"Run to target"

"Run to target"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nightwind Of Dwayna.3250

Nightwind Of Dwayna.3250

I’d really like a key bind that would cause me to run toward my current target. As a Guardian (read: no really great ranged attack options) in WvW, it’s extremely annoying to try to collapse on a target. Someone calls the target, I take the target, and then when it’s not immediately obvious what the target is because it’s behind me, I’m stuck frantically rotating my field of vision, scanning through eight bajillion particle effects to try to spot the bullseye.

I mean, it’s not absolutely necessary, but is there some reason this can’t be a thing? It’s just a directional auto-run. It would improve gameplay a lot, I think.

Am I crazy, community?

Nightwind Of Dwayna – Guardian
Unknown Warriors [UW]
Fort Aspenwood

"Run to target"

Posted by: mikpet.7458

mikpet.7458

No Thanks

I think it will dumb down the game.
Once you learn to control your character better and get a better battlefield awareness, your issue will not be a problem anymore
And that is actually the point of a more skill based pvp game

"Run to target"

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

No you’re not.

But taking this to the suggestion forum would be better.

"Run to target"

Posted by: Ganadorf.3460

Ganadorf.3460

Run to target, lol

Let’s not make Guild Wars 2 anymore casual than it already is

"Run to target"

Rizzy.8293

Run to target, lol

Let’s not make Guild Wars 2 anymore casual than it already is

Lets hear you give a valid reason as to why this function would be bad?

"Run to target"

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

ANet seems very against adding anything to make anything ‘automatic’ as far as combat or movement are concerned.

Adding something to your target to make them more visible would probably be a better alternative.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

"Run to target"

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

One of my favorite features from GW1. You are not crazy, however you should bind 180 degree turn to X (default in GW1) it will spin you character around. It’s called about face in control options. There is also look behind that you can bind if you prefer that, or both.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

"Run to target"

mikpet.7458

ANet seems very against adding anything to make anything ‘automatic’ as far as combat or movement are concerned.

Adding something to your target to make them more visible would probably be a better alternative.

Yeah. Like an arrow or a green glow….
Wait, nah that would be stupid ideas.

"Run to target"

Posted by: Risky.6932

Risky.6932

Hold right mouse button move mouse left or right. Do it fast you turn fast.
If you’re keyboard turning….. learn to stop it.

"Run to target"

Rizzy.8293

Yeah. Like an arrow or a green glow….
Wait, nah that would be stupid ideas.

You mean like a red bulls eye target above a target’s head when you ctrl + click, yeah thats stupid.

"Run to target"

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

I meant more visible baseline. In a crowd, that arrow and ‘green glow’ gets lost very quickly.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

"Run to target"

mikpet.7458

I just want to press one button to start fighting and then not anything else.
I mean, how am i supposed to roleplay while having to dodge, target, moving and pressing all these buttons.
Not even sure what they do

"Run to target"

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Like auto-targeting right?

"Run to target"

Posted by: Nightwind Of Dwayna.3250

Nightwind Of Dwayna.3250

My apologies, I did intend this for the suggestions forum. It was late, I was tired, etc. My bad.

I’ll open a new thread there. If a mod could please close this thread, that’d be awesome.

Nightwind Of Dwayna – Guardian
Unknown Warriors [UW]
Fort Aspenwood