I get to the loading screen… and DC.

So close, yet so far away.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Rollback details

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zylph.7891

Zylph.7891

Wait dident patch go live at 18:00 so why is the rollback 2h and 20 mins instead of 35mins?

Surely you create a backup before you patch right?

I would assume that the left over time delta you are referring to is the time it takes to complete a backup. This means they would have to start said backup about an hour and 50 minutes prior to implementing a patch.

Rollback details

Posted by: Mazus.2704

Mazus.2704

this is the most serious damage on your servers so far!

GO DEVS GO DEVS YOU CAN DO IT! WOOOHOO!

Rollback details

Posted by: Magnus Pym.2356

Magnus Pym.2356

Looks like there’s an issue still. I can’t get anywhere after I’ve selected my character.

Rollback details

Posted by: Borne Trickster.8254

Borne Trickster.8254

WONDERFUL! Thank you for your hard work!

Nari, Sylvari Necromancer of [Envy]

Rollback details

Posted by: Fenrir.3670

Fenrir.3670

hopefully this means i can claim my ascended chest drop from T3 fractal daily
as I got it 15 min before i got kicked from the game.
though I managed to deposit it in my bank
other than that i will have to re complete my t3 fractal expert achievement.

Rollback details

Posted by: Mamma il Dio.2074

Mamma il Dio.2074

As we previously posted, today’s release unfortunately contained a bug that damaged character records, and in response we’ve taken down the game servers and are in the process of rolling back the state of the game to where it was before the release.

We shut down the game servers at approximately 11:30 am PDT (18:30 GMT), and we’re rolling back the game state to 9:10 am PDT (16:10 GMT), so there’s a 2h 20m window where all changes to the game are being rolled back. Here are the details for what will happen to various changes made during that window.

If you created a new account during that time period, you’ll have to create it again. If you changed an account, for example changing your password or applying two-factor authentication, you’ll have to redo that change. If the customer support team changed your account for you, for example restoring it to you, they’ll redo that change over the next 24 hours.

If you purchased the game on an existing account, we’ll restore your purchase. If you purchased the game on a newly created account, you’ll need to recreate your account. We’ll contact you so we can restore your purchase after you have recreated your account.

If you purchased gems, we’ll restore the gems. If you purchased an item using gems, that purchase will be rolled back, and you’ll have your gems back. You can purchase again. If you purchased a sale item that’s no longer on sale, you can purchase again, then contact customer support for a refund of the difference between the current price and the sale price.

All in-game transactions are being rolled back, including transactions through the currency exchange, trading post, guild bank, and in-game mail. The trading post will come back online after the rest of the game does, and with buy and sell offers back where they were prior to this morning’s release.

Character progress made during the affected time period is being rolled back. If you had an extreme situation, for example you got a precursor from the mystic forge and then had that rolled back, contact our customer support team and we’ll try to help you.

Thank you for bearing with us through this process. We’ll be back online soon.

Mo

Rollback details

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

I just wanted to get in tbh, so I’m one happy camper.

Rollback details

Posted by: DeltaInsanity.5643

DeltaInsanity.5643

Thanks to everyone working on solving this problem, and thank you for all the updates, it’s really nice to see devs spending the time to update the players on what’s going on with their game!!

Much appreciated!

Rollback details

Mamma il Dio.2074

Hello, during that time I was probably in the process of crafting a legendary that i then finished around 5 gmt? . I made several purchases at the TP to make the gifts etc. What is going to happen? I am mostly worried if I would have to recraft the mystic clovers at the forge. Thanks in advance!

Rollback details

Posted by: raistlinx.4906

raistlinx.4906

Really impressed with the great communication throughout the day! Other companies could learn from this.

Rollback details

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Have to admit they laid out all of the possible details and what couldn’t be was contact us and we’ll take care of it (of course within reason and work together in those cases). I don’t recall this being done at all since I’ve played GW2 (public open beta’s) so can only guess it isn’t a norm but was documented or tested once or twice

Nothing like a fire in the morning but good to see everything is calm, cool, and collect – and no one got hurt

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Rollback details

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

I’m not a computer scientist, but I’m just curious about something. Do you have to be physically present at the servers to do the rollback, or can a lot of this work be done remotely (from home, for example). I suppose it would depend on the specific problem. I’m just picturing people running about feverishly in the server room(s), trying to get things in order. Anyone wish to comment?

Rollback details

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Getting a white screen after character select entering a map;

Network Error.

Please check your internet connection and try again.
(Code=1083:5:7:1595:101)

Gonna’ suck if I have to craft 100 each of the Scribe crafting kits and all the TP purchases I made etc, but thanks for the info and good work on getting things back into shape.

It’s inconvenient we know this but it happens sometimes which is understandable, and thankfully if I recall correctly this is the first ever major rollback for Gw2?

Rollback details

Posted by: Jimmito.1586

Jimmito.1586

Will PvP pips also go back to what we had in the morning?

Rollback details

Posted by: GravityVSGaming.3897

GravityVSGaming.3897

I appreciate the update.

Rollback details

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I have to say your positive comments and support have been wonderful. I mean, this is Mo’s thread, but I’m going to jump in and say “thanks” for that.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Rollback details

Zephyra.4709

Despite not playing pvp at the time, I too, would like to know this.

Also – what about placing guild hall decorations/crafting them? I made around 100 guild catas plus a handful of other decorations which was painful to sit through whilst browsing & making TP purchases.

Rollback details

Posted by: vasekg.3562

vasekg.3562

I got dropped Invisible Boots before game srash (about 11,00 Prague time zone) so i hope that rollback time will be same for trading post, i dont want loose 3000 gold And for my luck i got everythink on pictures for my friends

Rollback details

Posted by: Cala Elenion.8359

Cala Elenion.8359

Network error after I select my character

Rollback details

Posted by: iHaukka.2815

iHaukka.2815

So I was one the unfortunate guys to activate HoT during that timeline. Any ETA when will I get my purchase reactivated? Thanks

One does simply walk into keeps

Rollback details

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Network Error.

Same here.

Looks like not all the ANet staff gets to go home tonight.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Rollback details

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Loving this communication. It makes all the difference. Thank you!

Rollback details

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

thanks for the update, and the amazing communications efforts throughout this entire thing. you guys should be proud of yourselves for how you handled this!

thank you to everyone at Anet today for all your hard work in getting things up and running again

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Rollback details

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Yeah, also getting the connection error message. Well back to playing Goldeneye: Source.

Rollback details

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

Network Error.

Same for me too.

Rollback details

Posted by: fate.3724

fate.3724

Network Error.

Same for me too.

Same situation here after long loading screen

Rollback details

Posted by: Nagataka.8469

Nagataka.8469

Game is up and running again.
Thanks for the quick handling & the awesome communication.
Now al i need todo is wait for the TP to get back =]

Rollback details

Posted by: Newsin.1945

Newsin.1945

I have to say your positive comments and support have been wonderful. I mean, this is Mo’s thread, but I’m going to jump in and say “thanks” for that.

Thats because the GW2 community is pretty awesome.

Rollback details

Posted by: BadFurDay.2807

BadFurDay.2807

Network Error.

Same for me too.

Same situation here after long loading screen

Same here as well.

Rollback details

Posted by: Brokenmoon.3650

Brokenmoon.3650

Looks like the game is back up and running great!! I am in Rata Sum, and it is packed with players. If you had your game client open, try closing it, and restarting the program. It may have some updates to do, mine did.

Rollback details

Posted by: Jericento.3165

Jericento.3165

Um, this is more than a 2.5 hour rollback. I spent gems, time and everything re-speccing my Ranger/Druid (well before the ‘glitch’) and ALL of that is gone. Gem purchase, the changes… poof.

Is it safe to start that process all over again? Or do I wait…

Rollback details

Mamma il Dio.2074

I got dropped Invisible Boots before game srash (about 11,00 Prague time zone) so i hope that rollback time will be same for trading post, i dont want loose 3000 gold And for my luck i got everythink on pictures for my friends

Hey gz! hope nothing is going to be messed up! By the way could you tell me where did the drop come from? out of the daily chest or as normal drop? I’d appreciate that, thanks ^^

Rollback details

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Yes, whatever progression you had on PvP got rolled back as well. If you won or lost pip, it will go back to the same amount you had before the period window between the backup and the patch.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Rollback details

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’ve been kinda on the sidelines this whole time as I only woke up when you started your rollbacks but this communication seems pretty tops to me. Really glad to see it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Rollback details

Posted by: Haedirn.6251

Haedirn.6251

network error

Rollback details

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

network error

Same, I can’t get on any of my characters

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Rollback details

Posted by: Thoehn.7460

Thoehn.7460

Hrmm… I log in, but after WP to Fields of Ruin and being there maybe half a minute, I am booted again, then log back in in LA with the “WP has become contested” message. I have restarted client, but that doesn’t seem to work.
edit And I lose my WP cost every time I try. Think I’ll give it a while… lol

(edited by Thoehn.7460)

Rollback details

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Network Error.

Same for me too.

Turn it off and on again.

Rollback details

Posted by: Endilbiach.4132

Endilbiach.4132

Thank you for your hard work, I feel for you guys and this unfortunate error, go get some rest as I’m sure you’ve been working your kitten s off all day trying to fix this.

Oh, and put Aetherblade armor back in the Gem Store! I want the Heavy armor so badly.

Rollback details

Posted by: AsharaDayne.7432

AsharaDayne.7432

Never seeing before such a nice community, including Anet people. Nice work today fixing the bug and updating us.

Rollback details

Zephyra.4709

Network Error.

Same for me too.

Game seems to be working fine now, no crashes yet.

Rollback details

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Yea I’m getting the DC’d back to character select with that network error every few minutes even on different characters (someone mentioned something about max crafting but I tried a character who doesn’t have that and still got booted). I keep trying to teleport over to Field of Ruin to do the daily but can’t stay online long enough. Also every time I log back on, I’m back where I started, so the game seems to be rolling my character back a few minutes each time it DC’s me. I did try closing the client but it didn’t help.

I’m just a bit sad because I won’t be online tomorrow before the dailies reset. :\

Attachments:

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Rollback details

Posted by: vasekg.3562

vasekg.3562

Hey gz! hope nothing is going to be messed up! By the way could you tell me where did the drop come from? out of the daily chest or as normal drop? I’d appreciate that, thanks ^^

Its drop from Treasure Mushroom

Rollback details

Posted by: securegeek.7952

securegeek.7952

I think everyone that survived the GREAT 2016 outage deserves either a Mike O’Brien Mini or some kind of Mike O’Brien mask.
Dooo It ANET

Rollback details

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

Well I think for those of us who are familiar with MMO’s can say that it is amazing that in the practically 4 years GW2 has been out, it’s amazing that this is the first time this has happened.

An MMO is an incredibly complex type of game and impossible to squash all bugs prior to a release. Those of us familiar with “another game” can well recall nearly every patch of that one having this type of thing happen.

But yes, the communication has been fantastic on the ANET side and I am very appreciative of that.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Rollback details

Posted by: Standen.3479

Standen.3479

It will take time for the servers to be back to normal, don’t worry.

Good job on getting the issue fixed so quickly and keeping us informed Anet and thanks for all the hard work. Also thanks to all those in GW1’s LA, brought back a lot of nostalgia.

Rollback details

Johje Holan.4607

Network Error.

Same for me too.

Game seems to be working fine now, no crashes yet.

I was serious. For anyone having problems, turn your computer off – do a shut down. If its a laptop, shut down, disconnect the power supply, take out the battery. Wait 30 seconds.

Turn it back on.

We have a joke in our IT department. Shut down, undock, redock. I always add the take out the battery part. Works wonders quite often.

Rollback details

Johje Holan.4607

Forum bug.

Rollback details

Posted by: cookielty.9183

cookielty.9183

we just keep getting disconnected over and over (everybody on the same map, at least)…
over ten times now!

(edited by cookielty.9183)