Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 120
Range: 900

Crossfire
Damage: 147
Bleeding (3s): 66 Damage
Bleeding (1½s): 33 Damage
Range: 900

Note: 3 second bleeding (66 damage) is only when target is not facing you, which is hard to do in pvp, for example, or some boss fights where boss is constantly change direction, so you are stuck with 1,5 sec bleeding for 33 damage.

I am missing something?

Revenant and ranger bleed attacks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

So? One skill is stronger than the other, what an unprecedented development.

Posted by: Bratec.7136

Bratec.7136

Its auto-attack skill for short-bow (for both classes), one that is used most time – since other skills have cd’s on them.

Why melee class (Revenant) have better “1” skill than class like Ranger for his short-bow?

I am not complaing, i am trying to understand reason.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well you’d have to consider traits, utilities and the other shortbow skills and other weapon skills. An actual build is not a single skill after all.

Also, the revenant skill has a half second cast time so it’s a slower weapon than the ranger one.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Why melee class (Revenant) have better “1” skill than class like Ranger for his short-bow?

There’s no such thing as a “melee” class or a “ranged” class in GW2. And even then, Revenant already had Hammer as a very strong ranged option, so what exactly is “melee” about it?

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

Ranger’s AA damage is weapon AA + Pet AA so.. makes sense.

Bratec.7136

Well you’d have to consider traits, utilities and the other shortbow skills and other weapon skills. An actual build is not a single skill after all.

Also, the revenant skill has a half second cast time so it’s a slower weapon than the ranger one.

Ranger activation time is half-second too. So it is same speed.

Bratec.7136

Also, both Ranger and Revenant gets +condition dmg increase, though for Ranger it is only Bleed, while Revenant has bleed AND also free +20% condition dmg (Kalla).

Pifil.5193

Ranger activation time is half-second too. So it is same speed.

Activation and cast time are kinda different though. Check the links you provided and you’ll see it’s instant, it has no cast time. You click the button and an arrow comes out instantly whereas the revenant short bow has a 1/2 second cast time. As in you click the button, you start to cast and then half a second later an arrow comes out. A cast bar means it can be interrupted easily.
Ranger shortbow also has a slightly faster rate of fire too.

Anyway, as I said already an actual build is not a single skill. Focussing on a single skill is pointless.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

You have to factor the pet in for the ranger’s auto attack, and I’d bet money that Crossfire has a shorter aftercast and therefore a faster rate of fire. Activation speed doesn’t matter as much for autoattacks as the aftercast delay, which isn’t factored in.

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

The renegade sb 1 is actually a combination of ranger’s pierce trait and engi’s pistol 1 explosion on contact.

So… should we cry power creep?

Pifil.5193

The renegade sb 1 is actually a combination of ranger’s pierce trait and engi’s pistol 1 explosion on contact.

So… should we cry power creep?

Renegade shortbow one is basically a slightly worse version of engineer’s pistol one. It does slightly less damage and has a shorter bleed.

I dunno where the ranger’s pierce trait comes into this.

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

What exactly is the point of this post? I’m really trying to understand. Why are you randomly listing similar attacks between two different professions that have exactly nothing to do with each other? All skills are balanced withing their own profession. Is that hard to understand or something?

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

What exactly is the point of this post? I’m really trying to understand. Why are you randomly listing similar attacks between two different professions that have exactly nothing to do with each other? All skills are balanced withing their own profession. Is that hard to understand or something?

He thinks because the Ranger is a Bow Class, it should have stronger bow attacks. But yes….. he hasn’t taken into account the 100 other things that determine damage in this game.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Testing them both with the exact same gear and their ideal condition builds, ranger comes out on top against a single target by a mile, even when not taking advantage of the facing mechanic. The Revenants only advantages are having much more AoE, and having access to torment and confusion as cover conditions from other weapons/legends.

(edited by Conncept.7638)