Run speed

Run speed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

I noticed a handful of ppl in the “train” run a lot faster and pull away from me, I’m a ranger with the signet for 25% speed and also horn for the buff to speed yet I can’t keep up? The speed buffs don’t stack for speed only duration as far as I remember.

Run speed

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Hm since it would be obvious to you if you see them use leap/teleport/charge skills,
I’m going to have to guess that your pet is engaging in combat and putting you into in-combat movement speed which is slower than out-of-combat movement speed.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed

Run speed

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Swiftness is 33% speed. Signet is 25% speed. If they have swiftness buff more often than you do, you will fall behind.

For example, I am permanently under the effect of swiftness. If you only have swiftness for 11 seconds out of 30, then I am going to be pulling ahead for 19 of those seconds.

Also other skills such as leap of faith can cause people to pull ahead.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Run speed

raiden.9024

No Sabat I keep pet on passive, Kumu from geting out of the water same time in their group so geting their buff 1st before using mine, even when from a wp spawn my buff stays up yet they almost at the brood champ.

Run speed

Kumu Honua.2751

I can’t decipher what you just said.

Run speed

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I have both a ranger with signet and warhorn and a thief that I’ve used to run through areas to harvest nodes. I’ve noticed the thief is at least as fast if not faster.

I’ve noticed that the warhorn speed skill targets nearby mobs. The ranger will turn toward them while running by and if close enough will strike at them. I suspect the targeting puts the ranger in combat and slows him down even though he is supposed to be getting a speed boost.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Run speed

raiden.9024

You can’t read or something?

Getting out of the water (fish champ) the same time as the others they use their swiftness I still have mine waiting and can’t keep up, even from a way point pre using swiftness I can’t keep up, not sure how else to type this out maybe phonetically?

Astral I’ve noticed that too so only use it when not near mobs.

Run speed

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Might be stupid to ask, but is the signet on cooldown at times?
The passive only works if the active hasn’t been used.

Like maybe you used all your utilities underwater and then you get back onto land, your signet is on cooldown.

Run speed

raiden.9024

Hi Sobat I never use the active part of it only use it to buff speed when farming in a Zerg not much point using skills to defend yourself ( my underwater skills are defence)

Run speed

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

My guess is they are just using skills to get ahead. All the classes run the same speed under the same % speed increase. Anything to the contrary would be noticed quickly and would cause a much bigger stir than this. Warhorn 5 does not target foes either. However, it is a blast finisher so if you use it in a AoE circle you may be aggroing foes through the blast. It should be fairly evident whether or not you are getting into combat, because you won’t be able to change your utility skills.

Run speed

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I remember reading you have to have your weapon stashed to get your 25% signet speed.

Add the warhorn and Rampage As One, and you should be able to keep up just fine (also ensure you get any speed boosts from others in your zerg if available).

Warriors, engineers and others can potentially have (near) perma-swiftness, so don’t feel bad.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Run speed

Kumu Honua.2751

Getting out of the water (fish champ) the same time as the others they use their swiftness I still have mine waiting and can’t keep up, even from a way point pre using swiftness I can’t keep up, not sure how else to type this out maybe phonetically?

Condescending to me? Read what you posted 10 times or more and tell me that it’s a cogent sentence.

Kumu from geting out of the water same time in their group so geting their buff 1st before using mine, even when from a wp spawn my buff stays up yet they almost at the brood champ.

You can figure this out on your own now. Or shall I spell it phonetically for you as well?

Run speed

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

You’re probably just in combat and don’t realize it. How you got into combat, only you can figure that out.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Run speed

raiden.9024

Mochann think I would notice if I was attacking random mobs.

Run speed

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

underwater has different utility skills, but cooldowns are shared.
meaning: if you use utility skill 1 underwater, then get out of water, utility skill 1 will be on cooldown. you possibly used underwater utility that is in same position as your run speed signet?

most likely you’re in combat. difference between 25% and 33% is barely noticeable for that short a distance. but combat is 30% slower. so signet + combat = -12.5% vs. +33% swiftness is a huge difference. The way I check if I’m in combat is to see if I can change the utility skills (that little arrow at the top of the skill).

another option is they are hacking. I can’t see much sense in hacking to do champ train 0.001% faster, but maybe they are math-intolerant hackers.

there are a very few things that give +50% or higher movement speed. not sure if they are stilled bugged to cap at +33% or not…

next time you see someone moving faster than you, click on them and see what boons they have.

Run speed

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Hmmm. That’s rather rude to someone who is trying to help you, especially considering what you typed could be quite difficult to read. If you want people to understand you, perhaps consider learning to communicate more effectively before using a knee-jerk reaction insult.

If you don’t have perma-swiftness, you will fall behind others who do have it.

Additionally, look at your leaps. If you’re having difficulty using them, turn off autotarget in your menu. This is how people run past mobs quickly using their charges and leaps. It takes a while to get used to not having autotarget on, but your performance actually goes up (imo) when you learn to not use it.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Run speed

raiden.9024

Will do but hard to target in a Zerg.

About hacking, I searched youtube is that legit or someone messing about, and does Anet use software like blizzards warden?

(edited by raiden.9024)

Run speed

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Under your keybinds, look for “Target nearest enemy” or “Target next enemy”. Use either or both of these.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle