Risen Nobles...

Risen Nobles...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Q:

Do you think Risen Nobles should be marked as Group Events?

My opinion is yes.
They have a Warrior’s health, dealing Thieves’ damage, can backstab for 4~5k without stealth at 3000ish Armor, they teleport to you every 6 seconds, they have a dual attack for 1k each on par with Risen Eagles stupidly insane damage (but Eagles have low health/armor), while they AoE plague you and move faster or equal than you with Swiftness.

When I accidentally pull two Nobles in any place of Orr, I may as well drop the keyboard and just die.

Fighting a Veteran Risen Noble is harder than killing a Champion solo, and I can solo most Champions in the game with my Guardian.
Fighting a Champion Risen Noble is impossible to any group with less than 5.

Edit: Why are these kitteners still not fixed?
This is from an event to defend Wren Encampment. After a bunch of Putrifiers, Corrupters, Acolytes, they throw us 20+ Nobles.
Look what happens to all the NPCs and players (there were about 10 players at the local – ALL ALIVE).

Don’t you guys play your kittening own game?

Attachments:

(edited by Danicco.3568)

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Well it’s an obvious bug

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I haven’t encountered one since they made Orr more “interesting” but I bet they’re fun now. /sarcasm

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . even as a Ranger I’m not getting terrible problems with Risen Nobles. Not talking the Veterans, just the normal ones.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Risen Nobles...

Danicco.3568

I haven’t encountered one since they made Orr more “interesting” but I bet they’re fun now. /sarcasm

Hmm they’re more interesting yes, they’re pretty much like Thieves in PvP.

You avoid 1v1 or 1v2+ at all costs.

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Kahooie.7918

Kahooie.7918

I thought it was just me, then I searched risen in the forums and found all kinds of complaints. The new skillsets for the risen are not balanced, they do way too much damage to be soloing your personal storylines in Orr. I am reminded of a saying… if it’s not broken, don’t fix it :P

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Genuinely confused. Risen Nobles, normal or veteran, have always been incredibly easy, and I’ve never even considered them a threat. o_O

Champions are a different story, but then, they all are.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Fighting a Champion Risen Noble is impossible to any group with less than 5.

Sounds about right to me. Its a Champion, its supposed to be hard. 5 or more players is generally what they require in Orr.

And as said above; As a ranger I have no specific problems vs Risen Nobles. As a warrior they are simply annoying since they teleport, but other than that nothing stands out about them in difficulty.

Can’t see an issue im afraid.

Risen Nobles...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Wait . . .

Wait, were they significantly buffed since yesterday? I’ll need to check after I get done with my work this evening.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

If they weren’t buffed on the 26th, then I’m confused as to what the problem is. I haven’t had any trouble with them.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Silvery Shadow.5036

Silvery Shadow.5036

Patch Note : Updated skillsets for several krait and undead creatures to make them more entertaining to fight.

Risen Nobles...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, I’m swinging by Orr tonight and checking this out.

Risen Nobles...

Danicco.3568

Sounds about right to me. Its a Champion, its supposed to be hard. 5 or more players is generally what they require in Orr.

And as said above; As a ranger I have no specific problems vs Risen Nobles. As a warrior they are simply annoying since they teleport, but other than that nothing stands out about them in difficulty.

Can’t see an issue im afraid.

What was interesting before is that nearly all champions were soloable.
They were hard, but if you could come up with tactics and strategy, they were doable.

Usually took lots of movement, terrain positioning, skills rotations, and a bunch of stuff.
Champion Risen Nobles now are just “I’m a NPC, I hit harder and I don’t die so bring 20 friends or I’ll kill you”.

But anyway, Risen Nobles’ damage is way over the top. Even as a Guardian, I could manage easily fighting 4 Risens of any kind at once. In fact, I even pulled as many as I could just because I knew I could tank.
Now, I fought 3 Risen Nobles and 1 Acolyte, and my health hanged in the 5~10% for some time (I didn’t heal though, but I never had to heal before).

And I can still deal fine fighting 4+ of any other kind of Risen.
Just Risen Nobles that are a pain.

This is even more true when I’m playing my Elementalist. Standing still and just spamming skills I kill any Risen 1v1 losing about 25~33% health.
The same against Risen Nobles (but avoiding the overpowered teleport-Symbol) takes 50~66% health to kill just one.

Pulling two at once on my Ele means I either run away or pop all skills, utilities, elite, call for help on map chat, kill one and then wait for a ress.

And both my characters are exotic geared.

Risen Nobles...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What was interesting before is that nearly all champions were soloable.
They were hard, but if you could come up with tactics and strategy, they were doable.

Not entirely. I ran into at least two problems with Champions:

- They generally were in a place where trying to be maneuverable always brought adds to the party which would then change the fight into one I couldn’t actually win. In theory, I could have, and if I had been more skilled to the point where I could dodge anything . . . possibly?

- They would leash back to their original points all too quickly and even if I caught them they regenerated 10-25% of their health before they stopped.

Risen Nobles...

Danicco.3568

I wish I could’ve gotten the screen a bit further to the back so I could get all players dying at once… too bad I got nearly insta-killed myself when they targeted me.

Risen Nobles...

Danicco.3568

Also, this is a thread for help.

Requesting help for about 100 or more players to help Ehmry Bay clear the Wren Encampment.

No, wait, 100 would probably just get AoE’d down from their 1k Symbols… I think we need a GM. Can any GM help us with this event? An invincible GM please, otherwise we’re just going down again.

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Nobles hit me like 900 max. Just tested.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Something must have been bugged about that one, I’ve never had problems with a risen noble.

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well in those event they stack huge amount vulnerability.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Patch Note : Updated skillsets for several krait and undead creatures to make them more entertaining to fight.

haha they call overpowered entertaining, yeah right.. Anet hard and overpowered does not equal fun just saying.

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

It is entertaining because let’s face it

having your head cut off by a risen noble is hilarious

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Something must have been bugged about that one, I’ve never had problems with a risen noble.

Since the patch dropped a few days ago i have seen a whole horde of new bugs,

Skills not going off when i click them (they just flicker permanently)

Being rooted to a spot by mobs, with nothing showing on my character, i just cannot move..

Culling is at an all time high the worst i’ve ever seen it since i joined the game..(and this is in PvE not wvw) was fine when i joined GW2 6 months ago..

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed in the new patch… New Nobles are ludicrous.

Someone went a bit overboard with the numbers. It’s not just the high damage, but the massive spammability of the kitten things.

1 on 1 they’re not an issue, even though they’re disproportionately more difficult than any other normal mob. In groups, however, they’re a kittening nightmare… I’ve seen the Balthazar chain get insta-gibbed by them. Everything was going fine, then a wave of 10-15 Nobles spawn, they all immediately teleport and symbol, and all NPCs (and a few players) just evaporate.

So, yeah, bit overboard…

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

tried a couple normal risen nobles outside shank. They do 700-2k on my full bezerker gear/traited character.

1200 or so with the symbol (which is hilariously easy to dodge roll out of. Hint: they start the fight with it, and have a pretty long cast time)
700 – 2k with the dagger attacks, usually around 1k, I think the 2k’s were crits.

Havent tried a veteran or champion yet. But the normal ones dont seem bad at all. Could solo 3 no problem.

Risen Nobles...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So, my ranger moved to Cursed Shore today for the first time with the sole intent of testing these Risen Nobles. I took on two at once, and aside from needing to micro-manage pet switching? Not significantly more difficult than other things in Orr.

Just don’t stand in their wells.

Risen Nobles...

Danicco.3568

1 on 1 they’re not an issue, even though they’re disproportionately more difficult than any other normal mob. In groups, however, they’re a kittening nightmare… I’ve seen the Balthazar chain get insta-gibbed by them. Everything was going fine, then a wave of 10-15 Nobles spawn, they all immediately teleport and symbol, and all NPCs (and a few players) just evaporate.

So, yeah, bit overboard…

Same thing happened at Wren.
Everything was fine, 10+ players and a bunch of Risen every wave, and yet most NPCs managed to stay alive. Then a Risen Noble wave (there was one or two Veterans) and bam, everyone dropped dead as fast as they could notice what was happening.

The Veteran’s the one with the AoE plague.
His Symbol does 1500 on my Elementalist with 2500 Defense, plus it knocks you down when he casts it (and he pulls you).
So you can figure what happened, a Veteran plus a bunch of regular Nobles…

What is kittening incredible is that I don’t believe no dev/designer play their own game. I can’t believe they can come up with kitten like this and absolutely test nothing at all, and worse yet, this is going for days and I bet none of them had this happened to them because they don’t play their GAME.

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: valfx.5416

valfx.5416

So, yeah, bit overboard…

I’ve just got this problem during the Balthazar chain.
All was fine, and just after the spawn of the noble => Event fail.

Good job ANet …

Risen Nobles...

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Why do people want to faceroll mobs? Is that really entertaining?

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com