Rollback on changes ETA?

Rollback on changes ETA?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Wookie, there are players on the Dungeons sub-forums confirming that the Arah path 2 bug with Belka has been around before and has been fixed with a very good consistency. However, after the patch hit the servers last night, P2 died completely as Belka wont trigger at all.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Synesh.1094

Synesh.1094

This is a MMO, it can change back. It has to. This is nothing as big as a megaserver, this can be redone and it has to for it kills some of the funniest part of making an alt. And about the Personal Story.
Taking back the old, much more well tough and linear storyline that actualy made sense and it was rewarding at the end when you see the Eye of Zhaitan fall while all the people you’ve meet in your LS cheer for you?
Or at least make it follow the old time line again and add a 7.5 step that goes from lvl 75-80 that involves also the Cut Content?

For those that don’t know yet the personal stories that involved the Engineer Tomb and Crusader Apatia (And with her the quest to get the orb out of krait hands to protect Fort Trinity from the Influence of Zhaitan) are all gone.
That has to be one of the biggest waste of development money and time I ever saw in am MMO.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Anet will fix the bugs. For the most part they are pretty good at that. Don’t expect a full rollback though. That’s not going to happen.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

After seeing the front page of the reddit. Perhaps they will seriously adjust the system. Haven’t seen a kittenstorm this big since What Scarlet Saw (not counting #OCCUPYSAB2014/interviews).

A complete rollback is not going to happen though. At least I wouldn’t expect it.

Also I heard about the late PS changes. Those changes I don’t like. Apparently PS doesn’t flow with the Orr maps any more, among other things. Do not like.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g02mx/the_personal_story_doesnt_make_sense_since_the/

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

I think we should all also settle for the fact that we’d certainly not get an answer from ANet right the way. You know that those have to be completely polished before posting since we tend to put every word out of the context if it’d support our opinion. I’d be happy to see some kind of a recognition on the players feedback so far though.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: NGE.1362

NGE.1362

Can we make a petition ? for they to Rollback this … this thing… ??
I’m also a Veteran, and i will never create a new toon with this crapy system ..

And like i’ve seen on reddit, i’m so sorry for the new players …
They will miss the magic of this game because of this bad decisions.

So maybe its time for us to make a point :
create petition for a rollback, or stop buying thing from Anet.
Anything for they to stop destroying this game .

Gandara – Commander
[Lusa]Dluis Pt

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

I don’t think a petition is needed for all this. If there’s a sane person left in ANet, he will know that something has to change by all the negative feedback just in the first 24 hours after the release. As I said on my previous post though, anyone who is to undertake the job to reply to the community and make a promise is currently getting a lot of weight on one’s shoulders so ANet will probably wait a bit and find the best way to reply to the community.

I just hope that all those threads don’t die out with a part of the disappointed playerbase by then.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: JOO TOO.5193

JOO TOO.5193

I honestly don’t think a rollback is in order, nor do I like the new heavily dumbed down leveling system, and I cannot find anyone I know who likes it either.

The largest overarching issue here is it strongly appears anet did not think a number of these changes through, or tested them properly, and when coupled with anet’s history of bad communication, it feels very alienating, and doubly so as a ‘veteran’ player of almost 2 years. The teasers for this patch alone spurred something of an exodus from my server and guild, we will recover if things stay stable, but I’m hearing more and more frustration as good, helpful, and GEM BUYING players slowly lose the little things that they love in this game. good morning, guten morgen, bonjour (name that line, then try and find it now)

What I would like to see happen is bringing back the old skill unlock mechanics, and let lowbies interact with vistas and skill points, possibly triggering a little tutorial and unlocking their markers on the map after their 1st encounter with one. I would also like to see a downed state tutorial, preferably in the starting instance, or possibly the first time you go down, and you get double HP or something so you have time to read the tooltips and such. I doubt it’ll happen, but that’s what I would like, and it definitely won’t happen if no one knows you want it.

Mostly I want to see anet stop trying to fix things that ARE NOT BROKEN, and focus primarily on things that undeniably are broken and END GAME CONTENT. Dry top is a start, the LS it’s tied to not as much(nice way to introduce new maps though), follow up with more maps, hopefully a new dungeon. WvW seasons were a good idea, but has gotten stale all to quickly. PvP reward tracks are good, but new game match modes would be better, like deathmatch, or king of the hill, possibly capture the flag someday.

(edited by JOO TOO.5193)

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

Well, it seems that ANet is currently putting a lot of effort and people into communicating around the forums. Chris Cleary on the dungeons subforums, Colin Johanson, GM Talon, Stephane on the general discussions. Obviously, we wont get even partial rollback on the changes made so far but at least the current activity from ANet’s side gives me a tiny bit of hope that we might see changes … soon.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: FerrenoNL.7928

FerrenoNL.7928

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

Please don’t insult each other, guys, the thread is for discussions not brainless attacks towards the members of the community who like the feature pack. I guess I should update the OP with the rest of the information that players report they’ve noticed in-game.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

[quote=4388686;Vayne.8563:]

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Messing up things is normal sometimes (quite too much for anet but …).

Players are hungry because in the past, when they messed up badly things, they refused to rollback.

They did an experiment, it went totally wrong.
If for once they rollback everything it would just earn some trust back from players.

If they instead keeps on defending what we have, people gets upset.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Invictus.5197

Invictus.5197

As much as wed like to see a rollback, it will never happen. There is no way a company would voluntarily admit to the gigantic mistake theyve made and let itself go of any respect and value it held. No, they (and we….if we choose) will go through with it, whatever the cost.

ff14 took its game offline and totally rebuilt it saying in short we kittened up we are sorry we will rebuild it for you

with the hate in China and here it would be stupid not to roll it back 1 patch
simple and effective then they can put the good stuff in and keep the garbage out like the new player experience and lvl gated skills

3rd gen I5@3.8GHZ 660TI DC SOC
8gigs ddr3@1666mhz 1tb hd@7700rpm
win764bit home 750wht thermaltake psu

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Patch was pure disaster except guild part.

Attachments:

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: FerrenoNL.7928

FerrenoNL.7928

Are Anets forums hosted in China? I keep getting “Cannot find topic with that permalink!” quite frequently.

Anet, ever considered the proper way to get rid of those threads is not to remove them, but do extensive testing and more community involvement to prevent those threads from popping up for starters?

#ROLLBACKorRIOT… right?

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

So, as you’ve probably noticed ANet, a very big part of the community is unhappy about some of the changes introduced by the feature pack, including:

Ah, another self-elected community manager… Well, I’m quite happy about the recent changes – not about everything, but all in all they did a pretty good job. Didn’t notice so far anyone in my guild or in mapchat complaining heavily…

• Stealth changes to HotW story mode, CoE story mode, Arah Path 2, toggling the paths to be impossible to complete

Errr, no. Nothing new and what they changed doesn’t bother experienced dungeon runners at all. There are other ways to fix/avoid it btw (no nomad-bla required).

There’s no way, a person could miss the newly introduced Arah pt2 bug.

As a passionate GW player and QA member… how could you miss the forum posts about this old bug?

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

It would be a very good idea if they did that. I’m sort of a altoholic and cant get myself to play furter until a rollback. The Forced, restrictive gated leveling experience right now is not healthy (its mentaly exhausting in my opinion)and i wouldnt recomend the game right now to someone.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

I’m quite happy about the recent changes – not about everything, but all in all they did a pretty good job. Didn’t notice so far anyone in my guild or in mapchat complaining heavily…

I’m sorry, but…. a good job? No. Even if you like every single content change in this patch, this patch is still not a good job. Arenanet tried to do way too much at once, and it shows. This might just be the buggiest version of the game since launch (but not as buggy as launch). Not being able to change skills, the interact function not always working properly, profession trainers in low level areas telling level 80 characters that they need more experience before learning traits, the HORRIBLE scaling issues…. I’m sorry, but this is in no way a good patch. Even if you like the fundamental changes to the game, they still needed to be done gradually over the course of a few months or more. Some of the bugs were so bad that I was literally laughing at how bad they were. At least that was something that this patch had in common with launch: laughing at how horrendous the glitches are.

The launch bugs were a lot funnier, though, especially the ones that were less game-breaking. Anyone remember shooting up out of the water with an engineer? Man, that was some funny stuff. In this patch we mostly got some basic game functions not always working properly and a compass that doesn’t work.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

The camera “fix” was actually suggested by players for norn and charrs.
Looks like ANet still doesn’t know the term “optional”.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Or, like it’s been asked many times before, a Z-Axis slider. You know Anet, for the thing players like most, customization!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

Ah, another self-elected community manager… Well, I’m quite happy about the recent changes – not about everything, but all in all they did a pretty good job. Didn’t notice so far anyone in my guild or in mapchat complaining heavily…

Ah, another forum warrior who didn’t take his time to read through the topic or actually think on the fact I said “large part” not community as a “whole”.

Errr, no. Nothing new and what they changed doesn’t bother experienced dungeon runners at all. There are other ways to fix/avoid it btw (no nomad-bla required).

Are you you serious? We have people reporting that you can not proceed with the instance itself because an event inside there does not trigger. Go tell me how to run past Belka and do Path 2, please. And what’s the gear relation in here?

As a passionate GW player and QA member… how could you miss the forum posts about this old bug?

Have you thought that I maybe joined Guild Wars after the bug was fixed or should I have been here since release so that I can speak my opinion?

Cloud of Sparrows

(edited by winterchillz.2564)

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Ah, this place. It comes from all sides, doesn’t at?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

All the people who complain they don’t have all their skills while leveling aren’t convincing me that they’re using all their skills while leveling.

As someone who does use all their skills as they get them, I’m gonna go right ahead and say that whilst I can’t convice you by any means, I do use all my skills and facts are facts.

I ? Karkas.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Mister zeeRo.8561

Mister zeeRo.8561

Please sticky this post, April’s feature patch was horrible this one is just as bad

Unlocking Traits is a Nightmare since April 2014
One year & 90+ pages of outcry later : NOTHING

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

No wonder bugs didn’t get caught in testing

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

So, as you’ve probably noticed ANet, a very big part of the community is unhappy about some of the changes introduced by the feature pack, including:

• Stealth changes to HotW story mode, CoE story mode, Arah Path 2, toggling the paths to be impossible to complete

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Please turn the mapchat on then or look around the forums. They did not do a good job, they made a lot of things worse (while adding some genuinely good things). < This is up to opinions.
The fact that they broke DOZENS of things isn’t arguable and should NOT happen and is NOT up to opinions. I’m fine with minor bugs or bugs relating to the new content, but please QA kitten .

Arah p2, HotW and CoE Story are BUGGED OUT, you CAN’T complete them no matter what. This has been acknowledged by the devs, if you say otherwise, you’re sprouting bullkitten. Arah p2 had a chance to bug out before this patch, but you were able to not let it bug. As it is now, it bugs every time, no matter what you do.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Please turn the mapchat on then or look around the forums. They did not do a good job, they made a lot of things worse (while adding some genuinely good things). < This is up to opinions.
The fact that they broke DOZENS of things isn’t arguable and should NOT happen and is NOT up to opinions. I’m fine with minor bugs or bugs relating to the new content, but please QA kitten .

Arah p2, HotW and CoE Story are BUGGED OUT, you CAN’T complete them no matter what. This has been acknowledged by the devs, if you say otherwise, you’re sprouting bullkitten. Arah p2 had a chance to bug out before this patch, but you were able to not let it bug. As it is now, it bugs every time, no matter what you do.

At least you know they are bugged.
Fractal is worse because you have more than 1/3 chances you will get cliffside and get stuck.

That is why fractals 30-50 lfgS are empty since patch

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

Putting all these “important” features into the game must have taken thousands of hours – good thing that no one wanted guild capes, or a new profession or an expansion or dungeon paths or precusor scavenger hunt…

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Toumeitou.8596

Toumeitou.8596

Level gating/simplifying/blocking the UI = ok/whatever/I don’t care.
Level gating the actual skills/abilities/features = really, really bad.

Yet everyone makes mistakes for whatever reasons. I’m sure ANet has a reason. BUT this IS a bad feature, so a rollback on this would raise my respect for ANet immensely.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I still haven’t tried out the new leveling system but the hundreds of posts about it plus the videos I’ve been watching create an image of something very tedious in my head.

This is the exact problem with the forums. Most of the ones screaming about how terrible these changes are have not actually played the changes themselves. They just read what other people are posting (who also have not played the changes) and then regurgitate it. I have a feeling Anet knows this. It’s probably one of the reasons they don’t put too much stock in what people say in the forums.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Most of the ones screaming about how terrible these changes are have not actually played the changes themselves.

Source please?

You’re doing the same thing you’re accusing other people of – assuming.

20 level 80s and counting.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I still haven’t tried out the new leveling system but the hundreds of posts about it plus the videos I’ve been watching create an image of something very tedious in my head.

This is the exact problem with the forums. Most of the ones screaming about how terrible these changes are have not actually played the changes themselves. They just read what other people are posting (who also have not played the changes) and then regurgitate it. I have a feeling Anet knows this. It’s probably one of the reasons they don’t put too much stock in what people say in the forums.

+1

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

And what about those who have played with those changes, don’t like it and come to the forums and complain? It’s not like those people don’t exist hmm?

You’re doing the same thing you’re accusing other people of – assuming.

exactly

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

Putting all these “important” features into the game must have taken thousands of hours – good thing that no one wanted guild capes, or a new profession or an expansion or dungeon paths or precusor scavenger hunt…

I cant understand this move either. They are wasting so much time on such a useless changes. Things just went from bad to worse. After two years, i think i can safely say, they wont focus on important things for sure. So much time wasted on this crap omg.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

I cant understand this move either. They are wasting so much time on such a useless changes. Things just went from bad to worse. After two years, i think i can safely say, they wont focus on important things for sure. So much time wasted on this crap omg.

Exactly. And after the feedback regarding living story season 2 and the Dry Top map have been so suprisingly positive, why not do more of that? But no, let’s take a 3 month break and “fix” things that aren’t broken. Arenanets resource management is really messed up. And that’s putting it mildly.

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

I’m sorry but I don’t have a free character slot nor am I willing to invest in one right now after the patch and the current price of gems.

I’ve already seen Mike’s video and have spoken to a couple of friends who tried it out and their opinion is the same as mine. I approve of the rewards per level, but locking out weapon skills, downed mode, vistas and skill points plus the GPS thingy in the top right, is just pure ridicule with everyone who’s rolling an alt or joining the game.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

It’s like my friends/guild/social circle would deliberately give a bad opinion of a change for no reason, right?

I ? Karkas.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

LOL at those that think a rollback is even something they would consider….I note how successful the #SABorRIOT movement was….. GG.

They did this to consolidate code between versions of the game….they are NOT going back on that main goal (as imperfect as the results may be).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Rollback on changes ETA?

HHR LostProphet.4801

LOL at those that think a rollback is even something they would consider….I note how successful the #SABorRIOT movement was….. GG.

They did this to consolidate code between versions of the game….they are NOT going back on that main goal (as imperfect as the results may be).

ANet already knows when the SAB comes back and what will be new then. They wont throw everything overboard just to please the players. Not to mention that there were misinterpretations on the players part.
This change however was not meant to hinder the old players so much than it actaully does and they certainly haven’t expected that backclash.
ANet has to ask the question wherever they want to lose players that already played the game but got annoyed by the changes or if they want to lose potential players that don’t get the way GW2 plays.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Exactly. And after the feedback regarding living story season 2 and the Dry Top map have been so suprisingly positive, why not do more of that? But no, let’s take a 3 month break and “fix” things that aren’t broken. Arenanets resource management is really messed up. And that’s putting it mildly.

What makes you think they’re not doing more of that? People amaze me.

We got Drytop in July. July. Two months ago.

They have more stuff planned which we’ll obviously get. It’s not like this was the only thing Anet did. This was already made for the Chinese update which launched months ago, way before Drytop.

What makes you think this is it?

This is a content patch that they give us when they take a break from content patches. They also gave us a new marketplace, which some seem to like. They gave up account bound commander tags, which I like (at the very least), they gave us better frame rate (which I love), they gave us improvements to the megaserver (which I haven’t tested) and more.

But we focus on the negative always, because we’re human. I guess I should be used to it. lol

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

LOL at those that think a rollback is even something they would consider…

Rollback is ridiculously unlikely. Best case scenario is that they implement some method for veteran players to avoid at least some of the new changes without technically changing the new content. Not that I expect that to happen, but it’s conceivably plausible.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Just because there are threads here that say they are unhappy with the changes does not mean a majority of the players dislike them. The forums does not represent the majority of the players.

I have been playing this game for 2yrs and I LOVE these changes.

People should not try to speak for others.

I love when people say this like the forums are not at all a representative sample of the game.

I’m sure there are dozens of players who like this update who don’t post on the forums…

BUT I am also sure there are hundreds of players who quit the game because of this update who don’t post on the forums…

If true, then we will see some of these things change..but I’m betting not as many have quit as people would like to think.

BTW, if you ‘quit’ but log back in to get your free update, you haven’t quit. You are considered retained.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: JOO TOO.5193

JOO TOO.5193

I think some of us are getting a bit too heated here(no surprise there), I think what will help the most at this point in time is focusing on our, and our friends who don’t post on these forums, experience with the new patch.

Talk about what YOU and YOUR FRIENDS have liked and hated, and with at least a shred of maturity, and a bit of respect for the effort it takes to maintain and update this game we all care about. There’s no need to belittle or discredit another’s comments, anyone with a brain will see who’s being hyperbolic, and if it’s really that bad, just be reassuring, and even handed, not dismissive.

Yea, there’s A LOT anet could do better, and plenty of it would’ve likely been easier to do, but that doesn’t mean they have deliberately tried to insult our intelligence, or worth(even if I’ve gotten that feeling before, doesn’t make it the truth).

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Videles.6759

Videles.6759

I think Anet doesn’t understand that for a newbie its fun to find everything out. Thats part of playing an mmo.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I hope more than anything that the reverse the changes to the Personal Story. I love this game so much and I don’t want to quit, but I refuse to log in until the story is repaired.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

I also want the story back to what it was before this…‘update’…

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

Casually bumping this one. Thank you for the fix in Arah pt2, ArenaNet, it’s good to see you really looked into it and introduced a relatively quick fix.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

So after some of the posters on here suggested that I should try out the new leveling system before commenting on it, I decided to delete my mesmer so I can re-roll a new character and give it a try.

Well, I did.

And it’s kittening bad, seriously. I don’t know what was going through your mind at that time, peeps at ANet, but this is probably the worst leveling system I’ve seen in MMO. Weapon skills unlocked with levels, can’t equip offhand, DOWNED KITTEN COMBAT LOCKED, and then even the skills in downed mode locked out until like level 20!!!

Seriously, you’re doing great job fixing bugs during the last couple of days, but this leveling system … wow, just … wow.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

HHR LostProphet.4801

I actually habe to remedy my statement. If you go to the option panel, there is a slider which moves your camera to the left or right of your character.
Yay for #OptionalChanges!