Rune of Lyssa -- anyone still use them?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Judging by their enormous price drop from April 15 to now, it seems they got over nerfed?

Posted by: The Pointless.3869

The Pointless.3869

Judging by their enormous price drop from April 15 to now, it seems they got over nerfed?

I still have them on my warrior. It’s not ALL the boons like it used to be, but 5 conditions to boons can still be a lifesaver.

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

I used to love them on my thief. But now that I don’t use my heal to grant myself some extra vigor when I’m in hot water, I don’t use my heal very often, and I already didn’t use my elite very often. Now they’re just meh, and Eagle is far more helpful for my new build. 5 seconds of all boons isn’t even that bad when it is on a minimum of 45 second recharge. No idea why they had to drop it down so much.

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Still useful in PvP for condition cleansing.

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Yup. I still use these in sPVP. Mostly for the precision boost, though the condition cleanser is still reasonably effective.

If you’ve got more than 5 conditions on you, chances are you’re outnumbered and you really should turn tail and run anyway.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

They were way overnerfed. And that’s quite an achievement considering how few “anti condition” runes there are.

Lyssa Runes were powerful before, but they were also tied to a strict conditional. And that was they triggered on Elite use. That meant that without a short CD elite, the Rune set wasn’t viable to begin with. It was really only common on Thieves, who barely have any condition-removal options, and Warriors.

They were also considered good in an environment where most other rune-sets were really lackluster.

Since then though….

1. All runes-sets have been buffed.

2. Lyssa Runes have been nerfed.

In a way this is a double nerf. People may well have opted for different runes after they were all buffed. Lyssa might not have needed a nerf to be less attractive because the trade-off increased.

Thieves resorted to these runes to address a very class-specific weakness to conditions. Thieves simply don’t have good condition removal options outside of Lyssa Runes. That’s why they were popular and that’s why the nerf seems unjustified. With conditions becoming more prominent the game needs viable counters, and they don’t exist.

There are dozens of runes that add conditions, but none that remove them. It’s poor design really.

Lyssa Runes really need to be buffed again.

1. The 5- condition limit needs to go. It’s completely unjustified and makes it impossible to recover from a Signet of Spite style dump.

2. It needs to be made more responsive. By the time the effect triggers a glass-cannon is almost dead.

3. If they dislke the synergy with Basilisk Venom they should just replace the skill. It’s a boring ability anyway and only really attractive because of the short cooldown.