Rich nodes vs. standard nodes (QoL request)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

This idea is pretty basic. On the mini-map, ore nodes have icons. When you mouse over them, it will tell you if it is a standard node or a rich node (this means that the markers have that data already associated with them).

Could the icon for rich nodes be different from normal nodes? Maybe outline it in cyan or something?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I.like this idea, makes knowing at a glance easy.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I’d rather see different icons for different node types first
makes mining in areas with silver ore annoying. have to mouseover every node to see if it’s even worth the time it takes to mine it. so I simply avoid all maps that have silver ore

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I like the idea. I’d even like to see slightly different icons for different sorts of nodes.
That said, it costs more processing power to display a greater variety of things, so maybe that’s a limiting factor.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I like the idea. I’d even like to see slightly different icons for different sorts of nodes.
That said, it costs more processing power to display a greater variety of things, so maybe that’s a limiting factor.

I doubt that very much. The icons are tiny (in terms of memory and procesding required) it would only be an issue if the three different resource icons became thousands of different icons on the same mini map.