Robert Hrouda has left Arenanet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

“Robert Hrouda
August 20.
“Today marks the release of the last bit of content I built for ArenaNet. I had always hoped my last hurrah would be an epic dungeon that would stand the test of time, and provide entertainment for players to the very end… but instead it’s an instance that will only persist for two weeks, and then go away”.

Well there you have it… he wanted the game to have actual permanent content (the horror!) and Anet fired him for it. Guess we know what direction this game is going at least..

The direction anet is on is why I was logged in for 15 minutes last night to complete my daily..and promptly logged off.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

how artist felt when their art is turned to another business..

Art has always been a business, nearly every one of the renaissance masters was paid for their work and art was considered just as much of a business as trade or manufacturing.

The difference is, investors nowadays frequently want art that isn’t as good as their artists are capable of, because they treat art exactly like manufacturing, rather than a companion industry to manufacturing. Manufacturers have to put out a certain amount of product at certain intervals in order to be profitable, which isn’t necessarily true of the artistic industries, but good luck convincing a brainless completely-disconnected-from-the-public businessman of that.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

That’s definitely a thing. ANet is great at saying the right things. I really consider ArenaNet to have great ideas. But how they go about it and what they end up doing? Leaves me disappointed.

i like to think Arenanet throw 4 great idea’s into the Mystic Forge, im sure you know from experience what comes out.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

… talking, exposing, discussing…

For this reason, one can speculate he may have overstepped his boundaries. While full disclosure from the developers is appreciated it is rare in the industry. In some games I’ve played the developers were basically under a gag order and were not permitted to post on the forums.

Whatever the reason, people come and go. We may never truly know why.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Robert Hrouda retired so he can play Guild Wars 2 for hours on end.

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

This thread has by now probably covered all possible conspiracy theories.

It is true, Rob is no longer with us, and we wish him all the best for his future endeavors. And that is all that needs to be said, the personal life of existing or former employees does not belong here.