Returning player.... Questions about PvE...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raserei.8361

Raserei.8361

I quit a while back because I am not a PvP player. I only PvE and it seemed to be lacking. Sure, there are a few dungeons, dynamic quests, ect…. I think the biggest let-down for me was the lack of items. They were all the same…. Whether I found a rare armor or a legendary armor, they both had the same stats.

I just really don’t like the item system. I also don’t like that at level 80, it feels like there is nothing to work toward.

Games like Everquest, DAoC, The Realm, WoW, Aion, Everquest 2, lit goes on….. All the traditional MMORPG’s had a ton of loot with stats end game. If I worked toward a very rare sword, it was worth it because it was powerful. In Guild Wars 2, there really isn’t anything great to work towards. It’s all cosmetic.

So as a long time MMORPG player and PvE’er, I just feel like it’s lacking.

Have they changed any of this? Did they add items to work toward that are powerful or is it the same cosmetic loot grind?

Posted by: GlobalSwag.8034

GlobalSwag.8034

Nope. I just came back as well around a week ago. I have 2 level 80’s with nothing to do. TPvP is dead. Grinding for hours for a useless cosmetic legendary to boost nerd ego is dumb. Quitting again today.

Raserei.8361

Thanks, that is what I figured.

I wish developers took the traditional MMO like EQ, DAoC, WoW… ect….. and then added all these new technologies to it.

Dynamic quests are great and the economy in GW2 is very fun. You can farm in-game currency and trade it for cash shop currency, that is amazing. I just feel it falls flat on it’s face with the item system. Wayyyy to simple for an RPG for me.

GlobalSwag.8034

Yeah…fact of the matter is..once you hit 80 and grind money for 2-3 days you have your full exotic set. Then what? Continue…grinding…for cosmetic reasons only..hey im not a chick maybe my girl would like this game. I have two 80’s at that, and theres no way im gonna level like that again especially when all the zones are dead as hell. Good aspects, failed game overall. Hell, even doing spvp is useless since it benefits you 0% in pve. Zzzz

Posted by: Mercucial.6759

Mercucial.6759

Ummm they added ascended gear which has higher stats than exotics.

Sooooooo yeah they did.

The game is far from dead most servers are full and I regularly get put in overflow, and I’ve been leveling an alt and I run into a kittenload of people in lower level zones. If you’re into the whole gear treadmill you can run fractals which are basically mini dungeons that get harder each level you go up and they also eventually give ascended gear which is currently the highest stat gear in the game.

But if you’re bored with the game go play something else. You can always come back and check a couple months from now if they’ve added something you like.

(edited by Mercucial.6759)

GlobalSwag.8034

Sooooooo yeah they did.

You mean ascended rings and back pieces which are really only beneficial if your gonna grind fractals dungeon over and over which is mind numbing and dumb as hell. Also non rewarding, you get gold for doing fotm but whats there to do with the gold then? Nothing

Raserei.8361

Ascended gear?

Well, are dungeons still broken hard? Last I checked, monsters 2 shot you and there is no tank or healer class. Did they rebalance dungeons yet?

Mercucial.6759

Sooooooo yeah they did.

You mean ascended rings and back pieces which are really only beneficial if your gonna grind fractals dungeon over and over which is mind numbing and dumb as hell. Also non rewarding, you get gold for doing fotm but whats there to do with the gold then? Nothing

Lol ok so don’t play? What’s the issue.

Mercucial.6759

Ascended gear?

Well, are dungeons still broken hard? Last I checked, monsters 2 shot you and there is no tank or healer class. Did they rebalance dungeons yet?

They didn’t really rebalance dungeons but people are more familiar with the mechanics and for the most part explorable modes are pretty easy with people who know the fights. There are still some paths people don’t run because it’s just not worth the time and effort compared to the reward you get.

Just play the game and if you still don’t like it oh well. They plan on adding content on a monthly basis so just come back and check sometime later.

Also this link has a quick explanation of ascended gear. http://www.curse.com/news/guild-wars-2/46999-guild-wars-2s-the-lost-shores-ascended-gear

For me the fotm dungeons are some of the most fun dungeons I’ve played in an MMO yet. There’s still some issues but for the most part they are pretty enjoyable.

(edited by Mercucial.6759)

GlobalSwag.8034

Save yourself the time and dont play this pos game for another month or two, check in later see if they improved it. Good luck cya

Mercucial.6759

Although as you can tell the community has gotten pretty bad, mostly on the forums though. The in game community is still pretty nice and helpful, at least on my server.

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

Jeez, how are people STILL so misinformed.. This game was never meant to have endgame like WoW’s or Evequest’s (Hence the hate on a very small stat boost from ascended gear).

Don’t try and make it out to be a flaw, It’s simply just a different style of endgame, I for one prefer an optional cosmetic grind over a required stat grind.

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

Ascended gear?

this basicly sums it up that you don’t belong at gw2,
theres no trinity, and dodging tend to help at bosses, trash mobs cant even 4 hit you

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”