Rev.. Something scares me.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

The Rev looks amazing… but… for wvw/pvp In group play it really looks way under par “so far”

Axe/Mace – doesnt look like it has alot of damage.
Hammer – does like can do damage but Looks slow/clucky
Traits – No modifiers so far that helps damage

I know PvE isnt all about damage.. but honestly it is. In dungeons I want fast dps runs, When mapping I dont want to spend 45min killing heart quest guys b.c I have low dps.

Im just alittle worried it might go the way of the mesmer/necro, has alot of good/cool concepts, but in practice other classes does the same but at the same time puts of more damage.

I know not everything is revealed yet, and Will still be faithful to this amazing class until everything is open up for us to truly see.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

That calms me more than anything. WvW/PvP balance can be very delicate. I’d hate to see 8 revenants for every 10 players because its OP and new meta. Being in same position as the necro and mesmer would be desireable.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

pretty sure the dev guy had really bad gear, like magi or something

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

I doubt Jon was using zerker gear, so I can assume that’s not the damage you’ll be doing with a glass cannon build. The class isn’t finished either, so it’s possible the damage will be tweaked anyway.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Or wait for sword mainhand, the true damage weapon?

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Revenant would be insanely OP in WvW

Drop the hammer: 2 sec kd /1200 range/ 5 target/ radius 240 / CD 15
Plus the stability nerf, I can already see a train of Revenant killing everyone in WvW with Greathammer. (20+ longest range AOE kd ftw)

Field of Mist
ONLY 12 secs CD, 6 secs duration, MOBILE infinite projectiles block to EVERYONE behind you. Most OP projectiles block ever.

Faux.1937

Im not talking Straight DPS, Im talking about The 3 traits lines we’ve seen so far and the Modifiers they can have like…

10% damage vs Condi foes, 5% more hammer damage, Mace skills recharge faster etc…

Out of the 3 trait lines that have been “shown” there isnt traits like this.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The Revenant is complete OP to begin with…

Skills with very powerful Effects with way too short Cool Downs, wherefore all other professions have to use a Trait to get the Cool Downs reduced by 20% to get near to that short CD’s Revs don’t seem to need such a trait for that …

Traits that are just totally OP, like Stability and Retalitation on Dodge Rolls … compared to alot of super terrible weak and useless traits of the other Professions, where alot of them belong finally merged to make space for more useful Traits.

Elite Skills on no Cool Downs!!! Wtf, where all other Classes have liek to wait freaking 180-240 seconds or so until they can use again an elite, revs just need to wait some stupid seconds until their Energy Bar is high enough again (by seeing how fast Energy refills for them…)
If ANet ever wants after the implemention of the Rev to keep a balanced game, Anet will have absolutely to reduce drastically all cooldown times from all other professions.
Yes, that would lead to a more fast paced overall game, but also to more intense and fun battles. There should be imo no single elite skill in GW2 with a higher Cool Down than 90 to 120 seconds.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Im not talking Straight DPS, Im talking about The 3 traits lines we’ve seen so far and the Modifiers they can have like…

10% damage vs Condi foes, 5% more hammer damage, Mace skills recharge faster etc…

Out of the 3 trait lines that have been “shown” there isnt traits like this.

Intented? Maybe moving away from damage focus, all upcoming released/unreleased changes seems to point a different ways on all 3 modes which is a good thing. Makes sense to me but CD reduction on weapons is always there.

Other classes will get rework eventually.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Faux.1937

Skills with very powerful Effects with way too short Cool Downs, wherefore all other professions have to use a Trait to get the Cool Downs reduced by 20% to get near to that short CD’s Revs don’t seem to need such a trait for that …

Traits that are just totally OP, like Stability and Retalitation on Dodge Rolls … compared to alot of super terrible weak and useless traits of the other Professions, where alot of them belong finally merged to make space for more useful Traits.

Elite Skills on no Cool Downs!!! Wtf, where all other Classes have liek to wait freaking 180-240 seconds or so until they can use again an elite, revs just need to wait some stupid seconds until their Energy Bar is high enough again (by seeing how fast Energy refills for them…)
If ANet ever wants after the implemention of the Rev to keep a balanced game, Anet will have absolutely to reduce drastically all cooldown times from all other professions.
Yes, that would lead to a more fast paced overall game, but also to more intense and fun battles. There should be imo no single elite skill in GW2 with a higher Cool Down than 90 to 120 seconds.

But alot that your talking about doesnt effect many PvE open content/dungeons/fotm.

Th Elite with almost no CD isnt anything good unless it actually helps you… so Far it doesnt seem to really do much for PvE.

Retal doesnt hurt anything in PvE basically.

Stability isnt strong on dodge, a very well timed dodge to not get CC is no different than a dodge to.. well not get CC b.c you dodged it…….. and if you dodged a powerful attack that stab still will only last a few sec, i pvp just wait that 1-3 sec to CC them….

Thief doesnt have CD’s on weapons skills and at the Start of the game many players said the same thing "No CD’s thats OP #omgThiefOpPlzNerf and we see that spaming isnt always a good thing and only works with bad players vs bad players.

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

But alot that your talking about doesnt effect many PvE open content/dungeons/fotm.

Th Elite with almost no CD isnt anything good unless it actually helps you… so Far it doesnt seem to really do much for PvE.

Stability isnt strong on dodge, a very well timed dodge to not get CC is no different than a dodge to.. well not get CC b.c you dodged it……..

Thief doesnt have CD’s on weapons skills and at the Start of the game many players said the same thing "No CD’s thats OP #omgThiefOpPlzNerf and we see that spaming isnt always a good thing and only works with bad players vs bad players.

Stability on dodge is strong. Very strong.
Basically you can secure a healing or crucial skill usage after dodging, that’s a big deal.
Plus you don’t have to pick a trait, it’s just master minor!
The most reliable and shortest CD stability in the whole game.

Not to mention they haven’t showcase the physical / offensive type of legend yet. There’s not a single class which doesn’t has both condition and raw meelee type damage so far, and this is what Revenant currently lacks. Because of that, physical raw damage weapon like maybe 1-h sword would very likely be on the weapon choice too.

Added note: Thief is insanely OP at launch, that Anet has to nerf it SO MANY TIMES to keep it balanced. It is considered the most broken class at the first few months of GW2 launch.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Faux.1937

Stability isnt strong on dodge, a very well timed dodge to not get CC is no different than a dodge to.. well not get CC b.c you dodged it……..

Stability on dodge is strong. Very strong.
Basically you can secure a healing or crucial skill usage after dodging, that’s a big deal.
Plus you don’t have to pick a trait, it’s just master minor!
The most reliable and shortest CD stability in the whole game.

Not to mention they haven’t showcase the physical / offensive type of legend yet, and physical raw damage weapon like maybe 1-h sword. I don’t think Revenant will get no damage boosting trait at all.

Added note: Thief is insanely OP at launch, that Anet has to nerf it SO MANY TIMES to keep it balanced. It is considered the most broken class at the first few months of GW2 launch.

Topic has NOTHING … I repeat NOTHING to do with PVP or WVW.. its about OPEN WORLD PVE.

A 1-2 stab on dodge isnt OP for PvE at all… it can stop 1 CC if you really time you dodge to a boss, but at that point that will make the Game feel better for skilled players…. Mesmer Sword 2, thief sword 3, guard aegis can all be time to stop attack too.

I dont care about wvw/pvp, I already know the Rev is strong in these parts…

Im scare its going to be weak in PvE… I dont want another Necro/mesmer for PvE I dont want a class that is out played b.c it has many good things that means nothing to a team in PvE and other classes can do what it does with more damage.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I doubt Jon was using zerker gear, so I can assume that’s not the damage you’ll be doing with a glass cannon build. The class isn’t finished either, so it’s possible the damage will be tweaked anyway.

In the POI Jon had around 1300 power and 180 crit dmg while using hammer. So my guess is that hammer 1 will do similiar damage to ranger lb 1.

Also he looked far from being OP, but some cant see anything behind marketing stuff. Its obvious they will make it look strong cus $$$

Faux.1937

In the POI Jon had around 1300 power and 180 crit dmg while using hammer. So my guess is that hammer 1 will do similiar damage to ranger lb 1.

Also he looked far from being OP, but some cant see anything behind marketing stuff. Its obvious they will make it look strong cus $$$

But I wasnt talking about the damage in Video, I was talking about Traits and current weapon sets alone..

The hammer Tool Tips showed a Ok damage actually, but then when swap to Mace.. the mace tool tips was 1/4 the damage with condi (meaning its a condi damage weapon set, and thats ok, every class has one).

Then no traits (of the 3 revealed to us) has any modifiers good for PvE damage.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

But I wasnt talking about the damage in Video, I was talking about Traits and current weapon sets alone..

The hammer Tool Tips showed a Ok damage actually, but then when swap to Mace.. the mace tool tips was 1/4 the damage with condi (meaning its a condi damage weapon set, and thats ok, every class has one).

Then no traits (of the 3 revealed to us) has any modifiers good for PvE damage.

You dont need traits if the base damage is actually high. On top of that they showed up olny professions line, defense line and condition line. They dindt show us yet dps and support lines so calm down. Personally i hate passive boosting wep traits as weapons itself feels incomplete without them and i hope they wont add them to revenant.

Id rathen have utility ones like what they showed us and that should apply to every class out here. Lets get rid of this nonsense +10% dmg on gs skills etc. its lame desing

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The revenant is a versatile profession designed to switch roles and alter the pace of the game.

It’s like having a sword that can shoot bullets. If one function doesn’t work, you can try the other.

[…]
Thief doesnt have CD’s on weapons skills […]

That’s still a mistake, and still needs to be fixed. They don’t need medium or long recharges like other professions, but they still need some recharges.

Not just to prevent spamming, but to make them work more smoothly.

For example, thief’s Headshot should have at least 3 seconds recharge so each stun is timed instead spammed, and Disabling Shot at least 1/4 a second recharge so you can’t activate it twice accidentally so easily.

Very, very shorts recharges, and in only a few of their weapon skills, but they still need to have recharges as a choice. Taking recharges out of the table for their weapon skills was a mistake that limits balance choices.

Sometimes a skill could be fixed with a mere +2 second recharge, instead losing damage or getting a higher initiative cost that may damage more builds that were not overpowered just because one build that was too much abused some skills.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Faux.1937

The revenant is a versatile profession designed to switch roles and alter the pace of the game.

It’s like having a sword that can shoot bullets. If one function doesn’t work, you can try the other.

[…]
Thief doesnt have CD’s on weapons skills […]

That’s still a mistake, and still needs to be fixed. They don’t need medium or long recharges like other professions, but they still need some recharges.

Not just to prevent spamming, but to make them work more smoothly.

For example, thief’s Headshot should have at least 3 seconds recharge so each stun is timed instead spammed, and Disabling Shot at least 1/4 a second recharge so you can’t activate it twice accidentally so easily.

Very, very shorts recharges, and in only a few of their weapon skills, but they still need to have recharges as a choice. Taking recharges out of the table for their weapon skills was a mistake that limits balance choices.

Sometimes a skill could be fixed with a mere +2 second recharge, instead losing damage or getting a higher initiative cost that may damage more builds that were not overpowered just because one build that was too much abused some skills.

I completely disagree I love thief due to the no CD’s I love the play style and it is not OP at all, Look at top PvP, youu dont see many thieves at all.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

at a moment on the POI you can look at the stats he got. He got 768 Healing power and almost the same goes for condition damage from it’s gear/trait. We also saw that he had emerald jewels (knight stats) and celestial weapon. Also he had a pretty high HP for a medium HP classe.

This can only mean that he was wearing shaman gear on it’s toon (Vit/healing power/condition damage).

All together it was a pretty terrible setup if they wanted to show amazing dps. It was like hiting with absolutely no firepower…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)