Returning player, what to do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Hey GW2’rs

I’ve been away for a good 6 months and just started logging in.

What needs doing on a daily/weekly basis?

What currently are important items/currencies to look for?

What do I need to do to progress my toons, I’ve got some ascended weapons but not much equipment.

Basically looking for a refresher.

Mostly concerned with PvE Dungeons and WvW.

Much appreciated,

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

For dungeons the only change was the nerf on fiery greatsword, so no more rushing against a wall to do a ton of damage. Rangers got buffed, necros are still trash, warriors got nerfed a bit, ANet devs said in a interview that there aren’t any plans of making new dungeons or hardmode or anything dungeon related, and thats it at least for dungeons ^^

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Hopefully you are not an altaholic. If so, then I apologize profusely.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Actually, let me be a little more specific for you: If you’ve been gone for 6 months, that means you remember a time when you could unlock your traits to the tune of roughly 3gp. This is not the case anymore and there is a 51 page post here in this area of the forums outlining this change that occurred back in April.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Good meant suggestion: turn back while you can. In these 6 months more things have been removed, nerfed, fixed until its broken than new content has been brought in. Starting zones dumped down, many lore technical things that you loved have been removed, trait system messed up, no major permanent content, leveling alts is a pain in the kitten now and the servers are lagging like hell. And these things are just some of the ones you missed.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Don’t let some of the responses get you down. There are indeed people dissatisfied with the game, and a lot of people satisfied as well. The problem is, everyone has their own special area of interest and if they don’t get the attention they think they deserve, then the game sucks…for them.

They’re right that the new trait system is a pain, however, it doesn’t affect characters created before April 15 and changes will be made to it.

But plenty of people are still playing and having fun…particularly if they’re not hard core about their experience.

They’ve added some stuff to WvW. Commander tags are now account bound and have new colors. There are new specializations since you last played, so make sure to check them. Also make sure you have traits, since they may have been reset.

In the new system one trait point is like five of the old ones, so you might think you have less points. But you get the same number of traits on an 80.

Also WvW Xp is now account bound.

Hope that helps a bit.

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Thanks for the responses.

I hopped back into wvw and had some fun this weekend.

Are they really not adding any more dungeon content? Are they working on an xpack or something?

Thanks much

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Are they working on an xpack or something?

As I understand it, it’s their policy to not tell us what they are working on because we might be upset if they go for an extended period of time without mentioning it again or they decide against actually delivering it.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

They are currently working on the living story. While some of the feature changes have aggravated much of the forum goers into lividity, there’s still some nice content to do.

If you havent, do the first portion of the living story in your journal. a new dragon woke up after scarlet got dropped.

theres a WVW tourney now, obviously, and Blood and Madness will be returning in october.

There’s also a new armor set if you don’t mind pvp, a new zone, new weapon skins, new backpieces that take ages to make, and many new achievements.

Dungeons have not been updated, but there are achievements for collecting all the dungeon items, so theres tiny incentive to do the ones already out.

If all of that takes you > a month, the Living story will pick up on November.

Have fun. If you need a party for any content, I’m available in the evenings.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.