Rooftop. Clear View. High-Powered Rifle.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I’m looking for toons with the chatty Job-O-Tron golem backpack.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

And I’m looking for my lost shaker of salt :P

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Silas Eorth.7348

I was just making a lame joke in response to the OP. I’m guessing they are annoyed with the Job-O-Tron sound effects. Maybe an extreme reaction on their part, but hey… nothing stopping them from adjusting their audio options to fix that.

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

I was just making a lame joke in response to the OP. I’m guessing they are annoyed with the Job-O-Tron sound effects. Maybe an extreme reaction on their part, but hey… nothing stopping them from adjusting their audio options to fix that.

Is it possible to turn off Job-O-tron without affecting other sounds in-game?

Silas Eorth.7348

I’m not sure. I would think that there’s an option somewhere for it. If not, it may be a good option for the devs to add.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

possibly the most annoying thing in game.

other than fat, winged, flying charr.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Is it possible to turn off Job-O-tron without affecting other sounds in-game?

You can turn the sound off but it’s not specific to him and you’ll still see his comments in a chat bubble, so he’s still annoying.

If I had wanted to have stupid random comments from a backpack, I would have bought the backpack.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

possibly the most annoying thing in game.

other than fat, winged, flying charr.

Duck and Cover

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I was just making a lame joke in response to the OP.

I see my wry sense of humor was not lost on you. And don’t worry… your humor wasn’t lost on me, you Parrot-Head. My sister would love you.

I’m guessing they are annoyed with the Job-O-Tron sound effects.

Your guess is correct. Job-O-Tron must be silenced!

Maybe an extreme reaction on their part

I was very careful to say I was looking for a toon, not a real, live person.

Rampant political-correctness these days means it’s hard for anybody to make a joke without someone else being (gasp!) offended all out of proportion. Kids these days don’t learn how to protect themselves physically, because everything is made of Nerf foam. And they can’t protect themselves mentally because they’re taught that everyone is great just the way they are. No need for improvement. Everyone’s a winner.

Whatever happened to “sticks and stones”? “I’m rubber and you’re glue”?

(Sorry, Silas. Now I’m the one who’s responding all out of proportion).

nothing stopping them from adjusting their audio options to fix that.

Unfortunately, we still have no option to mute player backpacks without also muting other sound effects. (THIS is what my post was about. Long asked for by the community, long ignored by ANet).

I was recently subjected to a whole Jormag fight with at least two of those things in attendance. By the end I was beginning to feel that maybe the dragon had the right idea trying to wipe us out.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

They have been around long enough that their commentary is old and excruciating.

It’s like having Jar Jar binks on auto repeat.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

It’s like having Jar Jar binks on auto repeat.

HE was the perfect Asura!
“I feel six feet tall!”

The ambient chatter makes the game feel more alive for me, I try not to hang out in one spot long enough for the tracks to repeat is all
And don’t be dissing my fabulous white winged purple pawed Charr!! He’s a natural flyer!

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

(edited by trub.1657)

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

When the molten tools came up for sale again recently I bought a set because the Job-o-Tron tools I’d gotten in a bundle a few months ago were driving me insane.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

When the molten tools came up for sale again recently I bought a set because the Job-o-Tron tools I’d gotten in a bundle a few months ago were driving me insane.

That’s the sad thing about those tools and the backpack. If Anet was organized at all, they’d have coded the things so that each time there was a major update, new lines could be added, thus keeping the tools fresh and new while retaining their original humor.
Same applies to the salvage-o-matics. I normally play with sound off in GW2, so it doesn’t annoy me, but in the times I do have sound on, I quickly get tired of hearing “I was manufactured to the highest standards” (which apparently weren’t very high, as the VA for it sounds like it was thrown together in about 3 minutes).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

Well, I see that someone else still gets it! What is that thing about the rubber and glue though? I don’t think I have ever heard that one before.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

“I’m rubber, and you’re glue! What bounces off me, will stick to you!!”
(Quaggan face :P)

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

Silas Eorth.7348

I was recently subjected to a whole Jormag fight with at least two of those things in attendance. By the end I was beginning to feel that maybe the dragon had the right idea trying to wipe us out.

That’s absolutely freakin’ hilarious!! :P I can just imagine ol’ Claw rolling his eyes and thinking to himself, Jeeze… if the DPS doesn’t kill me, those horrid corny backpieces will!!

I’ve got the Copper-fed tool and was really happy to have the jokes… at first. Now, I’ve heard it so much that I just tune it out subconsciously. I guess it’s the old “too much of a good thing” adage at play for me.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Honestly, the backpacks never bothered me. Maybe I’m unobservant, or something, but I see (or at least notice?) them too infrequently for them to be a pest.

And I’m looking for my lost shaker of salt :P

I must confess, you got a laugh out of me.

Well, I see that someone else still gets it! What is that thing about the rubber and glue though? I don’t think I have ever heard that one before.

“I am rubber, you are glue. What you say bounces off me and sticks to you.”

It’s an old children’s rhyme/comeback. No idea where you’re from, but I’d say it’s very common throughout most of the United States.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

That’s the sad thing about those tools and the backpack. If Anet was organized at all, they’d have coded the things so that each time there was a major update, new lines could be added, thus keeping the tools fresh and new while retaining their original humor.
Same applies to the salvage-o-matics. I normally play with sound off in GW2, so it doesn’t annoy me, but in the times I do have sound on, I quickly get tired of hearing “I was manufactured to the highest standards” (which apparently weren’t very high, as the VA for it sounds like it was thrown together in about 3 minutes).

That’s not about coding, that’s about getting the voice actor back in to record new lines every patch..