Returning to GW2

Returning to GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Slive.9053

Slive.9053

Hello!

My PC has been out of commission for a little over a year, but I’ve finally got it up and running again.

I was wondering if a kind person would provide brief summary of what has happened in Tyria in the past year or so, and any other major changes to the game… And perhaps recommendations for what to do first when the game is finished installing!

Thanks!

Returning to GW2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Returning to GW2

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

It depends if you have a lvl 80 or not.

If you do, you can always do living story season 2 chapters, although you’ll need to purchase them with gems. If you don’t want to do that, you can do Silverwastes. Just look online to see how to do it. That’s currently the latest “endgame” for gw2 pve, or you can always do older content too.

Returning to GW2

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Lion’s Arch got destroyed, twice, once when Scarlet invaded and once more when she was defeated and her drill exploded. It’s taken the better part of the year before reconstruction started.

The Zephyrites came to the area again and when they left calamity befell them and they crashed into Living Story 2. In LS2 we start to see the affects of what Scarlet was up to including what drove her. Living Story 2 is replayable but if you weren’t around it will cost you gems to unlock. There is a bargain package deal in the gem shop that unlocks any story chapter you don’t have at a 20% discount.

A fleet was built to go after the big bad Dragon the Scarlet awoke, we discovered a big terrible secret that I won’t reveal here and the fleet crashed into the expansion.

The End.

As to the game itself, there were two feature packs which radically changed the player leveling experience and traits. That wasn’t received to well. They also reworked the trading post and revamped the skin system with slightly better fanfare. I don’t remember when it happened but ascended weapons and armors were introduced, they are a bit of a time sink and those crafting skills got bumped up to level 500.

Also the personal story got revamped and partially broken, to be cleaned up by the time the expansion gets released (or maybe before). And another pass is being made on the trait system to “fix” some of the issues that the last change made and is reported to be released before the expansion.

Lastly the daily/monthly rewards got revamped to daily/login rewards with laurels being a login reward and completion of 3 dailies giving you 10 AP while individual dailies give you a variety of minor rewards depending.

Oops forgot, WvW is no longer needed for World Completion.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Returning to GW2

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Welcome back, the game is great. Just came back 2 months ago and took some friends with me, so far we’ve been having a blast!

It seems alot has changed, i’m sure somewhere on these forums you’ll find what
Good luck

Returning to GW2

Posted by: Huggywuggles.2814

Huggywuggles.2814

Welcome back, the game is great. Just came back 2 months ago and took some friends with me, so far we’ve been having a blast!

It seems alot has changed, i’m sure somewhere on these forums you’ll find what
Good luck

I’m much newer than you but am trying like crazy to get more people I know to play. There is a lot changing (or so I’ve heard) but if there’s nothing else I can say, a persistent, ever evolving game world is the one in which I want to play!

I am a Juicebox Hero. I poke straws in Risen Eyes.