Returning Player

Returning Player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

Hello Everyone:

I took a hiatus from GW2 back in March of 2013 after having played through the Beta and into the Launch.
I am curious as to what I should expect. I played a Mesmer, Ele, Necro and Guardian.

I have read in the forums that A.Net gives out account birthday gifts. What do they consist of? I have read about a change to the Trait system.
Any tips or comments are greatly appreciated.

Returning Player

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Welcome back.
I would start by reading this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/wiki/returningplayers
After that we can answer more specific doubts.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Returning Player

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

I’d say you will see many come back or new players (e.g. saw many ~1000 AP players in dungeons, many are first timers), which is very important imo for the game stay vibrant (not just a bunch of old players). The game world and interests are huge (PvE, metaboss event, sPvP, WvW, EotM, crafting), it would be hard to find time to do everything. Just see if for yourself. P.S. Birthday gift is just some boosts and a gun that shoot cakes.

Returning Player

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

To answer the birthday gift question, every character gets a birthday gift once it turns a year and then two years old. Year one contains a mini Queen Jennah, a birthday booster (gives you a 100% boost to magic find, experience, wvw experience, gold from kills, and 10% bonus to spvp reward track progress), and an experience scroll that let you go to level 20 on a low level character.

Year two gives you a birthday blaster, birthday booster, a skill point scroll, and another level 20 scroll.