Ritualist Profession ?

Ritualist Profession ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

Wondering when this will be added cause this WOULD be amazing pet class to play around with for parties/groups and even good for soloing champs/vets maybe legendary in the expac (for it) ?

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’ll be released “when it’s ready.”

It was already announced.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really? I must have missed that announcement. Do you have a link?

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Ritualist Profession ?

The ritualists were a fantasy version of engineers; ArenaNet said as much when they were released, all those years ago. Now that the game has real engineers, those have already taken the ritualist role. So no, don’t expect to see this profession any time soon.

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Probably never. They took out the core sprit raising mechanic and gave it to the engie as turrets and the guardian as spirit weapons. The Revenant reputedly has some aspects of the Rit also.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I honestly don’t think that the Rit will make an appearance again. What they seem to have done is integrate it into other professions (Guardian with summoning weps and Revenant with “channeling heroes”).

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Revenant will take in some of the ritualist like qualities along with a little bit of dervish (at least thats what can be perceived with what we’ve seen)

Prior to that Guardian actually had/have some of the rit elements, without the aesthetics (spirit weapons instead of actual spirits)

Now I really loved ritualists in GW1 and would by no means be against seeing them as they were again… buut with the above in mind I don’t think we will see the ritualist of old return. Can just hope the revenant will bring in more of the feel from it, where guardian purely had a minor mechanic.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Maybe the Ritualist will return as a Necromancer or Revenant specialization. Otherwise, I don’t think the odds favor a return of the Ritualist.

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Maybe one of the revenants legends they haven’t shown will give skills similar to what a ritualist did? At least I think that would be sweet! =P

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The Mesmer took over a lot of the Rit mechanics also when they went from casting hexes and interrupting to making clones. The three older professions, Mesmer, engie and guard, and now Revenant all have pieces of the Rit. That profession has been truly dismembered and redistributed.

Rest in peace my Guild Wars 1 Rit.

Or should I say, Rest in Pieces.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Ritualist Profession ?

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

Meh i still play GW1 for fun and for HoM :P but still i wouldnt mind seeing more of the prof (in game as heroes) …