Rodgort not getting an update.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

So I was watching the recent livestream and heard about all the awesome legendary changes but then it came to the Rodgort torch which won’t be receiving any changes “because it’s pretty rad”.

“because its pretty rad”…

This is one of the most underwhelming legendaries in the game. Its footsteps don’t stick out very well nor does the fire on your hand, it doesn’t add any particle effects to skills, and pretty much the only impressive thing it does is breath fire when you first draw it. The only thing that sticks out with this weapon in combat is the fire on your wrist and the footprints, and if you already have a legendary in the main-hand the footprints are gone.

I really hope she was mistaken because this legendary really needs an update, far more than some of the other weapons did.

Posted by: Muesli.9104

Muesli.9104

One of the most? For a “legendary” almost ALL are underwhelming, considering what time and MONEY you have to invest to forge only 1.

General for all legendaries, they should modify how skills look. (its a lot of work, but hell the people farming for this stuff work even more).

Bolt:
-[ie.]Thief S/P 3 gets little lightning sparks while being swung (not just from the blade itself),
-S/P 5 gets little electric sparks while its active.
-S/P 4 gets a new projectile color. (nothing used by another skill to avoid confusion)
-At a random intervall from 10-30 seconds, a random lightning sound.

Dreamer:
Footprints (which it will likely get)
Aura
Little trail off the weapon

Juggernaut:
-Quicksilver flying off the weapon when a warrior/guard smashes it into the ground
-Small quicksilver drops drop from the character (not much, it shouldn’t look like he/she came right out of water)
-Instead of the drops a slow “moving” skin, similar to the tip of the Meteorlogicus pre.
-More noticeable footprints, which reflect better the more light is falling on it.

Incinerator:
-ANYTHING to be seen when ooc.
-Actual aura
-Similar changes to projectiles/combo fields, like the bolt (not just for thieves)
-Random intervall crackling of fire.

Minstrel:
-Aura
-Footsteps
-New effects for skills
-Random intervall jingles
-Musical notes fall off the character and keep lying on the ground for a few seconds. (and maybe if others step on them they can hear a sound)
-Notes fly around the arm/body

Waterlegendaries:

Effects that can be seen outside of water. (Aura, footprints, special glow)

Similar effects/ideas for other legendaries, to make the game more coloful.
+Effect toggler (you can decide how many effects you want to see 20%/50% or100%)

(edited by Muesli.9104)

Posted by: Snype Cyclos.7391

Snype Cyclos.7391

This saddens me. Incinerator and Frostfang are getting updated footfalls, but Rodgort isn’t? The Dreamer is now getting footfalls too? Apparently shooting giant unicorns out wasn’t noticeable enough, clearly not more than the little flame around our forearm when we hold Rodgort.

If it’s a question of mainhand vs. offhand, then make offhand legendaries cheaper. Rodgort cost me just as much as many of the mainhand legendaries, it should have just as large of an effect.

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

It’s all subjective I guess.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Rodgort really could have used better footfall, but since a lot of people don’t have it or use torch nobody really cares…

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

One of the most? For a “legendary” almost ALL are underwhelming, considering what time and MONEY you have to invest to forge only 1.

General for all legendaries, they should modify how skills look. (its a lot of work, but hell the people farming for this stuff work even more).

Agreed. I have both Kudzu and Frostfang and my favorite part about them is about how they modify the projectiles, which is what most of their skills use. Rodgort on the other hand doesn’t even change the throw torch skill on my ranger. Heck, if i were to use it with my Frostfang the only thing that will give out thakittens a legendary is my hand being on fire. A simple asura torch with its particle trail would stick out more!

It would be nice if all legendaries would affect all their respective skills. Rodgort for example, should turn throw torch into a flaming dragons head and bonfire should get some unique particles.

And why don’t footsteps cycle when you use 2 legendaries? It would be awesome if when using Frostfang and Rodgort for example, the steps would cycle between fire and ice.

(edited by Bri.8354)

Posted by: InSta.7409

InSta.7409

I couldn’t agree more. When she said, “I think Rodgort actually didn’t get any changes because it’s pretty rad” I was extremely disappointed. That doesn’t mean she could be mistaken (I’m holding out hope). The fact is, its similar to the Juggernaut or the Moot in terms of footprints. It’s sad that people can do skills and generate more flame trails then someone wielding a LEGENDARY TORCH. And skill 5, (breathing fire animation) should be unique. It shouldn’t be like every torch in the game. Other than those 2 things, the overall look of Rodgort is awesome and shouldn’t be changed.

It would be awesome if they did an animation like the Kamohoali’i Kotaki (the shark spear legendary) does when a shark comes out when using a skill, if rodgort a dragon came out and breathe’d the fire instead you breathe a blue flame like every other torch in the game

In all honesty I was just hoping the footprints would get an upgrade so it could at least be seen and noticeable like the others.

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

=I If you had footprints, you can hardly complain about Dreamer needing an update. OTHER than the shooting effects, it had NOTHING.