Rewarding play

Rewarding play

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

So with all these new skins and armors, its all through gemstore or miniscule chance of rng through selective playmodes.

When are we getting content like dungeons where we can earn new weapons and sets through normal play like in the old dungeons? Why is this game now following the steps of f2p monetizing when it’s not an f2p game per se? Nothing new is available through guaranteed METHODS of play. It’s not rewarding when it’s all about luck since you cannot rely on it.

The way to get anything new in the game is either you farm cof p1 (before its nerfed) and turn that gold into new things or you just dont get it.

Sure you want people to spend real money but, then it just becomes pay to get anything new. Or pay to win, not in the literal sense of win, but if your end game revolves around cosmetics and the only way to get them is through real money then, what else is it?

I’d suggest they take a look at their old mechanics and start offering things through actual dedicated gameplay, it gives people a reason to do stuff and a reason to log in. Nothing like finishing those 1380 tokens to get a full set is there?

And please no “you dont need it therefor you cant complain”

Yeah well you dont need a lot of things to live your life so you cannot ever complain about anything that has nothing to do with your survival, rite? Just don’t even bother if that’s all youre gonna pull. Let’s have a discussion.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Rewarding play

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

They’ve said it’s coming this year – they’re adding boxes specific to champions which contains gold and unique skins, for instance (it’s all in the blog they posted), and they’re changing up dungeons to try a reward more varied play as opposed to farming.

No, we haven’t got a specific date, but it’s in the pipeline, so hopefully you’ll find more of what you want this year.

I think most of the reason why things are so frequently linked to the store is also that ANet have the policy of everything being accessible to all players. So the people who don’t run dungeons have a chance to get unique skins too etc, etc. You have unique dungeon armor already, but they can’t just put everything in as dungeon rewards or fractal rewards because some people simply don’t do them and would complain that they can’t have anything.

Yes, of course they want people to spend money in the gem store, but I don’t think that is the only driving factor behind these latest additions. And everything that they’ve added to it so far (with the exception of the Aetherized armor skins) can also be earned in game (technically, the armor can too if you convert gold to gems). Because of the option to convert gold to gems, ANet can put things in the store without effectively excluding any of their player base, but the same cannot be said of anything they put in as exclusive rewards for certain aspects of the game.

Rewarding play

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

When you earn achievement points, you unlock achievement chests.. Looks to me like the perfect way to reward active play, no?
Also, every month there is a huge update with (most of the time) some new skins..

So forgive me, but I don’t see the problem?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe