Risen animations...

Risen animations...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I encourage all of you to go out into the world, and find a risen…basically, any zone in the game right? Anyways, just sit there and watch. WATCH OUT! Dont get too close! Just sit there and watch their idle animations. I was in….one of the zones last night, I witnessed a female(former human) risen shuffle her feet and then do the “stretch and yawn” emote/animation that MY LIVING character does.

Seriously, go check it out.

Why the hell is an undead minion stretching and yawning? Like she had a hard day at work or something.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Risen animations...

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

residual memories of the person they used to be.

Much the same way the farmers carry their old tools despite other risen being happy to just punch at you.

Risen animations...

cesmode.4257

Much the same way the farmers carry their old tools despite other risen being happy to just punch at you.

Oh dont feed me that.. Lazy coding is what it is!

I compare it to SWTOR: Theres a video on youtube of a guy that just ran around one of the zones, I think the IA starter zone, and there was sometihng like one or two dozen NPCs that looked EXACTLY the same..hair style, skin pigment, face structure, everything. It was the same NPC, all over the camp.

Risen animations...

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Oh dont feed me that.. Lazy coding is what it is!

I compare it to SWTOR: Theres a video on youtube of a guy that just ran around one of the zones, I think the IA starter zone, and there was sometihng like one or two dozen NPCs that looked EXACTLY the same..hair style, skin pigment, face structure, everything. It was the same NPC, all over the camp.

pfffft. Clearly you just arent immersed! ;p

Risen animations...

cesmode.4257

Clearly. haha
Clearly a dead guy has residual memory. Have you ever seen the show The Walking Dead? They are not alive! They have no remorse, no feeling, no memory. No intellect.
Nothing.

Risen animations...

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

Clearly. haha
Clearly a dead guy has residual memory. Have you ever seen the show The Walking Dead? They are not alive! They have no remorse, no feeling, no memory. No intellect.
Nothing.

This doesn’t seem to be the case in Tyria. There are several death quotes from the risen where they seem happy that you’ve killed them. I think they’re quite aware that they’re undead abominations, but they’re unable to do anything about it.

“Rest…” “So tired…” “At last…” “The light fades…” etc.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Risen animations...

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

They stretch and are tired because they had literally thousands of years to acquire ascended gear with max infusions and are desperate to get something better. That’s why they attack the players. They think we drop loot just like they do.

Risen animations...

Posted by: Groober.1329

Groober.1329

Well, some of them are farming in Malchor’s Leap.