Returning - Just a few questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

I left right as the Living Story 2 was coming out to play other games for awhile. Having returned, I am wondering a few things…

- My world completion is now at 99% due to them adding something. Where do I need to look? I have a needle in a haystack situation here.
- Have there been any significant changes to SPvP & WvW? It seems like I got an email a few months ago about something like this.
- The marketplace looks way different now. Is that just an aesthetic thing? Was anything improved?
- Are people still farming Cursed Shore events?
- What’s up with the new dailies?
- Is lifesteal necro still a joke?
- I heard something about a new class (possibly a Shadowknight). Are these just rumors?

I appreciate any and all advice/comments. Thanks!

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

- There are a couple new hearts in Caledon Forest and Plains of Ashford, near the entrance to those zones.
- PvP is undergoing some changes. Solo Q is gone and the matchmaking system is in a test season (and I think it’s going to be reworked, personally). WvW seems the same to me, but I’m no authority on that.
- It’s aesthetic.
- Sorta. Karma got nerfed, but it’s still an active zone for loot farming.
- They’re new! Daily rewards got put towards login rewards, pretty much. You can do any three dailies for 10AP and some daily specific loot.
- When was lifesteal necro a joke? I don’t play necro, but I get owned by them in PvP a lot, so I’ll go with no to this question.
- Rumors.

Welcome back!

edit: grammar

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Other than what’s been said…

- the bltp went with a new look and the programing in the background was changed so it runs better. Also, FILTERING! And gem conversion went through a change, there was backlash, it was fixed, only graph is missing now.

- I believe they buffed life steal necro iirc.

- farm curse shores, or farm silverwastes. Both make good gold if you know how.

Edit: and yes, all rumors on new profession

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Everything since you left can be found here http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/ in detail, great source.

Welcome back!

JQ Druid

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you scroll the map so you can see each area’s name and you mouse over the zone name, it’ll tell you what percentage of that zone you’re completed. That should narrow your haystack down quite a bit.

There’s a POI in Divinities reach, new waypoints in Plains of Ashford, Brisban Wildlands and Snowden Drifts (new POIs there too).

There’s also new hearts in Caledon Forest and Plains of Ashford.

If you can narrow down the zones you don’t have complete it’ll be easier to help you.