Rime-Rimmed Mariner's Rebreather

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Is this still obtainable from the giant winter’s day gifts? I want to get my hands on one but I don’t want to blow the gold if it won’t drop.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

I imagine the loot tables are the same. Though, the drop rate is pretty horrendously low, especially if you’re opening them at a loss for profit. I farmed upwards of 15k-30k gifts during wintersday last year and saw only 2.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I easily blew through over 10k giant gifts during last Wintersday, and I only got one myself. Good luck.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Yes. However it’s rare. Look at Wanze’s old posts or use the search engine to see how Rare it is and if it makes sense to try to get.

X mas gifts today cost the same as they did during the event, so you arent paying a premium.

But it will probably be removed and no longer available once the next Xmas starts. So spam your gifts now.

EDIT. The main problem you’ll have is that you will get a ton of ugly socks, hats and sweaters after opening the gifts. You have three choices (1) try to sell them now a prices far below what they are worth when you can convert them to gifts (2) list them at a fair prie for December and see if they sell in december or (3) try to store them somehow with limited inventory spots.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

If you still had any of those Ultimate Wintersday gifts laying around you can pick what you want from them and that is one of the items. I got a bunch in pvp I just have them all sitting in the bank for later use or whatever. Sadly many people didn’t know this and blew a lot of gold on the giant gifts to get it.
Other than that yea, wicked rng on the giant gifts. So up to you if you really want to take the chance.

Säïnt

(edited by SaintSnow.6593)

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

If you still had any of those Ultimate Wintersday gifts laying around you can pick what you want from them and that is one of the items. I got a bunch in pvp I just have them all sitting in the bank for later use or whatever. Sadly many people didn’t know this and blew a lot of gold on the giant gifts to get it.
Other than that yea, wicked rng on the giant gifts. So up to you if you really want to take the chance.

I will not forget this come Wintersday 2015… Of course by then, it will probably be changed. :/