Return of Investment for MF gears?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gek.6041

gek.6041

Ive had at least 300% MF due to my full out MF gears for awhile now but throughout that whole duration I only got 2 rares out of it… (Cursed Shore)

Not sure what Im doing wrong sometimes I question if luck isnt just on my side

How do I maximize the use of this gears?

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

MF always seemed silly to me as an armour stat.
Get armour with stats that maximise your build – more damage, more kills = more drops = more chances at good loot. If you still want MF, I find food and guild banner buffs to be more than sufficient and they don’t sacrifice performance for something as vague as luck.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Get armour with stats that maximise your build – more damage, more kills = more drops = more chances at good loot. If you still want MF, I find food and guild banner buffs to be more than sufficient and they don’t sacrifice performance for something as vague as luck.

Same here, I find MF to be a waste.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

gek.6041

I have a full pledge farming character (I dont plan using it for WvW, PvP etc..), its only for plinx and stuff like that so I thought having a full out MF gear would just suit it as well since I read that MF gears pay out after awhile

But its been awhile and still no result..* sigh *

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

Sometimes you just get kitten by the game. DR is a kitten. I farmed CS for hours and hours and hours in my warrior must have put in 80 hours in a 2 week period and got zero rare drops.

Then i started leveling a thief and didnt touch warrior for weeks, finally played him again and got 2 rare drops in first 30 min farming CS.

So my advice is if you think you have triggered DR to not play that character for a few weeks and then go back to him.

Also FYI i have been playing my warrior very rarely now no more than 60 min a day at most and never more than 30 min in same map zone and i havent been hit with DR again, still get a rare drop a hour on average when farming CS now.

Posted by: Tajmo.1836

Tajmo.1836

Literally what Rifter said. I weren’t as unlucky as you guys, but there was a noticable decline in my luck with my Warrior. Created a thief alt and played him for a month. Went back to warrior and got four exotics in one day, one was the dagger in WvW and the other three was from two CoF runs. Now, a month later again and I am lucky if I get a green from CoF.

“all your shinies are belong to us” – Skritt Citizen

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

A guildmate of mine, who has a friend at ANet (pve balancing I believe is his department) stated to said guildmate that MF has been broken since beta. It’s either because of the algorithm they use, or some co-effecient isn’t working in regards to the amount of MF a player has.

At anyrate, using MF food and getting a full MF set is a waste of money and time right now but when they get it fixed it should pay off.

The guy also stated that they havn’t announced it because they do not want to have a pitch-fork forum fiasco, which if the forum knew about it they may or may not get.

I’ve not seen anyone posting about it, but I always felt that it was broken when I first started playing about a month ago. I mean, getting loot is literally completely random other than getting a for sure rare at the events that currently provide them.

ANet doesn’t even talk about it, which is understandable. I wouldn’t want to divulge that information either, that a major part of gaining gear is completely worthless right now, and hasn’t worked ever since the game was created.

Damage control will start I’m sure, and this post will most likely disappear. As well, readers will believe what they want to believe about it, but I know my guildie wouldn’t lie about it, he’s not the sort to do things like that.

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

If your after rares and exos your wasting your time with MF. 300% of stupid low is still stupid low. thats not even considering DR.

you’ll see a noticable amount of more blues and greens with the mf gear, but even then it will take awhile to get returns.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

@Balao, I have absolutely no doubt that it is broken since I get the same average drops on characters with and without MF. Unfortunately the ‘a mate told me in the pub’ does not carry a lot of weight. Could very well be true, but sorry can’t point a finger at A-net and say A-HAH.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

@Balao… yeah we believe you and your Guildie, honest!

Even if your friend of a friend story was true, you will of most likely just started an internal witch hunt for the person who leaked your story…… P45 incoming!

Bottom line is every MMO I have ever played has some form of DR mechanic… it’s there for a reason. What would players do if they could loot eveything in a few days or a week even a month.. they would then grown bored, disillusioned and move on.

DR might be broken but personally I have never had any issues pulling rares with nothing more than a MF pie in my stomach but then again the whole point of rares is that they are… you know – RARE! otherwise they have no reason to make them standout in boxes or paint them yellow.

Now quit with your conspiracy theory and learn to enjoy the game as a game instead of focussing on how bad your loot drop is/was/will be.

To OP… I have a maxed out chef that preps a range of pies for differnt level toons… so when I feel like doing a little map farming… eerrrm exploration – I just pop a pie or two for an hour and take whatever I get from my time… everything has a vlaue, not everything has to be in a drop box and painted yellow/orange to make coin. Make enough coin and spend it wisely then you can begin to stop worrying about farming Rares for Ecto’s, they become a “Nice if it drops for me kinda thing” instead.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

MF most definitely does SOMETHING, whether or not that something is 100% what they planned is the question I would ask. Full rare MF set, jewels, food, and banner, i make out with probably 3-5 rares between 1 rotation of shelter/penitent camps. After the one of each though it seems DR kicks in. They need to come up with a game changing loot system, something other than RNG, that can revolutionize this genre. Randomness is stupid.

Bloodstealer.5978

MF most definitely does SOMETHING, whether or not that something is 100% what they planned is the question I would ask. Full rare MF set, jewels, food, and banner, i make out with probably 3-5 rares between 1 rotation of shelter/penitent camps. After the one of each though it seems DR kicks in. They need to come up with a game changing loot system, something other than RNG, that can revolutionize this genre. Randomness is stupid.

So what would you suggest they do to avoid the use of RNG.

The only other way would be to have static drops for everyone.. ie everyone gets the same thing likely based on class/proffession make ups… that in turn will only serve to make the game look grey and boring.
The only way to allow players to evolve their toons and their own gameplay experience is to have some form of randomness.. otherwise it might as well be a consoled platform game with pre set power ups.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

I am having trouble believing that no one can provide us with a spreadsheet or loot table to determine whether or not there is a statistically significant difference in drop rates. If there is something like that online I would love to contribute otherwise I’d start one myself.

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You were just unlucky.

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

I have about 80% MF only but I got 2-3 rares from orr events and about 3-5 rares from chest events with 1 exotic average per 2 weeks rate. I put on MF on my character for lordstones now it’s better to farms rares then buy lordstones.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

Devs can you please respond to the post above about MF being broken. I would really like to know if im wasting time/money on MF gear. This is not something you should hold back from the playerbase, if it is broken please let us know so we can build our toons accordingly.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Try using your MF gear on the MAW event. I have seen players pull away with exotics from the chest.
I get at least 1 rare for every 1 – 2 times I do the event without MF gear.
Edit: In fact, I would stop using it to farm mobs and maybe just toss it on during events with Chest Drops.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

(edited by Daemonne.5018)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

@Daemonne They have said chests are not affected by MF.

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

@Daemonne They have said chests are not affected by MF.

Interesting, yet I see the same players pulling away with Exotics on the MAW event quite often.

They also say Hey look MF gear is in our game and so it should work.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I used MF gear for crafting material farming, since I think mf affects that slightly. For anything above fine/masterwork (most crafting mats are fine lvl), I gave up on magic find to get me any of that.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Don’t judge MF by how many rare drops you had, judge it by how many extra mats you get per drop.

also, the numbers tend to confuse ppl.. say you have a 1% chance of getting a rare weapon from a drop, 300% MF only bumps that up to a 4% chance.. so don’t expect rares and exotics to start raining down.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

considering that I would kill much faster in a berzerker.. i will take my chances without mf gear! the speed difference is HUGE, especially if I count the bonus from runes.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

also, the numbers tend to confuse ppl.. say you have a 1% chance of getting a rare weapon from a drop, 300% MF only bumps that up to a 4% chance.. so don’t expect rares and exotics to start raining down.

Thanks, I wanted to write the same. And often the drop chance is probably way below that. Plus it doesn’t has any effect on chests.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

its ridiculous MF gear even exists. anet is talking about balancing stuff to make it “fair” for everyone…. this must be a joke…. due to lacking drops i should run full MF gear? doenst it mean u get carried by your grp? this is fair?

GrandmaFunk.3052

due to lacking drops i should run full MF gear? doenst it mean u get carried by your grp? this is fair?

A: you don’t have to sacrifice everything and run pure MF.

B: if slightly lowered stats make you go from “productive team member” to “useless body that needs to be carried through content by your party” …. i’d say your ability to play the game effectively has some bigger problems to overcome.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

due to lacking drops i should run full MF gear? doenst it mean u get carried by your grp? this is fair?

A: you don’t have to sacrifice everything and run pure MF.

B: if slightly lowered stats make you go from “productive team member” to “useless body that needs to be carried through content by your party” …. i’d say your ability to play the game effectively has some bigger problems to overcome.

dfwäioafheaoifmor….. why should this affect my skills? MF means my character deals less dmg…. less dmg = everything takes longer and im getting carried because im not playing with my characters full potential…….. so im getting better loot while wasting other ppls time?…. this is not my definition of “fair”….
there is only one way to deal with it…. run full MF yourself. otherwise u r the idiot with less loot that carries the rest…..

GrandmaFunk.3052

dfwäioafheaoifmor…..

indeed

why should this affect my skills? MF means my character deals less dmg…. less dmg = everything takes longer and im getting carried because im not playing with my characters full potential…….. so im getting better loot while wasting other ppls time?…. this is not my definition of “fair”….
there is only one way to deal with it…. run full MF yourself. otherwise u r the idiot with less loot that carries the rest…..

do you only play with max level characters that have nothing but ascended trinkets, exotic armour and weapons, perfectly tuned traits/skills, consumable uptime of 100% and in a party with 4 ppl of like-quality? are you all masters of your builds?

somehow i doubt this is true, which means, you already aren’t playing to your “full potential” anyway.

if you only had rares instead of exotics for your armour, would you feel like you’re being carried? if someone in your party isn’t using consumables for stat boost, are they making you carry them?

stop worrying about who’s carrying who and who’s sub-optimal in their gear choice.

if you had fun and the content got done, mission successful. whether it took 28 minutes or only 26 won’t have any actual impact on your enjoyment or your quality of life.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by GrandmaFunk.3052)

Balao.3016

Even if your friend of a friend story was true, you will of most likely just started an internal witch hunt for the person who leaked your story…… P45 incoming!

Bottom line is every MMO I have ever played has some form of DR mechanic… it’s there for a reason. What would players do if they could loot eveything in a few days or a week even a month.. they would then grown bored, disillusioned and move on.

DR might be broken but personally I have never had any issues pulling rares with nothing more than a MF pie in my stomach but then again the whole point of rares is that they are… you know – RARE! otherwise they have no reason to make them standout in boxes or paint them yellow.

Now quit with your conspiracy theory and learn to enjoy the game as a game instead of focussing on how bad your loot drop is/was/will be.

To OP… I have a maxed out chef that preps a range of pies for differnt level toons… so when I feel like doing a little map farming… eerrrm exploration – I just pop a pie or two for an hour and take whatever I get from my time… everything has a vlaue, not everything has to be in a drop box and painted yellow/orange to make coin. Make enough coin and spend it wisely then you can begin to stop worrying about farming Rares for Ecto’s, they become a “Nice if it drops for me kinda thing” instead.

I respect your view on my post. However, I’m not simply making a conspiracy theory. People will take what they want from any post from any person. I’ve used MF food as well, and I see no noticeable difference what-so-ever. Sure, my guild leader can put on his 300% MF and get 9 rares during a temple event, while the rest of us (even people using the food and gear) get nothing but blues, whcih I got with no MF gear.

I’ve seen people use all the MF they can get, whcih is a lot, and pull blues from chests with a rare. They’d get 5 items, 4 of which are blues with that 1 rare. I’ve had days where I pull 10 items, 5 of which are grees, 4 blues, 1 rare. I’ve seen people get exotics, even precursors from the chests; there is usually 1 exotic or precursor per dragon chest that I’ve noticed. MF does not affect chests, this we know because ANet stated as much. During temple event runs, I would notice MF users getting blues, which non mf users getting rares, and then during another temple event, the mf users getting 5-9 rares, whlie those without getting nothing but greens and blues.

I’m not trying to call a witch hunt on anyone, and I’m not saying I do not enjoy this game, those are ideas and words that you put in my post that were never there to begin with. I love this game, it’s the best mmo that I’ve played in my 32 years of life. Sadly, I missed GW1 and Everquest, but I still believe this game, as it stands, is better than all of the ones I’ve played. What I am merely stating in this post and in my post above, is that MF has been broken since the game was created. You have your own opinion, as everyone else does in this thread, but there is no mistaking that MF is certainly broken.

Now, this doesn’t mean I want an exotic every single time I do a dragon chest. However, there doesn’t seem to be any kind of correlation between using mf food/gear to not using it. People can get 3-9 rares during a temple event with and without the mf, same for dragon chests. I also came to this conclusion before my guildmate had even said anything about this to me, simply from my own observations since December.

At any rate, I think ANet has done a great job with the staff they have, and I like the direction the game is going. I’m merely pointing out a defect in a system they use. Like I said, I love the game, it’s kept me playing well after hitting 80.

(edited by Balao.3016)

Posted by: Platypus.7831

Platypus.7831

I was a die hard believer in MF gear in the beginning. I farmed cursed shore for hours. Got lots of rares. I would say doing shelt/pen, I would pull at least one rare per event. Then I started having a problem getting kill credit so went back to normal full stat gear. Didn’t feel as if I was seeing a decline in rare drops. Then they changed the way you got kill credit. Went back to MF gear and saw rare drops go up again.

So now, after all this, I do believe MF gear has some effect on your drops. I see these guys saying you are gimping yourself wearing MF gear. Who cares. Don’t wear it in dungeons cause that is not nice. But when farming with twenty or more other people, of course wear MF. Why wouldn’t you. The loots are much better. More gold. More happy face.

Balao.3016

I was a die hard believer in MF gear in the beginning. I farmed cursed shore for hours. Got lots of rares. I would say doing shelt/pen, I would pull at least one rare per event. Then I started having a problem getting kill credit so went back to normal full stat gear. Didn’t feel as if I was seeing a decline in rare drops. Then they changed the way you got kill credit. Went back to MF gear and saw rare drops go up again.

So now, after all this, I do believe MF gear has some effect on your drops. I see these guys saying you are gimping yourself wearing MF gear. Who cares. Don’t wear it in dungeons cause that is not nice. But when farming with twenty or more other people, of course wear MF. Why wouldn’t you. The loots are much better. More gold. More happy face.

Perhaps then it is a perception issue, as well as not using mf in what could be perceived as the “proper” way.

I think, after talking with some people, I’m more on the fence about it than I was when I previously posted.

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Magic find is pretty stupid design, but since it exists you’d be crazy not to use it for farming if it is an advantage. The penalties just aren’t significant

You’re not “gimping” yourself at all if you are playing a defensive character. I can change my Power/Toughness/Healing Guardian into a Power/Precision/Magic Find one..and UP my damage and lower survivabiity matters little in dynamic events.

If you’re a total glass cannon, yes you’ll do less damage but you’re ALREADY doing plenty of damage to tag the mobs (its now even less % damage needed in zergs since last patch!)

Posted by: Darkside.5679

Darkside.5679

How are you getting 300% anyway? I’ve got full exo MF gear with the luck sigil, 5 pirate runes, 1 noble rune, the ascended neck with the 20% infusion…and even still couldn’t reach 300% even with food and the booster. Regardless I’ve been using MF often since launch and I’ve noticed after many months now that I don’t really get more rares/exo’s than normal…however I DO get a lot more crafting materials than normal.

Edit: I see now, max with gear can reach 167% and effects can reach 155%…I didn’t realized the MF booster and the Laurel booster stack.

(edited by Darkside.5679)

Posted by: solvejg.3720

solvejg.3720

I’d say the point is that, if MF is actually working, it doesn’t make anywhere near enough difference. I’ve been farming with my son for a long time now; he has next to no MF and I have around 100%. I would reasonably expect to either receive more mats than him, or more rares – or anything at all to indicate to me that all the gold, karmas, and laurels I’ve invested in MF gear are paying off. In reality, the difference in our fortunes is unnoticeable. We’ll often compare mat drops after a few hours farming together. I really can’t see the MF making any difference whatsoever. Moreover, after our most recent run, he had about 25% more T5 and T6 mats than me, and we’re both tagging and taking down exactly the same amount of critters.
I’d suggest that any MF system should prevent this from happening at all. If you pump up your MF, you should expect better returns.
I suspect we’re engaging in another Final Rest topic here: we’ll log in after an update one day and suddenly find MF working.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I can only say again what has been said above: 100% MF makes a 0,1% chance a 0,2% chance. 1000 oder 10000 drops would probably be an adequate sample size.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Bloodstealer.5978

I respect your view on my post. However, I’m not simply making a conspiracy theory. People will take what they want from any post from any person. I’ve used MF food as well, and I see no noticeable difference what-so-ever. Sure, my guild leader can put on his 300% MF and get 9 rares during a temple event, while the rest of us (even people using the food and gear) get nothing but blues, whcih I got with no MF gear.

I’ve seen people use all the MF they can get, whcih is a lot, and pull blues from chests with a rare. They’d get 5 items, 4 of which are blues with that 1 rare. I’ve had days where I pull 10 items, 5 of which are grees, 4 blues, 1 rare. I’ve seen people get exotics, even precursors from the chests; there is usually 1 exotic or precursor per dragon chest that I’ve noticed. MF does not affect chests, this we know because ANet stated as much. During temple event runs, I would notice MF users getting blues, which non mf users getting rares, and then during another temple event, the mf users getting 5-9 rares, whlie those without getting nothing but greens and blues.

I’m not trying to call a witch hunt on anyone, and I’m not saying I do not enjoy this game, those are ideas and words that you put in my post that were never there to begin with. I love this game, it’s the best mmo that I’ve played in my 32 years of life. Sadly, I missed GW1 and Everquest, but I still believe this game, as it stands, is better than all of the ones I’ve played. What I am merely stating in this post and in my post above, is that MF has been broken since the game was created. You have your own opinion, as everyone else does in this thread, but there is no mistaking that MF is certainly broken.

Now, this doesn’t mean I want an exotic every single time I do a dragon chest. However, there doesn’t seem to be any kind of correlation between using mf food/gear to not using it. People can get 3-9 rares during a temple event with and without the mf, same for dragon chests. I also came to this conclusion before my guildmate had even said anything about this to me, simply from my own observations since December.

At any rate, I think ANet has done a great job with the staff they have, and I like the direction the game is going. I’m merely pointing out a defect in a system they use. Like I said, I love the game, it’s kept me playing well after hitting 80.

The mistake you are making is trying to correlate MF with who gets what loot.
MF does not guarantee you anything it simply provides a small additional chance to your RNG. That can still correltate to me getting 5 rares from 10 drops using no MF and you getting 1 rare from the same 10 drops using 100% MF….. its still comes down to a lucky dice roll.
Sure it might be broken but even if it wasn’t you can still be just as lucky or unlucky so unfortunately the the friend of a friend story is meaningless either way imo.
I am glad you love the game and hopefully that means you enjoy more than just focusing on what loot you or others are pulling in game cos honestly does it really matter what random joe is looting compared to you…

Posted by: Slaa.7561

Slaa.7561

Same here, I find MF to be a waste.

this IMO is how it should be. bonus items like food, banners, boosts make sense to use when the need arises. people swapping in their MF is selfish and makes me feel i should leave the area, instead of my heals helping this person.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

MF gear is for open pve farming. Make sure you get good at tagging mobs in events. It takes a while to learn their spawns. A lot of times youo won’t get loot because you’re not getting credit for kills.
I definitely notice the difference between non-mf gear and mf gear when farming pve.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Ive had at least 300% MF due to my full out MF gears for awhile now but throughout that whole duration I only got 2 rares out of it… (Cursed Shore)

Not sure what Im doing wrong sometimes I question if luck isnt just on my side

How do I maximize the use of this gears?

Maybe your spending to much time in the Cursed Shore. I think the game may reward players who spend their time in multiple zones.

gek.6041

How are you getting 300% anyway? I’ve got full exo MF gear with the luck sigil, 5 pirate runes, 1 noble rune, the ascended neck with the 20% infusion…and even still couldn’t reach 300% even with food and the booster. Regardless I’ve been using MF often since launch and I’ve noticed after many months now that I don’t really get more rares/exo’s than normal…however I DO get a lot more crafting materials than normal.

Edit: I see now, max with gear can reach 167% and effects can reach 155%…I didn’t realized the MF booster and the Laurel booster stack.

No Food whatsoever, Im using 6 Superior Rune of the Pirate (300%) + all MF gears which amounts to 24% more MF (Full Rare w/ Exo Weap so you can just imagine my frustration since I spent quite a fortune to build it)

In Total, I got 324% MF but I didnt bother putting the other 24% in my OP since I dont think its that significant

(edited by gek.6041)

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

Out of curiosity, I bought a MF rare set for my pen/shelter runs. Didn’t notice significantly better or more loot, but did notice less damage and hence less enemies tagged and much more chance of dying on my part. For the kind of investment and damage reduction and the cost of a full exo set + weapons + trinkets, I’d expect more, so not terribly impressed. If you’re getting good results out of it, and keeping it out of groups I see no harm though.

Posted by: Platypus.7831

Platypus.7831

No Food whatsoever, Im using 6 Superior Rune of the Pirate (300%) + all MF gears which amounts to 24% more MF (Full Rare w/ Exo Weap so you can just imagine my frustration since I spent quite a fortune to build it)

In Total, I got 324% MF but I didnt bother putting the other 24% in my OP since I dont think its that significant

Your math is off my friend. You are getting %50 from your runes.

This is what a normal set of rare and masterwork MF gear looks like. We are not going to include ascended gear.

%18 – 6 armor pieces with %3 each
%60 – 5 superior traveler runes and 1 pirate
%15 – superior sigil of luck with full 25 stack
%36 – %6 each from rings, earrings, necklace and back
So thats %129

Then you can add %50 from a gem store booster, %10 from banner and %30 from food. There is also the laurel booster and the guild 24hr boosters. As well as the %20 from the ascended necklace.

So with armor, omnomberry bar and banner = %169

That is what you can count under most situations. Then you can add on the boosters if you want.

(edited by Platypus.7831)

Posted by: solvejg.3720

solvejg.3720

I can only say again what has been said above: 100% MF makes a 0,1% chance a 0,2% chance. 1000 oder 10000 drops would probably be an adequate sample size.

And in the context of the title of this thread, my answer would be ‘No, the investment is not worth it.’
But it could be, and it should be, and the world would be a better place.
Like anything else, if I invest time and virtual currency into something, I would expect it to yield a proportionate reward. MF gear does not currently do this.
Given how wonderfully well so much of the game has been balanced, I really can only read this as a dodgy, swept-under-the-rug algorithm. An infuriating one. Infuriating because players need to see responses to their actions.

Posted by: emphasis.9803

emphasis.9803

Get armour with stats that maximise your build – more damage, more kills = more drops = more chances at good loot.

Take a look at the new ascend items with support infusion slot …. there you go. Very clever implementation in various ways, i think. No more degrading your strenth using MF-Gear, but you have to work for it.

20 laurels for the ‘magical infusion’ is ideed a little over the top.

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

if you had fun and the content got done, mission successful. whether it took 28 minutes or only 26 won’t have any actual impact on your enjoyment or your quality of life.

+50

Well said. I don’t run MF because I think it’s a waste of time, but I couldn’t care less if someone else does, and I probably wouldn’t know it if they did. I’m not one of those “link your gear” kittenholes anyway. Play what you want.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

The guy also stated that they havn’t announced it because they do not want to have a pitch-fork forum fiasco, which if the forum knew about it they may or may not get.

Based on how things have gone since launch I think they actually enjoy a good pitchfork forum fiasco. As for MF gear I do not seek it out. MF food I will use on occasion if I have some and happen to think of it, more often than not because I need inventory space. MF as a stat makes no sense to me, but I am just a gamer and know little of the ways of game development.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

The best way to loot rares is to stop farming them.
Seriously. Go play some fractals and you’ll get tons.

I’m actually happy that rares come more from hard content and not farming easymode Orr with MF gear.

GrandmaFunk.3052

For the kind of investment and damage reduction and the cost of a full exo set + weapons + trinkets, I’d expect more, so not terribly impressed.

That might be the wrong approach, anecdotaly speaking, it’s something you want a bit of…. not to focus every possible slot on MF. (ie: maybe 50% is an MF sweet spot and 200% is a total waste?)

for example, when i get a new char to 80, i rarely have the cash to get all the exo pieces and runes i want right away, so i slap on cheap rare gear with some mf on it.. and it feels like it helps paying for the upgrades that will follow.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They should remove MF gear so I don’t feel required to wear it. Not that it matters anyway, since I don’t really need the vitality/toughness I’d get otherwise or the increased damage to kill a mob a second faster. For reference, elementalist solo AoE perspective.

If dragon events are kept the way they are, I’m not sure if MF gear is even worth it.

I’m actually happy that rares come more from hard content and not farming easymode Orr with MF gear.

Using 2 characters, I usually get around 20 rares a day within a 4 hour timespan doing only 9 dragon events (5 on one, 4 on the other). Pretty easymode.