Risen Acolyte Agro Radius in Orr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

They seem to have double, if not triple, the agro radius of every other mob in the game. I can be standing close enough to hit a mob with a Dagger attack, on my Ele, and not have most mobs agro to me but the Acolyte’s seem to run from across the map to cast. It also seems they have a much, much longer leach radius as well as they follow well past the distance any other mob follows.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i think the biggest issue is how the risen can easily knock you back/down/pull/chill/cripple. sometimes you’ll get pulled 3 times before you’re allowed to move again.

it makes straits of devastation the most painful area in the game to navigate. i’m so glad i’m done with that area, because i’m never coming back to it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

Once I completed Orr with one character, all my others go to the frozen zone instead. They could remove Orr from the game and I would never know it… it is THAT bad. Mob density, nearly immediate respawns and huge aggro ranges make it not worth the effort.

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

i think the biggest issue is how the risen can easily knock you back/down/pull/chill/cripple. sometimes you’ll get pulled 3 times before you’re allowed to move again.

it makes straits of devastation the most painful area in the game to navigate. i’m so glad i’m done with that area, because i’m never coming back to it.

How is this a problem ?
I slap 7 for my condition removal and roll on.

I mean seriously, It appears you are complaining about having difficulty in an end game zone while solo. Either group up and play a massive multi-player game with multiple players or add counters to the issues you complain about. If you are unwilling to do either, then you have no right to complain.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

(edited by coglin.1496)

Posted by: Henryik.8260

Henryik.8260

How is this a problem ?

I mean seriously, It appears you are complaining about having difficulty in an end game zone while solo. Either group up and play a massive multi-player game with multiple players or add counters to the issues you complain about. If you are unwilling to do either, then you have no right to complain.

when you got pulled u need to break stun. I think its is annoying rather than the difficulty. I seldom got killed in Orr while traveling but the constant pulls/cripples/chills just make me yell.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

How is this a problem ?

The ubiquitous yank, shove, knockdown, cripple and whatnot are in game because ANet learned from GW1 that people will run through areas rather than fight through them. ANet implemented all these impediments to “encourage” people to fight mobs rather than avoid them. These mob abilities do NOT make fighting the mobs harder, so leave the difficulty card in the pack. It does make the mobs more annoying, however.

As to Acolyte aggro: it might have something to do with mob facing. I saw one yesterday aggro onto me from 3 mobs away. The two closer mobs were also Acolytes, but those two were facing away, whereas the further one was facing me. I’ll keep an eye out to see if this was an anomaly or a feature.

Artorous.8573

I could care less about the conditions, although I hate pulls. It doesn’t matter how they are facing, like I said they seem to be the only mob, ranged or not, that agro from the distance. Applies to both Land and Water. Have yet to come across any other Risen that agro at the distance and chase you the distance they chase. They seem to be the only mob that doesn’t do any form of condition application but I hate being followed half the map when everything else gave up months ago.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I could care less about the conditions, although I hate pulls. It doesn’t matter how they are facing, like I said they seem to be the only mob, ranged or not, that agro from the distance. Applies to both Land and Water. Have yet to come across any other Risen that agro at the distance and chase you the distance they chase. They seem to be the only mob that doesn’t do any form of condition application but I hate being followed half the map when everything else gave up months ago.

I experimented today and proved my hypothesis about their facing to be false. The Acolytes do have CC, they have an immobilize.

coglin.1496

I do not understand how the pulls are an issue?
The mobs with a “pull” have a very specific weapon and graphic. A simple dodge will avoid the pull all together. If you are going to bypass the intended fight, by running past mindlessly, at least put the effort into dodging. Seriously, if your not going to pay attention enough to dodge it, it is really hard to take your complain about getting pulled seriously at all.

Artorous.8573

@coglin If only Orr wasn’t so densly packed with mobs and we had infinite endurance, but again, this isn’t a thread about pulls it’s about acolytes and their range.

coglin.1496

I do not see an issue with there range personally. I expect mobs in the highest level zones to hit harder, be more resistant, have larger aggro, and so on.

In my experience, I can easily negate their damage and inflict mine, resist the conditions, kill em as fast as other mobs in level appropriate zones, and have no issue traveling their regions at the aggro range they have.

I just do not see it as an issue or a problem at all.

Artorous.8573

It’s like you’re not even reading anything anyone else posts.

Acolytes appear to have 2-3x the agro radius of every other mob in the game and they tend to follow you for 2-3x the distance. When 99.9% of mobs in the game agro at a certain range and leash after a certain range then the 1 mob that doesn’t is probably improperly coded. That’s the point of this thread. I don’t die to them, nor any other mob (multiple mobs at once maybe) but it is highly annoying trying to gather nodes when 1 mob decides to run around a mountain to get to you and then chase you to the other side of the map afterwards.

Again, I don’t care about how hard mobs hit, I use Knight’s and or any armor with Power/Vit/Tough so it’s easy to survive, or how many conditions they have, I am a support specced Ele so they all get removed in no time. What I care about is the fact that 1 mob tends to be doing something no other mob in the game is doing which means it is probably unintended and not suppose to be happening. I don’t care if you agree/disagree that pulls are annoying or Orr mobs hit hard, that’s not what this thread is about so move along.

coglin.1496

Acolytes appear to have 2-3x the agro radius of every other mob in the game and they tend to follow you for 2-3x the distance. When 99.9% of mobs in the game agro at a certain range and leash after a certain range then the 1 mob that doesn’t is probably improperly coded..

Right, because I didn’t just very specifically respond to this in the post just before this one.

Look you can word it or complain in any form or fashion you like. That doesn’t mean we all have to agree with you.

If you cannot accept that I see reason in the mobs having a larger aggro range and following you farther because they are in the highest level zones, then your just being intentionally obtuse.

Higher end zones = higher radius aggro with higher roaming regions.

its not hard to grasp that I agree with that equation.

Your are simply trying to force your perspective on use because we disagree with you.

If you feel it is so unintended, why would you put it in a general discussion thread and not the game bugs sub forum?

You cannot start a thread in a sub forum with the term “discussion” in the topic then complain when someone discusses it and disagrees with you.

(edited by coglin.1496)

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Your are simply trying to force your perspective on use because we disagree with you.

You seem to be the only person here doing that, and I have no idea who the “we” you refer to is. No one here seems to agree with you.

Orr “world” (non-event) mobs in general seem to be there just to delay players. They’re not worth fighting (they respawn after seconds, and rarely drop anything worthwhile), and they’re not particularly challenging (most players can take on 4 or 5 at a time, and can easily solo a veteran or two). There’s no sense of risk or hope of reward when fighting them. They’re just an annoyance to make you take longer when trying to get from A to B.

I don’t have a problem with different mobs having different aggro distances, though, and I think neither would most other people if those mobs actually posed a risk, rather than just pulling you back and delaying you.

- Al Zheimer

Artorous.8573

Again, no other mob, be it in Orr or any other map area, has the agro radius that the Acolytes have. No risen, no champion, nothing agros from the range these mobs do nor do any other mob chase the distance these mobs do. If all the Risen had the same range then I wouldn’t have made the post. The reason I made the post is because 1 of the 20-30 different risen agro/leash with 2 to 3x the radius of everything else. It’s not all the Orr mobs that do this, it is 1. When 1 thing is behaving this differently it is almost entirely unentintional. No other mob in any other zone behaves this way which is why I made the post.

You seem to be acting just like the people that would have been ok with the karma exploit at the start. So what if that 1 item was different from every other item. Obviously it was intended to be that way.

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

Maybe you were just low on hp? For some annoying reason, if you are at 25% or lower the mobs(regardless of what kind) will chase you to the ends of tyria. Healing up solves the problem.

Personally I find the purifiers to be more annoying.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Artorous.8573

Maybe you were just low on hp? For some annoying reason, if you are at 25% or lower the mobs(regardless of what kind) will chase you to the ends of tyria. Healing up solves the problem.

Personally I find the purifiers to be more annoying.

Nah. I’m rarely ever not at 100% when collecting my nodes. There have been several times where they pass by multiple mobs, ranging in distance, yet none of those get agroed. It’s just these pesky Risen Acolytes.

Posted by: Keldon.6287

Keldon.6287

In case anyone feels like arguing that this is intended, I’ve got an example that can prove it isn’t. I recently took an alt up to the temple of Balth. to get the PoI/skill point there to finish off the map, and saw something strange. First off, almost every single mob up there was an acolyte – second, about 1/4 of them were veteran acolytes. The veterans aggro’d at what I would consider “normal” mob aggro radius, but all the normal ones aggro’d from super long ranged: several of them even aggro’d from behind veterans, and ran past the veterans to come get me.

Are you trying to tell me the dev team intended the Risen Acolytes to have a longer aggro radius than Veteran Risen Acolytes? If you really think that’s the case, you’re grasping at straws there.

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

If so, then it’s very likely a bug.. report it as such. No need for argument.

Gonna check this out and see if its true.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: Wechsl.2907

Wechsl.2907

I remember them being a pain in the backside when I was trying to commune with a place of power. all around acolytes, every time I killed off the closest ones the next farthest away comes along and says ‘HI, Missed me?’, ofc even as a greatsword wielding killing machine I couldn’t kill them fast enough, respawn was like 10-20 seconds -.-. Now if they wouldn’t be aggroing from miles away I might not have a reason to complain.

Artorous.8573

Exactly my point. If they had the normal agro/leash range I wouldn’t have made the post. At first I thought it was just ranged Risen mobs in general, but after seeing them run past all the rest it’s just the Acolytes that do this. They die fast enough but they run from miles around.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Grubs that spit on you “attract undead”. For what I understand how it works, it causes all undead around you to aggro you at like, twice the distance or more.

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

I did notice that acolytes tend to aggro from farther away when running around compared to, say, pirates or grubs. I’m glad mesmers have possibly the easiest time running past mobs thanks to invisibility and clones, or I might be frustrated myself.

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

overtuned for race day but theres not enough cars on the track.
i can handle them as should most people if they take it easy
what i see is people trying to outrun them and either dying, getting throu or dumping all the aggro on someone else
usually the latter which fully grinds my gears because 9/10 its me
because i dont run and if you could see the loot i haul in perhaps you will stop running too.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I do find the pulling to be one of the most annoying things in the game. And I do agree that the aggro raidus of Acolytes seem immensely large. Risen in general seem pretty overtuned honestly. I get they are supposed to be the hardest enemies in the game, but for normal mobs they are harder then Zhaitan at this point. lol

Combine that with underwater Acolytes and its a disaster. I cry a little inside when a Ori vein spawns in some seriously infested water areas.

Overall, I have gotten used to majority of the crap thrown at you in Orr, but I will have to say its probably the most annoying zone I have ever experienced in a game.

coglin.1496

Again, non of this means it is an unintended bug.

Again, if you feel it is a bug, why do you make the thread in the general discussion sub-forum and not the bugs sub-forum?

Just because I do not agree that it is actually a bug does not mean I am not reading your post. Perhaps your not reading mine. I do not agree that you have “proof” or can “prove” it is unintended.

It is not some great stretch, that a mob with a different name has a different behavior pattern.