Revert the target color on players [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jakethesnake.5132

jakethesnake.5132

A lot of guilds in WvW use the target symbol to follow a driver since it stands out more than a commander tag and it doesn’t attract pugs. You can’t even see it now because it turns dark red.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

bug or patch notes please? why has the color been changed to something that is going to be hard (dark maroon) to see in a sea of red? when guild groups dont want pugs on them, they run tagless because you refuse to give us a guild only tag so we resort to putting call target on our drivers (which is stupid) that now is even harder to see. when we do run as a guild with a tag, we ask them to move to another (this is the reality in a competitive mode) we cant put symbols ontop of people without having a tag up, as soon as you tag down they all reset aswell as the lieutenant rank. we still cant even tell who in squad is in our subgroup. sure the colors are a slightly different shade but you tell me whos in my subgroup and who isn’t. revert the call target color on friendlies.

Attachments:

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

(edited by Akashi.3245)

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I didn’t notice it in wvw yet but played a few pvp matches and saw the target icon there. I agree it is pretty bad color as its too dark. Also noticing a new green arrow on the target you are attacking..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

What Anet did change with this patch:

1. calling a friendly target = red (exact same color as before) crosshair
2. calling a target on an enemy = really dark red crosshair
3. the little arrow facing downwards above the character you’re are currently targeting = same color as their team color (red faction = red triangle, green server = green arrow and so on)

The new enemy target marker is way to dark to be easy recognisable. Totally worthless change in my opinion.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

3. the little arrow facing downwards above the character you’re are currently targeting = same color as their team color (red faction = red triangle, green server = green arrow and so on)

The new enemy target marker is way to dark to be easy recognisable. Totally worthless change in my opinion.

I get dark on everything except a few NPCs at the spawn in WvW. In Pve however, it is the normal bright red one on everything. /shrug

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It looks normal to me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Odd, I did not notice this target marker yesterday.

On another note, I find it hilarious that HP and LF is censored. What, how much HP necro can achieve in full tank is a secret? Or are you running full zerker and is just ashamed to show it? :p

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

and you are who exactly?

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

(edited by Akashi.3245)

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Agreed, this is not a welcome change

CCCP….

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Did anyone call for this? Like an QOL change? And anet didn’t think that making an ally green or blue and leave an enemy as it is would be an option? We now have to go with a really badly visible target circle? Makes really sense. Anet, please, revert. I’m taking the wrath of whoever wanted this.
Btw: What I’d like to change is that I can target stuff without annoying my group with that. So a personal and a group target – otherwise everything was fine like it was.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Anet’s logic. If it isn’t broken, fix it till it’s broken.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Anet’s logic. If it isn’t broken, fix it till it’s broken.

LMAO so true.

“What should we mess up next? Need to get those whiners in WvW section all riled up again..”

Jana.6831

“What should we mess up next? Need to get those whiners in WvW section all riled up again..”

Thing is, wvw players are that used to it that all we’re doing is throwing our arms into the air, shaking our heads in disbelief and go on like usual.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Agreed, the basic idea is good but yet again anet completely fail in implementation. Its quite amazing how they can do this all the time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

Terrible and unnecessary change. When there are so many QoL changes (auto loot, for one) needed for WvW, why make one like this, one that I’ve never seen requested? If you’re going to go changing colors for such things, give us options to choose our own or leave them alone. Dark purple/maroon? Really? Revert, please.

(edited by Bad Nursie.2876)

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

This is more stupid anet logic. They said in another thread a while back that they wouldn’t implement a guild tag into the game, because they didn’t want to excluded pugs from following the guild groups. Soooo the community informed them how stupid they were and how they didn’t have any clue how the game was played, and that we already excluded pugs from our guild groups by calling targets on our drivers……. So bend over serious wvw players again anet has a surprise for you!

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

I might be mistaken but it looks like they changed a lot more than this. If you just leftclick on (enemy) NPCs or players, you’ll now get markers matching the server/team-color.

So lets say you’re currently on the red team. If you now click on another player who is on the red team, you’ll get a red marker above his head. If you click on an enemy from the blue team, a blue/cyan marker is displayed. And if you click on somebody from the green team, a green marker is used. And its like this for NPCs, too. Click on an enemy NPC which belongs to a green tower and you should see a green marker.

And I think the darker versions of the target-markers exist for the same reason. The one for targets that belong to the green team seems to have a slightly different color than the one for targets from the blue team (i added a small screenshot showing the markers for blue/green NPCs).

Target-markers for ACs and stuff like this are still using the “old” red.

Attachments:

(edited by Tiscan.8345)

Jana.6831

I might be mistaken but it looks like they changed a lot more than this. If you just leftclick on (enemy) NPCs or players, you’ll now get markers matching the server/team-color.

Your circle looks maroon in both cases – so where did they change “a lot more than that”?

ETA: And all enemies I have been able to tag today have the same maroon circle – all friendly stuff the old bright red, yes, but no green or blue.

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

Your circle looks maroon in both cases – so where did they change “a lot more than that”?

Yeah, you’re right. Guess it looked different to me because of the different colors around them (one is on a much darker background). I tested it some more and they are the same.

The “a lot more than that” refers to the different left-click markers. Either i simply never noticed this before or they just added it yesterday, but when you left-click on other players or npcs, the marker that appears above them is in their team-color (you can see this in the attached screenshot: the grawl-blackletter was guarding a red camp, the charr mechanic a green toolshop, the ember a blue monument and the charr igniter was inside a neutral tower – btw. the badlands-player still has the “normal” target-marker).

Attachments:

Jana.6831

Wasn’t this always the case, the marker? Have never noticed but I think it was.
Btw: Enemy siege is bright red as well, only enemy npcs or players are maroon (yes, I tagged along).

ETA: I think enemies used to have a red marker above their heads and allies a green one. Now allies have the red and enemies the green. Yellow opponents have the yellow though.
Can we just revert this patch?! Makes no sense at all.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

My vote would be for a hot pink or neon yellow target on the enemy target. The dark red is much harder to see.

Osu

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Consider all buildings in eb are dark, and it is dark inside of sm and so on, it is freaking impossible to see the target icon.

And another thing. If you tab-target a enemie, the arrow above the eneimes head is green, as if friendly target.