Revealed and PVE

Revealed and PVE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Over the past year or so A-net has been adding the revealed affect to many profession skills. Revealed makes it so that the target affected by the buff cannot stealth and if they are already stealthed they will be come unstealthed. This works fine in the pvp game modes, however in there are many PVE enemies that do stealth and from what I have tested they use a different kind of stealth which is not affected by revealed. Some enemies that I have tested this on with herald’s gaze of darkness and have been unable to reveal were:

Stalkers
Skelk
Mossman
Stealthed mordrem snipers

This should be changed, since it is silly that the tooltips still show that the skills should reveal when they simply don’t in these instances.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Revealed and PVE

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What annoys me is the opposite: somehow I get revealed, especially in Bitterfrost, and can’t stealth while gliding away. Those griffins have superb senses, I guess.

Revealed and PVE

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If it doesnt work in PvE I’m pretty sure its the same kind of stealth because it doesnt work in WvW either.

Revealed doesnt do anything at all if the target isnt stealthed and if someone is revealed from stealth they just stealth again the next second.

Revealed and PVE

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

@op, I guess it works that way to make the “stealth reveal” mastery desirable.

Revealed doesnt do anything at all if the target isnt stealthed and if someone is revealed from stealth they just stealth again the next second.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

Please read this, then use a thief/ranger/mesmer “stealth” build for yourself. Revealed, if used correctly, can REALLY ruin someone’s day.

Revealed and PVE

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The mordrem snipers’ is probably different since that can be bypassed with the stealth detection mastery.

Revealed and PVE

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

Please read this, then use a thief/ranger/mesmer “stealth” build for yourself. Revealed, if used correctly, can REALLY ruin someone’s day.

Hahahaha… oh boy that only confirm its broken, because the timings doesnt match. No wonder they pretty much instantly stealth again. I play engineer and when I reveal someone for 6 seconds (according to the skill) apparently they only get revealed for a lousy 3 seconds. If you count 1-2s reaction time (a good thief will already be at 2000 range by this point) that pretty much means smoke+leap and they are gone again the next second.

Reveal only ruins the day of morons that drop shadow refuge in the middle of battle and go “hurrrdurrr I’ll just stand in the center and go get a cup of coffee, no one can see me!!!!”.

Revealed and PVE

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

What annoys me is the opposite: somehow I get revealed, especially in Bitterfrost, and can’t stealth while gliding away. Those griffins have superb senses, I guess.

Starting gliding and landing both reveal you for a short time, possibly so you can’t use stealth from the mastery on the ground. Maybe that happened?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Revealed and PVE

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nope, that mastery doesn’t work for anything in core.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November