed themselves trying to rez others. Any other time, I almost never see someone ignore dead players (much less multiple people doing so).

And in those particular situations, I think it perfectly justified not to rez others until the event is finished or an opportunity to rez presents itself.

“Incentivizing” rezzes is a dangerous line to cross, because with extra rewards comes people who are willing to abuse that system to get the rewards. And THOSE people would be much, much worse than the “kittens” who aren’t rezzing you, as they’d be actively hurting the event just to help themselves.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

If I’m not mistaken, rezzing grants xp which goes towards your mastery tracks, so that is some incentive there.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

You should let this phenomenon incentivize you to not die.

It’s often too risky to revive players in HoT. Downed, maybe. But not the completely dead.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I haven’t seen any difference tbh. It depends more on who is around then any of the factors mentioned in the OP. Today, I was in two different instances of MK Lab. In the first, at the Viscount, people stopped to rez all the time; in the second, people at the same event did not.

(In the first, when there was much rezzing, no one seemed to be using the nearby waypoint. In the second, where there was little rezzing, after a little while, a few people used the waypoint.)

tl;dr I think this is a matter of confirmation bias: if you think people rez all the time, you will see tons of examples. If you think people have stopped rezzing, you will see that instead. However, it doesn’t seem any different to me (then again, my bias is that things don’t change as often as humans think that they do).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

I’m usually good about rezzing in combat (sometimes I end up getting downed for it), but people need to be willing to wait. I’ve come across defeated players, leap in to kill the group of offending enemies and right before all of the mobs die, they literally just wp away. I just say to myself “Really?”

Overall, I’ve never seen a situation in which players refused to revive others. We were doing an event in DS earlier and “wiped” with the boss going immune at 1% health. It turned into a mass grave and all but we still managed to get everyone back up (despite knowing we were going to a scripted death), just cause.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Honestly, I almost always stop to rez people. The annoying thing is when you start to rez them and they map out.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I just spent a good minute or two dancing around a vet to rez a (presumably afk) player who i’d guess must have died to it.

I hope they came back in time to escape before it re-deaded them ><

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Briars.1425

Briars.1425

ill revive downed players as i go. if you’re dead just WP. it either takes too long to rez in combat from dead. or its not safe to do so.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I haven’t noticed this problem. Even in HoTs. The only place where I’ve seen rezzing happen less is in difficult bosses in easily accessible locations.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m all for incentives. They could extend the original “rez X number of players” achievement to include more numbers.

Since the HoT maps (except for maybe Dragon’s Stand) has next to no WPs for their size, I always rez people. The only time I don’t is if I know doing it would simply mean I would die, too, therefore rendering the attempt pointless.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

People don’t really need any more incentives to rez. People that die need to stop expecting to be rezzed as if it’s the highest priority of everyone around them.

You’re not losing events because people aren’t getting rezzed. You’re losing events because the people playing the events are bad at the game and dying in large numbers

This isn’t a systems problem with rez incentives. It’s a social problem with player behavior more likely to place blame outside oneself than owning one’s mistakes.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

For me it’s an on/off thing with others rezzing. Most of the time when I go down, someone will come and help. Other times I’m downed and someone literally stands on top of me and doesn’t lift a finger, even though it wouldn’t be dangerous to do. Now I know that at times due to lag or something, people appear to be down at a different place than they actually are which doesn’t allow others to revive, and I’m a laid-back person by nature so I don’t usually get upset too much. But sometimes in those cases I internally go “Really?!?”, especially when I then die and have to be fully rezzed after.

But yeah, most of the time, people are being good sports.

Resurrection Incentive

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I always ress people when it is possible, but the dead should also understand that if they are laying dead under 30 Chak zerg or some funky champion mushroom boss, they won’t get ressed immediately no matter how often they spam “reeessss heeeeeeelp”.