"Rock Dodger" achievement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Recursionist.7062

Recursionist.7062

How in the world do you do this? I’ve tried this achievement over and over and for some reason the achievement sticker always, always disappears after the second burn phase, even though I’ve dodged every rock and was never noticeably hit by one, and yet I can’t get the achievement.

I once paid very, very close attention to the sticker, knew that I did not get hit by any falling rocks when the dragon’s head came out, nor did I get hit during the dragon tendrils phase. After that I stopped paying attention to the sticker. But halfway through the divine fire phase, the sticker disappeared!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I just got it yesterday but I was standing quite a ways back, actually outside where the ring of fire for the second phase. But I also had two guildies doing it with me, who already had their achievement.

Don’t know if that will help or not.

Recursionist.7062

I just got it yesterday but I was standing quite a ways back, actually outside where the ring of fire for the second phase. But I also had two guildies doing it with me, who already had their achievement.

Don’t know if that will help or not.

Yes I’ve also tried this today but to no avail. (not with a party though, because nobody in my guild wants to) The sticker still got removed after the second tendril phase even though I took no noticeable damage/hit from any rocks, other than tendrils and dragon claws during divine fire phase.

It should be easy to do this. Just immediately move when you see a red circle spawn on you during dragon’s head, and dodge whenever the arena gets clustered with red circles during the tendril phase. And yet this just doesn’t work. I swear there must be something wrong with the achievement >_>

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

probably was the earth line multi attack the first attack isnt telegraphed

Recursionist.7062

The earthquake in the middle that cripples you? THAT removes the achievement?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

The earthquake in the middle that cripples you? THAT removes the achievement?

yeah. you need to dodge that too

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

The easiest way to complete this is to have a friend help you (their story start) and die before the event starts and let them solo it.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

The easiest way to complete this is to have a friend help you (their story start) and die before the event starts and let them solo it.

Yup. After many fruitless attempts (yay, reset mote), we gave up and decided to go with this method.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You’re given like a ~2s warning. If you’ve realized the pattern, you can predict it far in advance. The entire line of falling rocks works like a progress bar. As soon as the last rock falls, the claw attacks will begin again. You’re meant to use this window to light the fire without interruption. For example.

Posted by: Flakkenmarsh.6573

Flakkenmarsh.6573

That’s how we did it too. We ended up doing it multiple times so everyone has a chance to be dead. It’s the easiest way, and you get all the achievements at once (if your group pops all the flowers).