Revert the patch for Kormir's sake!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Every 3 seconds Im coming out with a phrase, usually from another species and race, even sometimes phrases from Mad King Thorn. Its absolutely crazy.

Along with passive pets attacking and active ones not doing so, enormous raise in ping and drop in FPS as well as all the other problems, the camera patch has obviously affected some core code and no mistake.

Posted by: Kaosbringer.2078

Kaosbringer.2078

Every 3 seconds Im coming out with a phrase, usually from another species and race, even sometimes phrases from Mad King Thorn. Its absolutely crazy.

Along with passive pets attacking and active ones not doing so, enormous raise in ping and drop in FPS as well as all the other problems, the camera patch has obviously affected some core code and no mistake.

Whoa wait.. is that why i kept hearing female asura voices playing my male asura? I thought i was just next to people at first but then it became kind of strange hearing it when i was the only one in my PS with no npc’s around.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think it’s hilarious! I spent some time just standing in Queensdale watching my female human’s face. Her lips moved with the phrases, no matter what race/gender/profession was uttering them.

I’m hoping someone does a video pastiche of their character shouting inappropriately. My favorite so far has been my above mentioned female human mesmer shouting, still in a female voice, “FOR THE IMPERATOR!”

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

But Kormir was probably involved with the patch in the first place.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

My favorite so far has been my above mentioned female human mesmer shouting, still in a female voice, “FOR THE IMPERATOR!”

Now that’s progressive.

Attachments:

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

Yeah, no. Especially since they’re already, rather quickly, rectified many issues brought on by the patch, and they’re going to have to work out the remaining issues anyway, there’s no viable reason to roll back the patch. The only thing such a move would accomplish would be to risk database corruption and cause mass player confusion, as well as eat additional player time and bandwidth.

Just chalk this up to The Mad King breaking free a little early and cursing the world with a minor case of dissociative identity disorder, painting our tongues green, and paying our pets to be rebellious for a few days.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

My ping and FPS seems fine. The shouts I believe are coming from other people on the map

Attachments:

(edited by simplesimon.2084)

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

My ping and FPS seems fine. The shouts I believe are coming from other people on the map

Nope. There was a whole bunch of people in LA yesterday all shouting ‘Yarr’ in a male human voice for about 10 minutes.

My traceroute to the US server where I play says 134-144. In game it is 170+.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

What? An audio bug continues?

SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Nope. There was a whole bunch of people in LA yesterday all shouting ‘Yarr’ in a male human voice for about 10 minutes.

My traceroute to the US server where I play says 134-144. In game it is 170+.

You are neglecting to consider than a traceroute pings A LOT less data than the game would actually be exchanging…
Also APRIL FOOLS EVERYBODY! I find it funny…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Only had issues with the guild chat not working, whispering not working and random shouts. A few minor bugs, but most seem to be fixed now.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

These bugs are not game breaking, so I see no need at all to roll back the patch. Even something as annoying as guild chat not working properly is not worth rolling it back.

They will get these things fixed, they always do and pretty quickly too in my opinion.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.