(Returning Player) still grindy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SaskiaElite.8132

SaskiaElite.8132

Hello,

last time I played level 75+ mobs was dropping 35-55 copper, is this still same?

Only reason I stopped playing GW2 because there’s no any reliable income source in any map. I mean, of course there will be challenge to collect in game currency, but the way I played a year ago was too hard, and I ended up playing with Trading Post prices , as a result I almost lost all my gold. And obviously having around 15g will not help me at all. They also killed all the trains

Thanks in advance

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

I play since release and if you would ask me I would say the longer the game is out the more it got grindy.

So yes, it is still grindy if not even more grindy than when you left before.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It depends on how you play. If you’re depending on straight killing to give you loot, yeah there’s not much gold there. You need to farm nodes, do some crafting, especially the ascended time gated stuff, open chests, salvage, do the meta events in the high level maps to get bags of loot, etc. If you do that 5 – 10 gold a day is a reasonable, not too grindy amount.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

More grindy…….

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

More grindy. Harder to earn gold (dungeons were nerfed). Good places to earn gold via PvE nowadays is: Tequatl (2 gold daily) and fractals.

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Silverwastes are still very profitable; 2-3g per cycle for vinewrath, up to 4g per loop from chest trains if you sell everything (I salvage and keep almost everything). If you’ve got fractal mastery trained, 3g or so from running the daily fractals.

Posted by: SaskiaElite.8132

SaskiaElite.8132

More grindy. Harder to earn gold (dungeons were nerfed). Good places to earn gold via PvE nowadays is: Tequatl (2 gold daily) and fractals.

They keep nerfing things since years as far as I know,

thanks for all answers, no reason to download 25GB then- shame this game deserves better devs if you ask me…nerfing every single thing, removing story content and full focus on pvp is disgusting. I’m a mostly solo player in MMOs, and there’s literally nothing solo in GW2 and also income resources ruined by developers, which forces us to buy Gems. Doesn’t matter, I’m not going to spend a penny to them

thanks again

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

thanks for all answers, no reason to download 25GB then- shame this game deserves better devs if you ask me…nerfing every single thing, removing story content and full focus on pvp is disgusting. I’m a mostly solo player in MMOs, and there’s literally nothing solo in GW2 and also income resources ruined by developers, which forces us to buy Gems. Doesn’t matter, I’m not going to spend a penny to them

thanks again

Um… Maybe you missed the M(assively)M(ultiplayer)O(nline) portion of the genre.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

What grind? I keep hearing people say it’s grindy. Been playing since beta over 3 years ago and have not grinded yet and don’t plan on it and I have more gold then I know what to do with and I keep making more whether I want to or not.

Just a flesh wound.3589

thanks again

I figured you had posted with your mind already made up and would take the salty comments from the people who are annoyed with the game as gospel truth.

Me and my 2 thousand gold from playing the game say bye. (Waves) o/

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

What grind? I keep hearing people say it’s grindy. Been playing since beta over 3 years ago and have not grinded yet and don’t plan on it and I have more gold then I know what to do with and I keep making more whether I want to or not.

how much gold…100? rofl.

but yeah its still grindy, no rewards, nerfed dungeons…you need to play 24/7 to save some gold, or buy gems and convert to gold (f2p).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

thanks again

The opinion of 3 people above you does not constitute fact. May I suggest you wait for a wide array of opinions for before closing up shop?

There have been nerfs and buffs as there are in every MMO ever made and hardly every single thing has been nerffed. Full focus on pvp is just simply not the case. Strong focus yes, but they are seeing a pay off. I might hate pvp, but I hardly blame them for them wanting to put more focus on it.

At no point are you forced to buy gems. For anything. Ever.
The economy is contentious though, but it is entirely possible to make money in the game fairly easily. It’s balancing the mentality between hoarding and selling amongst other things.
In some ways there are improveemnts – legendaries no longer require vast reservoirs of gold since you can craft the precursor. Sure it takes longer and you require a bit of patience, but the requirement to spend gold has been pushed right back.

Is there grind? Yes. Is it essential? No, not quite, but even some of the social grinds are a bit OTT. I think most people will agree on that.

As for removing story content, only LS1 was ever removed. Nothing since and if you left a year ago, nothing has been removed from the story you have already played. The story itself has improved though, despite some issues with length and inconsistency with inclusions of existing lore.

Just a flesh wound.3589

how much gold…100? rofl.

but yeah its still grindy, no rewards, nerfed dungeons…you need to play 24/7 to save some gold, or buy gems and convert to gold (f2p).

I don’t know about PyrateSilly, but I’ve never bought gems to convert to gold.

Off the top of my head

Got to 2000 gold, then the wardrobe came out back then and I spent all I had buying skins. Got back up to 700, spent it on buying a permanent bank access. Then I spent a couple of years crafting ascended weapons and buying ascended trinkets with laurels: opportunity cost for ingots, planks and trinkets is hundreds of gold minimum, perhaps a few thousand. Got up to 3500 gold, spent 2000 plus on dyes when the 3rd birthday dyes came out. Spent 450 gold yesterday on a ghostly infusion. Outfitted 10 chars with exotic armors and originally exotic weapons. Plus whatever other purchases I’ve made.

All that from playing the game over 3 years time, crafting and harvesting. No gems to gold.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

name one MMORPG game that is not grindy
In games like that, there will always be some way to grind for gold.
If you don’t like gridnding, just go and play pvp, events, meta events, event maps etc.
You will get gold from it … no much, but any gold you get from not grinding is nice. But if you need gold for something, SW CF is probbably good way to get gold.

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Posted by: Dvantaman.3617

Dvantaman.3617

First and foremost you do not want to farm gold silver copper etc just through killing 10000000xxxxxxxx Mobs.

There are bunch of other ways of income. You might want to come back.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

You know…..gw2 isn’t that grindy…

if you think gw2 is grindy, you have yet play enough mmorpg

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

how much gold…100? rofl.

Off the top of my head

Got to 2000 gold, then the wardrobe came out back then and I spent all I had buying skins. Got back up to 700, spent it on buying a permanent bank access. Then I spent a couple of years crafting ascended weapons and buying ascended trinkets with laurels: opportunity cost for ingots, planks and trinkets is hundreds of gold minimum, perhaps a few thousand. Got up to 3500 gold, spent 2000 plus on dyes when the 3rd birthday dyes came out. Spent 450 gold yesterday on a ghostly infusion. Outfitted 10 chars with exotic armors and originally exotic weapons. Plus whatever other purchases I’ve made.

All that from playing the game over 3 years time, crafting and harvesting. No gems to gold.

Honestly I have not kept track of all the gold I have had. I have NEVER used gems to convert to gold. Gold is just too easy to make and find in this game. I have given gold to family and friends when they run out and get right back to where I was before within a week. Right now I have almost 300 gold and that’s only because the Lunar New Year just started and I am buying the red envelopes every day.

Just a flesh wound.3589

how much gold…100? rofl.

Off the top of my head

Honestly I have not kept track of all the gold I have had. I have NEVER used gems to convert to gold. Gold is just too easy to make and find in this game. I have given gold to family and friends when they run out and get right back to where I was before within a week. Right now I have almost 300 gold and that’s only because the Lunar New Year just started and I am buying the red envelopes every day.

Ikr. ^^
I’ve spent unknown amounts buying this and that off the trading post. I’ve never kept records of it. I only remember the high points and the low points.

I think some people only want to log in to play, for events or whatever, and that’s fine if that what you want to do. However you’re not going to get gold unless you take some steps to make gold. It’s a virtual WORLD with an economy and like any world you’re going to live in, you have to exert yourself to make gold if you want it. You got to at least grab the nodes you go by and if you sell the raw mats to the highest buyer, that’s gold lost to you. I always convert ore to ingots and logs to planks and then I put it up for sale. I convert all my laurels to T6 mats and sell them (I’ve seen screenshots where people have hundreds of laurels. All that is gold sitting there). If I have time I make targeted farming runs and hit a series of node hot spots. I do my daily ascended crafting. It’s a rare day that I don’t make at least 5 gold.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

thanks again

I figured you had posted with your mind already made up and would take the salty comments from the people who are annoyed with the game as gospel truth.

Me and my 2 thousand gold from playing the game say bye. (Waves) o/

I hear ya, actually don’t know what I want to spend gold on atm. Nothing I want.

Heck, I’m still waiting for my molten GS skin to sell as well XD

Serophous.9085

how much gold…100? rofl.

Off the top of my head

Most my gold is coming from converting mats to higher tiers. Gotta waste those spirit shards somehow

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

On my main account, most of my gold came from crafting and selling legendary weapons. There are plenty of other ways to make gold. You can do the T6 node farm in level 80 maps.

You can level up crafting so you can craft and sell the time-gated T7 mats. At the moment, damask is a loss but it may increase depending on the steps for legendary armor and the backpack. Deldrimor ingots provide you about 3G in profit after taxes and there’s the possible likelihood that that may increase when they release the next batch of legendary weapons and people decide they want it now rather than waiting the 70+ days.

There’s the Silverwastes chest farm although I do not know how it has been since ahoT released.

Until February 9th, you can by the Lucky Envelopes (or whatever they’re called) from the event merchant in DR. You can get up to 16 at 1G a piece. You can either open then for the chance at large profit or sell them on the TP for some profit.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

As others have already mentioned, there are many ways to earn gold but most of them fall into the “grindy” category for me.
Highly monotonous = grindy: node farm, flax farm, wintersday present farm, SW chest farm, mat farm, and other farm.
Moderately monotonous = somewhat grindy: crafting upgraded mat/item for sale.
Bearable monotonous : Daily Teq, daily fractals.
Fun = no profit: HoT meta events.
Dungeons = fun = interaction with 5 ppl = end game = gold —> NERFED…. so sad.

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

There’s nothing grindy about this game.

Posted by: vindictus sigilarum.9468

vindictus sigilarum.9468

No it’s not more grinding, there is so much to do you just need to use some imagination and change things up. Get board running the story line, then go run fractals, or do some spvp/wvw which are two very different beasts in their own right. Got tired of that, do some crafting, while you are at it pick some achievements to do. If you are a returning player and haven’t played through season two, buy the pass and run through the story, it’s pretty good.

Also don’t listen to the naysayers that cry about their gold making abilities going to heck since dungeon rewards got nerfed. Just go run HoT map metas… SOOOOOO much gold! Don’t have HoT, no problem go run Silver Wastes or Dry Top.. the gold intake is still very good. Another alternative is to get on a boss timer site and run the rotation of each boss once a day. You still make a pretty coin.

The game is fun and there is plenty to do so that it doesn’t feel grindy. Grind as much as you feel is necessary to get the achievements, legendaries, titles, backpack unlocks etc. Just don’t burn yourself out as there is no reason to.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Hello,

last time I played level 75+ mobs was dropping 35-55 copper, is this still same?

Only reason I stopped playing GW2 because there’s no any reliable income source in any map. I mean, of course there will be challenge to collect in game currency, but the way I played a year ago was too hard, and I ended up playing with Trading Post prices , as a result I almost lost all my gold. And obviously having around 15g will not help me at all. They also killed all the trains

Thanks in advance

If you just want gold to fall from mobs and think that’s going to make you wealthy, GW2 is not the game for you. Also, the game doesn’t require you to farm gold to equip yourself in a reasonable manner to play it, even in the endgame.

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

Nothing grindy about the game.

To make ascended gear you need billions of resoures + 1/day crafting
To get precursor you need to kill billions of mobs and open billions of bags
To craft legendary you need to farm billions of resoures

BUT there is alternative:

You can buy mats for ascended gear from TP
You can buy precursor from TP (still needeing billions of mats)
You can buy legendary from TP

Problem is those require gold – F LOADS of gold so we are basically back at square one.

Its all about grinding either gold or mats (and no, orange gear ain’t end-game gear)

PLUS hot is one big meta event with everything locked behind timed gate so grinding that is even more grindy.

Personally i hate grind and i ain’t grinding poo – i just play from time to time – and its best way to dose the game in small porions – more fun that way.

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

Double post……….

(edited by Frediosz.2718)

Posted by: vindictus sigilarum.9468

vindictus sigilarum.9468

Nothing grindy about the game.

To make ascended gear you need billions of resoures + 1/day crafting
To get precursor you need to kill billions of mobs and open billions of bags
To craft legendary you need to farm billions of resoures

BUT there is alternative:

You can buy mats for ascended gear from TP
You can buy precursor from TP (still needeing billions of mats)
You can buy legendary from TP

Problem is those require gold – F LOADS of gold so we are basically back at square one.

Its all about grinding either gold or mats (and no, orange gear ain’t end-game gear)

PLUS hot is one big meta event with everything locked behind timed gate so grinding that is even more grindy.

Personally i hate grind and i ain’t grinding poo – i just play from time to time – and its best way to dose the game in small porions – more fun that way.

Your info is dated, by a lot. You can do quests now for the precursors that don’t involve farming “billions” of mobs. Even Ascended gear mats are easily attained these days.

HoT is hardly grinding unless you’ve been farming it and it alone since it was released. In which case the problem is you and you should try one of the plethora of other things the game offers.

Serophous.9085

Let the thread die, the OP made up his mind in 20min. It took 3 people to convince him as well.

This was a hopeless cause to begin with

Posted by: ziggystardust.3721

ziggystardust.3721

Well, been playing this game since launch and this is my first post in forum. If you think this game is grindy, you have never played grindy games. Fractals are giving great rewards, then you have Silverwastes, TP…crafting…man, so many ways to make gold! Another thing, just play and enjoy, you won’t get legendary weapons in a week, you need to earn then, however you don’t have to spend a lot of time ingame…just have your target. In PVE it’s easy to make money, you can also play sPVP and get rewards, plus you don’t have to run ascended there and can enjoy fight straight from your level 1. It would be more difficult in WvW, but…there are many ways and many options. grindy? Seriously? Fractals now more rewarding than dungeons before…but yeah, you have to be ready for them.