Roleplayers?

Roleplayers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brian Ponder.9017

Brian Ponder.9017

I know I’m sure to get some flack for this, but are there any roleplayers who play Gw2?

I mean Roleplayers who use the world and it’s lore alongside their own personal stories made up for their characters.

For example, My ranger is a human who came from outside divinities reach and knows little about their gods and their natural lives, and thus is taking up arms in defense of his fellow man and woman because he wants to feel accepted in this new land and learn more about their “world”. (Tiny sliver of story, I’m actually so into the lore of the game so far that I’ve started a small book/collection of my characters and their stories.)

I know with megaservers, it’s difficult to find a dedicated server for roleplay, and while I’ve heard tarnished coast is the RP server, I picked Dragonbrand because TC was full at the time. Is there any way to tag myself as a roleplayer so that I get placed around more roleplayers in general?

Roleplayers?

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

Sadly this has been requested a bunch, there is no way to tag to yourself as a role player, some argue for a good reason (RPrs tend to get trolled a lot) We used to have a pretty active RP community but theyve gone into hiding because of the hate.

You could try searching around some of the Forums and maybe someone will find you, TC is the dedicated RP server, when I was on DB for 2 years we really didnt have much of a RP community, maybe with the megaserver things may have gotten easier.

Crystal Desert

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’d recommend just exploring a little bit with say chat on. I’ve seen a load of roleplayers hiding in the “nooks and crannies” of Tyria.

I often find them in Rata Sum and Durmand Priory.

Currently (right now) I can see a very large group of role players speaking in say chat in Southsun Cove.

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I suggest poking around on this website: http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

Edit: And try finding an RP guild / group of friends. You have a high chance of getting into the same map as your guildies and friends.

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you are able to transfer to Tarnished Coast (NA) or Piken Square (EU), the megaserver will be more likely to put you in map shards holding RPers. You can try guesting over as well, then wander the racial cities watching your emotes chat until you spot people RPing.

Check the 2RP link Diovid posted as well, in the guild recruitment section. There are quite a few guilds that no matter what their guild name have elected [RP] as their tag. If you spot them in the game you can ask for help finding RP. Just don’t ask while they are in the middle of organizing a Teq fight or something like that

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

A few days ago I came across a bunch of role players in a tavern in Ebonhawke. I was with my Charr warrior getting the place explored and hearts done when I noticed role play chat. I actually love listening in on role play, some of it is quite fascinating, but I’ve always been reserved about jumping in as I don’t want to make things awkward.

So I decided that I would be a background character so to speak. I set myself to walk (can’t have a Charr just running into a tavern), and while all this chat was going on, I walked inside the tavern and approached the bar.

Me: “Barkeep, a drink please.”

There was actually a player behind the bar, and he walked over to me.

Barkeep: “What’ll you have”
Me: “Ale, make it two.”

He walked back to a different part of the bar, crouched down to make it look like he was getting something, and walked back.

Barkeep: “Here you are sir.”
Me: “Thanks!”

Then I used the /me function to describe how I drank down the first ale in 4 gulps, but spent some time to savor the second one. Then I described handing over more than enough money and telling the barkeep to keep the change before walking out the door.

That small interaction there was so full of awesome for me and I really hope that added to whatever the real role players were doing by making the scene be more alive.

To the OP, just keep your eyes open on the chat. I’ve witnessed plenty of role play action in places like Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, Wizard’s Feif, and Ebonhawke as described above. Good luck and have fun!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

Ah, makes me think back to this short but sweet thread…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/charr/Cheeky-Charr/first#post4549885

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Emergencee.8259

Emergencee.8259

Every time I’ve been in the Grove recently, there’s been a ton of roleplay going on. I never used to see it, but there’s been a huge spike in about the past two weeks or so. If you go down to the waterfall room, there’s almost always someone performing some sort of ritual now. It’s way cool.

Roleplayers?

Posted by: cagiepoo.8162

cagiepoo.8162

I’ve noticed a lot of players RP’ng in Rata Sum maybe try there get in contact with some of them and go from there. They will either let you join in or point you in the right direction to other RP’ers or an RP guild.

Fortitudinem et honorem

[iQ] Intrinsic Quality

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

Wait, isn’t there an RP guild called the Cog Warband or something like that? Are they still around? I don’t think I’ve seen them out and about in a while.

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

A few days ago I came across a bunch of role players in a tavern in Ebonhawke. I was with my Charr warrior getting the place explored and hearts done when I noticed role play chat. I actually love listening in on role play, some of it is quite fascinating, but I’ve always been reserved about jumping in as I don’t want to make things awkward.

So I decided that I would be a background character so to speak. I set myself to walk (can’t have a Charr just running into a tavern), and while all this chat was going on, I walked inside the tavern and approached the bar.

Me: “Barkeep, a drink please.”

There was actually a player behind the bar, and he walked over to me.

Barkeep: “What’ll you have”
Me: “Ale, make it two.”

He walked back to a different part of the bar, crouched down to make it look like he was getting something, and walked back.

Barkeep: “Here you are sir.”
Me: “Thanks!”

Then I used the /me function to describe how I drank down the first ale in 4 gulps, but spent some time to savor the second one. Then I described handing over more than enough money and telling the barkeep to keep the change before walking out the door.

That small interaction there was so full of awesome for me and I really hope that added to whatever the real role players were doing by making the scene be more alive.

To the OP, just keep your eyes open on the chat. I’ve witnessed plenty of role play action in places like Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, Wizard’s Feif, and Ebonhawke as described above. Good luck and have fun!

Little do you realize, you were a real roleplayer.

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Yup. There are. They’re especially painful prevalent in Rata Sum and Black Citadel, drinking all day and making CW-worthy conversation. =P

Not to fault it. I’m a very avid roleplayer, and I have tons of characters in GW2 ready to go for that purpose. My guild has the occasional casual RP or story RP night, and it’s been fun.

Like someone said above, if you find the less-traveled areas, you might find some good ones to listen in (aka “lamping”). Or if there’s a good bar scene going, see if you can listen in. Sometimes RP groups have specific goals in mind, so you might want to whisper a player to see if it’s okay to jump in.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

So I’ve recently become more interested in the roleplaying in this game. Someone told me the DR on the Tarnished Coast server had the most activity. But I still don’t know how to know when one is starting, and where to go, when or where one already in progress is, etc. My question is basically what can you tell me about roleplaying?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

start adding RP players into your friend list so u can end on same map sometimes, or look for RP guild.

“By observation RP specimen, are just players that stand still looking at game artwork(j/k) "

>:}

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

But how can I find those people in the first place? lol

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Roleplayers?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Fenom.9457, ask in map chat main cities, pve is megaserver so no boundaries and u might find rp’s from several servers.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.