Return of Owl, and the Lost spirits possibly?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tazirai.2859

Tazirai.2859

Before I begin I want to say I am a bit biased. In real life The owl is something I’d consider my spirit animal, even though I’m not religious at all.
In Game however I’ve latched onto the lore of the Norn Spirits. Particularly Owl.
My new main Roleplays as a new Owl Shaman, named Owl Woman.

I’m currently enjoying collecting as man of the Owl related items in game.
Recently I’ve decided to pursue my Legendary, Howler, and perhaps Nevermore.
During the quest for Howler, I discovered the Owl Spirit atop Owl’s abattoir.
I’m wondering is this Owl returned to Tyria?
Is this Owl, returned, but reborn as a new Owl Spirit?
Will Owl’s loss to Jormag ever be resolved?
I’d love to see the lost spirits return in a Living world tale or series of storyline quests.
Since owl does play a prominent role in the Norn culture, even though she’s a lesser spirit. Perhaps more items, and clothing in honor of her memory?

I’d love to see some of the other spirits return, such as Otter, and Minotaur.
I’d like to see something from Anet on the Spirits of the wild, and even the return of the Human gods.

I’m wondering if the Dragons return have weakened all the gods in some fashion.

Any other Owl fans out there want to share their thoughts or weigh in?

Attachments:

(edited by Tazirai.2859)

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

My ranger is norn and I loved my snow owl pet (I want a mini one but I got like 4 hawks instead) for long time but I am snow leopard follower, ya know that snow leopard racial skill too cool.

I believe they are gone forever consumed and turned into food for the dragons. Once the dragons die/ go back to sleep maybe new ones will be reborn? Could be a reason why the human gods left tyria and wont even say hi now and then. Afraid they get eaten like norn spirits.

oh I add a picture too ;-)
http://s284.photobucket.com/user/JustinePavlovich/media/gw014_zpsmvqrjlkz.jpg.html

how do I get only picture to show and not a link?

(edited by Justine.6351)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ve often thought that the lost spirits will be part of some sort of storyline, and with LS my thinking has gone with that. The text at the lost spirit shrine in Hoelbrak can be interpreted as they are just lost and not destroyed. I’m pretty sure the text for one of them has been changed to reflect this from when I first started the game.

Or not. I can’t wait to find out when we finally go after Jormag

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Owl, no I don’t think so. The in-game lore makes it fairly clear that Owl was consumed and destroyed by Jormag.

The others though? Yes it’s definitely a possibility that they are still out there but just ‘lost’. However it would be extremely unlikely they would become a major spirit of the wild as that would logically result in changes and additions to the norn mechanics.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

who knows if owl is really gone?

the ingame owl shrine makes you think that owl is actually alive!

you can check it ingame or look up wiki description:
(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrine_to_Owl)
Quote:
“This shrine is dedicated to Owl, who was devoured by Jormag. Although Spirits have been missing before, Owl has been destroyed forever.”
—>Remember Owl’s sacrifice.
“What comes next is an assault on the senses. A flurry of feathers, a scream into the maw of oblivion, a creeping coldness. But one sensation towers over them all—hope.”

sounds like the spirit of the owl is still there just very weakened maybe so it cant show itsself fully?
then again in the sentence directly before that one it says “destroyed forever”….

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Just a thought. If the spirits are incarnations of magic and dragons eat magic and Asura say nothing is every destroyed just changed then there is a good chance that by killing Jormag the owl spirit could be released.

It should follow that with every dragon killed magic in the world will get stronger.

(edited by Mysticjedi.6053)

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Owl’s last havroun confirmed her death (though I know with Anet lore that may not mean jack), and the other two spirits as just lost. I have to wonder if they became Jormag’s champs.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Owl, no I don’t think so. The in-game lore makes it fairly clear that Owl was consumed and destroyed by Jormag.

The others though? Yes it’s definitely a possibility that they are still out there but just ‘lost’. However it would be extremely unlikely they would become a major spirit of the wild as that would logically result in changes and additions to the norn mechanics.

Really it would only add an elite cultural spell. I could see them doing it… if they ever made cultural magic relevant.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

When dragons die they release a lot of stored energy. It may well be that when jormag dies, owl may be released.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Is it not possible that if Owl was destroyed it left a void that could be filled with a new Owl spirit?

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yeah the owl was destroyed, owl released? Maybe a pile of magic goo. Think there is a potential for a new animal spirit in the future but that’s about all. Jormag isn’t taking magic prisoner lols.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Is it not possible that if Owl was destroyed it left a void that could be filled with a new Owl spirit?

It’s an interesting point.

After all there is a Spirit of the Wild for every wild animal. I wonder what happens to species of animal when they loose their Spirit. I guess we had glimpses at Owls Abattoir where many owls were not looking after themselves, but that’s really just clutching at straws. Other than they they seem normal, which is a little odd, considering other examples in game.

For example, the Minotaur story arc probably showed us more how the fate of a Spirit of the Wild can affect it’s children. When Minotaur was caught by some Svanir and was set to be devoured in the Ice Dragon’s name, the minotaur went crazy.

Maybe another benevolent Spirit of the Wild might take pity on the children of Owl and protect them? Who knows. of the Major Spirits of the Wild I guess I could see Leopard doing this, for various reasons. But I’m not sure it’s something that is – or should – be done. Norn culture is very grounded in ‘survival of the fittest’ which has evolved due to the intimate relation with the wilds.

Maybe that is something that might be addressed when the Jormag Story is expanded upon in-game.

(edited by Reverielle.3972)

Tazirai.2859

Which has me wondering, Because there IS an Owl spirit upon Owl’s Abattoir. I’m wondering if this is a new aspect of Owl, or just another Spirit to take her place?

Here’s a picture of the Owl Spirit upon the Abattoir.

Attachments:

Lindelle.3718

Which has me wondering, Because there IS an Owl spirit upon Owl’s Abattoir. I’m wondering if this is a new aspect of Owl, or just another Spirit to take her place?

Here’s a picture of the Owl Spirit upon the Abattoir.

Wait… what?! I have never seen this. I thought Wolf was the only open world spirit you could see.. and considering she is supposed to be dead, this is really interesting. Ill have to go check this out.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

who knows if owl is really gone?

the ingame owl shrine makes you think that owl is actually alive!

you can check it ingame or look up wiki description:
(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrine_to_Owl)
Quote:
“This shrine is dedicated to Owl, who was devoured by Jormag. Although Spirits have been missing before, Owl has been destroyed forever.”
—>Remember Owl’s sacrifice.
“What comes next is an assault on the senses. A flurry of feathers, a scream into the maw of oblivion, a creeping coldness. But one sensation towers over them all—hope.”

sounds like the spirit of the owl is still there just very weakened maybe so it cant show itsself fully?
then again in the sentence directly before that one it says “destroyed forever”….

I believe that is Owl’s final moments. The hope part is letting the Norn escape.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Well I’m Native American and we are kinda funny about owls. At least my tribe is. Actually come to think of it we’re funny about a whole lot of things lol.

All kidding aside the lore jumped track between the game and books (in my humble opinion) with everyone flying around with wings, but it is fixable, or at least explainable. As the dragons fade more magic returns, perhaps owl will also

My WvW main is also Norn and I was also touched by owl’s story. I don’t know why, but it kind of stuck and drew me in.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

Tazirai.2859

I’m hoping the Spirits, and perhaps the Gods make a return. But i’d like to know Is that Owl on top of the Abattoir, or another spirit in her form. Perhaps the last Havroun of Owl. taking her form.

Lindelle.3718

I’m hoping the Spirits, and perhaps the Gods make a return. But i’d like to know Is that Owl on top of the Abattoir, or another spirit in her form. Perhaps the last Havroun of Owl. taking her form.

What happened to the lost spirits, and what goes on with female norn icebrood, are my two biggest lore questions.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

…and what goes on with female norn icebrood…

There probably aren’t any. If the Sons of Svanir are solely in charge of corrupting Norn then they’ll most likely be killed or just ignored. Eir was threatened with being sacrificed in the Romke’s horn section of the Norn PS.

Nice guys.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

My main character is a follower of the dead Owl Spirit his mother was a owl shaman before she died. Owl and her beliefs connects with me

fox crashing into a sleeping bear while an owl flies overhead. The caption reads, "Those who charge blindly forward are likely to be surprised.

And Owl said to Wolf, ‘Brother, all your hunting is for naught if your family dines alone.’ And Wolf returned to his cubs, for he knew that Owl was wise.

The finest hunter can’t feed her family unless she is fed first. In return, hunters leave no bowl empty. This, we learned from Owl

To hear Bear or Wolf is to know fear, for their enemies cannot overcome them. To hear Owl is to know peace, for her enemies will never hear her coming

Im also hoping that Anet reconnects with Owl story line when we fight Jormag

Im also looking for a Owl Follower RP Guild to join

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: Jot.1287

Jot.1287

Count me in as a Norn player who finds Owl interesting and wants to know if Owl is alive. When I got to the destroyed Owl building first time near launch it was great. I liked reading the lore stuff, but I dont ever remember the Owl spirit sitting up there. Another spirit I want to know more about is Gorilla, that one has always been the one spirit I wanted to know more about and get a Norn racial elite of.

Jot Vau – norn Guardian
Josef Vau – human Revenant

Tazirai.2859

The Owl Spirit had to have been recently added when the changes to legendary changes were made. But It is an Owl Spirit up there. I want to know more about it.
Come on Anet, lets do this.