Rework Dire and Trailblazer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

A whole mechanic exist like dodging and bunker builds dont even need to dodge half the time. Full burst classes can do a full burst and the bunker will eat it and heal to full. This is why people hate condition builds in this game. It requires no skill half the time, and all the people that wanna talk about it requires skill cause people can clear them is full of crap. especially now that passive boon corrupts exist even on Necro auto attacks, and spammable revenant banish enchantment. Condition builds should be Skill based and traits that give protection / passive fumble(weakness) shouldn’t exist in condition traitlines. I believe Dire / Trailblazers should have a rework, it gives too much Vit/toughness and condition builds only need to work on 1 stat while power builds need power fero and crit chance and often times vitality cause some classes have the lowest base health.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Dire should be the stat you go for when you play against power specs ( giving you toughness and instead of vit maybe prec or power). Trailblazers need to give 1 of the 2 either vit (imho thats the stat to go) or toughness and just increase the value of the rest. So in both cases they lose survivability for the dmg they get. Or make trailblazers keep the stats it has but lower the value of condi dmg or condi durr. Classes ahould be so tanky while also being capable of dealing so much dmg.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

It’s been a long time since that topic didn’t pop again… sigh

You know what ? I tried dire on my mesmer (pre patch), and here’s why I enjoyed it a lot “for itself”

• I was able to whistand the opening stunlock+burst that most power builds are using with the purpose of downing me at first strike.
  • My slow sleepy mind was able to use my players skills and eventually win the fight. Or not. Depends.

Beyond the sole “dire/TB” issue, here’s why I enjoy condis more :

• With power builds, you often need to get close and hit to do damage. With condi builds, you only need to hit, and then you can kite/dodge/whatever, damage still ticks. It takes longer, but I think it’s more reliable. (as long as it’s not cleanes of course)
  • With power builds, stats like protection, regeneration, aegis drastically lowers my efficiency. With condi builds, only regeneration and resistance have such an effect overtime. It’s far better, considering the first thing you see after a red name is 8 boons popping for 3 minutes. (overdoing it a bit).
  • With power builds, it seems like you need to know and execute a perfect rotation OR stunlock your opponent, in order not to be endangered.

Specific encounters ? Last one ! A power berserker, while I was running a condi (rabid) necro. Downed his HP to 15%. He popped resistance. My corrupt was on CD. The healing signet did the rest, and we disengaged both. Who would have won ? I dunno. But obviously, he wasn’t that helpless against a condi build.

So please, instead of asking for those stats to be nerfed :

• Consider the possibility that a fight may last longer and still be enjoyable, even in a power spec. Reworded : don’t wish for fights to end with the opening blow. Zerk and marauder are a thing amongst others.
  • Are “passive buffs” a condi builds only ? Nope. And the marauder+durability runes combo is the most shining evidence of it.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Full burst classes can do a full burst and the bunker will eat it and heal to full.

Reworded : I want to kill an enemy with a single full burst, ie, in roughly 4 seconds. BTW : condis are OP.

It requires no skill half the time, and all the people that wanna talk about it requires skill cause people can clear them is full of crap.

It won’t help your cause to say “anywho disagrees talks crap.”

spammable revenant banish enchantment.

Considering the energy expense… uh… no.

Condition builds should be Skill based and traits that give protection / passive fumble(weakness) shouldn’t exist in condition traitlines.

Fortunately, no power build relies on passive boons application.

I believe Dire / Trailblazers should have a rework, it gives too much Vit/toughness

Not more than solider or wanderer.

condition builds only need to work on 1 stat while power builds need power fero and crit chance and often times vitality cause some classes have the lowest base health.

Actually, expertise helps a lot, so it’s 2 stats.

Then, condi guardians, condi eles (supposing that exists) and condi mesmers to a lesser extent are of course well known for having the highest base health, contrary of condi berserker, for example.

Dire should be the stat you go for when you play against power specs ( giving you toughness and instead of vit maybe prec or power).

The first one is called rabid… But I’m not sure I understand. You’re basically saying : if you go against a power spec, take dire, and instead of dire, take rabid ?

Classes ahould be so tanky while also being capable of dealing so much dmg.

cough cough cough Power berserker cough cough cough