Reward VS Effort: The conundrum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

BEFORE
- A lot of people complain about rewards, oh please a.net fix rewards, to little rewards for my effort, please a.net up the rewards, playing for fun is good but I’d like to be rewarded properly for my effort.

AFTER
- A.net introduces 5 deluxe boxes per scarlet general kill, to try and answer their cries:
- Now they cry, oh a.net please nerf those deluxe boxes it’s to much reward for to little effort, please nerf it I wanna play for the fun not for the rewards.

kitten ed if they do and kitten ed if they don’t

What do you guys think ?

Discuss.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The downside of having a large player base. We have a lot of WoW immigrants (myself included, although excluded from what follows:) who are more accustomed to the gear treadmill, raids content. We have GW1 players, who are (never played it) of a different mind set (not sure but I do know they complain often about stuff). I’m sure there’s a bunch of other MMO immigrants brining their own baggage around. With such a wide variety of players it’s impossible to satisfy everyone.
WvW players liked EoTM, while PvE player bemoaned the lack of content.
Hardcore player liked the Tequatl change, while casuals bemoaned it.
Casuals liked some of the more casual Living Story content while Hardcore players would run through it in 2 days and bemoan how short it is.
Grinders wanted grindy content, and we got fractals, and ascended, which caused a lot of player to complain again.
In the lore discussion threads there was calls that our characters weren’t the heros, when in the next patch we got placed into a more prominent role some players didn’t like that.

I can only hope ANet employees have thick hides, since they get flak no matter what they do. However they do have players statistics that we don’t have, so possibly they have a better understanding of what the majority of the player base is or isn’t doing.