Returning player

Returning player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Apotheosis.3786

Apotheosis.3786

Hello. I would like to try to play GW2 again. I quit early on because there wasn’t enough content end game for me, and I would like to see how this has changed. I have tried coming back a couple times in the past, but my character was in Lion’s Arch which was destroyed. Both times I just couldn’t figure out what to do/where to go without the main hub so I just gave up. Did they rebuild Lion’s Arch yet so I can have a little room to get back on my feet? If not, did they make a new central hub yet? Both times I tried to return I couldn’t find any evidence of a central hub. It is really awful trying to return when everything is so different you may as well create a new character for scratch and delete all your 80s. I’m not sure what they were thinking.

Returning player

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They moved the central hub in LA. Look towards the north. You’ll see the pink swirls on the big map that show the location of the portals.

What level is your char? If it’s not a brand new char you should be able to scroll outwards on the big map and see the waypoints your char already has in the various maps.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Returning player

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Lion’s Arch should have been made an adventuring map with bandit, Risen and Aether remnants to fight. It was a cesspit before and still one now. The only there that isn’t anywhere else is the mystic forge. I have no idea why you (or anyone else) places so much importance on the place.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Returning player

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well yes, LA is more like the central hub now again but I myself are rarely in LA I rather be in DR or Rata Sum than LA :P I can’t understand how LA can be so important for your gaming experience… It’s just a place like everything else, just don’t see it as a main hub and do not try to find any.

And I am sorry if I am rude but I can’t iether understand how you can say that GW2 didn’t have enough content when you get lost without a main hub.

Stuff I do atm (And I have been playing since head start):
- Silverwastes.
- Some World Bosses with my guild.
- Guild Missions with my guild (Ofc).
- Dungeons.
- Fractals.
- Unranked PvP.
- WvW with my guild.
- Leveling new Characters together with my newly introduced to GW2 friends.

There isn’t mutch new things since you left to do so if Silverwastes is the only “new” thing in my list …. Well too bad.

But there are more stuff to do as a player who havent played for a while. There is the whole Season 2 of Living Story of 8 Episodes, it will cost you 200 Gems for each episode if you didnt log in during the updates of each episode but 200Gems is a small price and a nice goal to aim for to unlock with ingame gold. The living story is nice and gives you okay rewards and some Achievement points if you like that. And there is 2 new maps, Dry top and Silverwastes that is nice maps to farm loot and stuff if you are in to that and a good amount of achievment there too.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Returning player

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

So u cant play game cause your afk spot changed its look a little?Christ…

Returning player

Posted by: PyroRobby.1987

PyroRobby.1987

My return here recently, the suggestion to start a new character was a good one. Though I have a level 80 necro, relearning all the skills, traits, map, crafting, locations … etc. It is just easier to start a new character and experience it all from the beginning again.

For me, I just bought another character slot and started a Ranger, as I hadn’t ever made or played a Ranger. They are not so complicated and move quickly through the content. My Ranger now has made it to 70, just after playing 2 weeks. This week I am fairly sure I will hit 80. Zero dungeons have I run and haven’t joined any guild yet either. All solo play so far and that has gone just fine.

My return was the same though, didn’t know my way around. It surprises me though the replies you are getting are jumping to conclusions about “your afk spot”. I didn’t read where you said anything other that where you logged off last is confusing now because it has all changed. When I logged out last time it was in Lions Arch as well. That is where i liked to craft and hit the auction and it was central to the map. Returning I couldn’t find anything either.

Just start a new character and look for the spyglass icon and heart icons on the map, press “M” for map. Those will tell you where you have and have not been, what level the area is and where to pick up quest not yet done. It has been rather enjoyable returning and folks have treated me well.

Returning player

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

My return here recently, the suggestion to start a new character was a good one. Though I have a level 80 necro, relearning all the skills, traits, map, crafting, locations … etc. It is just easier to start a new character and experience it all from the beginning again.

For me, I just bought another character slot and started a Ranger, as I hadn’t ever made or played a Ranger. They are not so complicated and move quickly through the content. My Ranger now has made it to 70, just after playing 2 weeks. This week I am fairly sure I will hit 80. Zero dungeons have I run and haven’t joined any guild yet either. All solo play so far and that has gone just fine.

My return was the same though, didn’t know my way around. It surprises me though the replies you are getting are jumping to conclusions about “your afk spot”. I didn’t read where you said anything other that where you logged off last is confusing now because it has all changed. When I logged out last time it was in Lions Arch as well. That is where i liked to craft and hit the auction and it was central to the map. Returning I couldn’t find anything either.

Just start a new character and look for the spyglass icon and heart icons on the map, press “M” for map. Those will tell you where you have and have not been, what level the area is and where to pick up quest not yet done. It has been rather enjoyable returning and folks have treated me well.

Umm… I can only see one saying ’ “your afk spot” ’ and I only wondered how the destruction of one single place could confuse a player (whom have played the game enough to not find anything more to do in it) so much that he/she can’t manage to keep on playing. I can understand if there so much changes in the game that starting a new character is necessary but how one place (as OP calls the Main Hub) is destroyed makes you confused and you can’t find your way to continue… My advice is then, go north then you end up in a land that is unchanged and from there I guess you can find your way.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Returning player

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I use LA all the time just because I can travel there for free via the PvP lobby.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong