Rewarding players that invest more

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

The reason I dont invest time into gw2 anymore is simply because there is no reason to.

If i pvp for 100 hours vs a guy who plays pvp for 10 hours, there is no difference in our accounts in terms of pvp

If I go out and get ascended/legendaries vs a guy with max 80 gear the reward is minimal I have nothing to show but some cool looking gear.

When are you going to start rewarding players for investing time in this game?

The fact that I can leave for 3 months and come back and thiefs my level still have no advantage what so ever over me in terms of gear/abilities.. welp that aint right.

I really want to play this game cause it looks so sick and the classes are epic, but man does it get old fast

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

Fun isn’t rewarding enough?

Posted by: hedition.7261

hedition.7261

What do you think a player who invest more time should have?

More gold?
More AP?
More skins unlocked?

Or gears with significant edge over the others but requires hours of grinding, which will probably bring about protests that Anet promised no grinding from the start?
There are people who already complain that ascended is too grindy.

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

Working as intended. I dont really know what else to say to that.

Peow peow.2189

Fun isn’t rewarding enough?

fun factor dies out after playing a few 100 skyhammer games

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

I think you made your own point. Gear wise there isnt suppose to be a huge difference in stats between a exotic, ascended and legendary. What that extra 90+ hours you put into the game is experience that should make you a better player. What you think should make you have better gear so you can dominate your opponents is what I believe makes the game so great. I can just into a PvP match with my basic exotic gear and still be competitive. What a player that has done a ton of PvP has on someone like me who only does a little is not gear but experience in knowing the level and how it is played better than the rest of the people.

You have invested time in to your character, honed him/her into the perfect balance for how you like to play. That other player that only has 10 hours, they are still trying to find the correct balance, and are still trying to learn things.

Peow peow.2189

I think you made your own point. Gear wise there isnt suppose to be a huge difference in stats between a exotic, ascended and legendary. What that extra 90+ hours you put into the game is experience that should make you a better player. What you think should make you have better gear so you can dominate your opponents is what I believe makes the game so great. I can just into a PvP match with my basic exotic gear and still be competitive. What a player that has done a ton of PvP has on someone like me who only does a little is not gear but experience in knowing the level and how it is played better than the rest of the people.

You have invested time in to your character, honed him/her into the perfect balance for how you like to play. That other player that only has 10 hours, they are still trying to find the correct balance, and are still trying to learn things.

yeah i get that. I guess the game has a very casual side to it, where you can pick it up and drop it down and come back without worries.

But we need some hardcore elements as well imo

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

What kind of reward are you looking for?

NSPride <3