Rune of Traveler nerfed...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Since Crit Damage was converted to Ferocity, the new traveler rune is +36 stats

36 ferocity = 2.5% Crit Damage
The current rune has 6%

So not only will my Guardian lose -10% from armor, but now another 3.5% from my rune

thanks anet..

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Or rather 2.4%.

To compensate for this, we got +6 +2 to all other stats. Same story as with time-gated celestial, but with 70g-grind-gated rune instead.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

What? Did you think they’d missed one in the process of reducing Crit damage from EVERY source?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

What? Did you think they’d missed one in the process of reducing Crit damage from EVERY source?

Yes, anything with crit dam % now will be converted into ferocity and nerfed, no matter what it is, weapons, armour, runes, skills, traits, karka shells anything…

Its a complete, universal across the game mass nerf. Probably effect 90%+ of players in 1 form or another…

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

We already knew this was going to happen.. Should of prepared yourself for the changes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Lishtenbird.2814

We already knew this was going to happen.. Should of prepared yourself for the changes.

I did. By replacing more non-berserker gear with berserker’s. “Berserker’s meta nerf”, huh…

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

I did. By replacing more non-berserker gear with berserker’s. “Berserker’s meta nerf”, huh…

Ha!. Good show, good show. I also did this.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Rune of the Traveler about the 25% + to movement if you where using them for crit i am not sure what your trying to do.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Considering these runes are the most expensive in game, I’m hoping they give them some love in the stats. I just purchased another 7 of them 2 weeks ago. Making it my fourth character using them. Full height Norns, I just can’t play without speed.

This is how they would be today:
—————————————————————-
(1): +10 to All Stats; +30 Ferocity
(2): +15% Boon Duration
(3): +10 to All Stats; +30 Ferocity
(4): +10% Condition Duration
(5): +10 to All Stats; +30 Ferocity
(6): +25% Movement Speed

If Ferocity is a stat, then the +10 and the additional +30 would be a total of 120 Ferocity. Taking 10% off would then be 108. Which would be:

(1): +10 to All Stats; +26 Ferocity
(2): +15% Boon Duration
(3): +10 to All Stats; +26 Ferocity
(4): +10% Condition Duration
(5): +10 to All Stats; +26 Ferocity
(6): +25% Movement Speed

We should promote this!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

DeWolfe.2174

To compensate for this, we got +6 to all other stats.

Has a dev stated these runes would be buffed the same as Celestial? Considering these aren’t full “all stat” items like Divinity runes are. Anyway, adding 6% to 10 equals 10.6. Which would make the runes still +10 to all stats

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Lishtenbird.2814

To compensate for this, we got +6 to all other stats.

Has a dev stated these runes would be buffed the same as Celestial? Considering these aren’t full “all stat” items like Divinity runes are. Anyway, adding 6% to 10 equals 10.6. Which would make the runes still +10 to all stats

It’s -2, +2, +6 change for each +10, which results in +6 total, based on the image from RU from Dulfy’s notes. (Runes will be identical in PvP and PvE.)

Attachments:

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

LOL so basically all the crit dmg is gone from this rune set.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Rune of the Traveler about the 25% + to movement if you where using them for crit i am not sure what your trying to do.

I hope he’s trying to make them cheaper.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Nike.2631

Show me the source of crit damage that isn’t getting slammed.

I’ll wait.

DeWolfe.2174

That is just BAD math. BAD… BAD… BAD… math. How is reducing the damage multiplying stat of the runes by over 60% somehow in the realm of 10%??? Meanwhile the additional 6 points in power, out of a pool of nearly 2000, is mathematically insignificant. It’s not even one stack of blood lust or might. Which anyone can test right now and see how little one stack of either does to increase damage output.

Bad MATH!!!!! Must fix the most expensive runes in game. btw… love how perplexity is still an abomination after patch. GG Devs, GG.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

Just use the new armour coming out. The stats will be Vitality, Condition, Toughness

Lishtenbird.2814

That is just BAD math. BAD… BAD… BAD… math. How is reducing the damage multiplying stat of the runes by over 60% somehow in the realm of 10%??? Meanwhile the additional 6 points in power, out of a pool of nearly 2000, is mathematically insignificant. It’s not even one stack of blood lust or might. Which anyone can test right now and see how little one stack of either does to increase damage output.

They’re talking about overall damage reduction, including base stats and full berserker’s gear. That makes it easy to nerf one stat by 60% and then buff other stats by 20%.

And let’s not forget that to get a 1 bonus second of condi/boon from these runes, you still need a condi of at least 10 seconds and a boon of at least 7 seconds. So yes, the only reason to buy this mostly useless rune is its exclusive passive speed bonus. Which is also the only speed option to classes like mesmer, which has one unreliable non-random source of swiftness on one weapon and no speed signets at all.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Runes of traveler could provide no bonuses at all from tier 1 through 5 and guardians, mesmers, and several builds from other classes would still take them; because a a build with a constant 25% speed boost is completely broken against one without. So if one person takes this bonus everyone has to.

It’s a massive design flaw that these full uptime 25% speed boosts even exist at all, they’re doing serious damage to build diversity as more and more players pick this up and they need to go.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

DeWolfe.2174

Which is also the only speed option to classes like mesmer, which has one unreliable non-random source of swiftness on one weapon and no speed signets at all.

I have 5 Mesmers and 2 Guardians….. believe me, I know.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

DeWolfe.2174

It’s a massive design flaw that these full uptime 25% speed boosts even exist at all, they’re doing serious damage to build diversity as more and more players pick this up and they need to go.

It’s not a design flaw, nor does it damage build diversity, when anyone with any profession can pick them up.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Show me the source of crit damage that isn’t getting slammed.

I’ll wait.

100 Ferocity that’s what… 6+% crit dam? That’s down from 8% but it’s not getting “slammed” per say.

Attachments:

(edited by Kadin.2356)

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

you guys are doing it wrong now the meta is Dire gear(mixed with rabid for those who need crits) and perplex runes or if you wanna be even tankier runes or undead if you got no interrupts rune of scavenging ont forget your koi cakes and tuning crystals

mmmm delicious balance gotta love it

its like running full serker with full toughness and vit

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Or rather 2.4%.

To compensate for this, we got +6 +2 to all other stats. Same story as with time-gated celestial, but with 70g-grind-gated rune instead.

To be fair, part of the motive could be because they think the price shows that it’s just too popular and in fact needs a few taps with the nerfbat to even it out.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Conncept.7638

when anyone with any profession can pick them up.

Are you serious? Look at that sentence again, and think real hard about it.

Everyone being able to get this is the problem, because now everyone is required to. A build with a 25% speed boost has an enormous advantage against one without, and the only way to get on an even playing field is to do likewise, preventing anyone from choosing any other option. And the build diversity which would come from having those other options is gone. Ipso facto, these are damaging build diversity.

DeWolfe.2174

Everyone being able to get this is the problem, because now everyone is required to. A build with a 25% speed boost has an enormous advantage against one without, and the only way to get on an even playing field is to do likewise, preventing anyone from choosing any other option. And the build diversity which would come from having those other options is gone. Ipso facto, these are damaging build diversity.

And….. how many professions have a 25% trait/utility or access to swiftness???

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Lishtenbird.2814

Or rather 2.4%.

To be fair, part of the motive could be because they think the price shows that it’s just too popular and in fact needs a few taps with the nerfbat to even it out.

If people think that expensive = popular, they’re not entirely right; it doesn’t drop as loot, but enough people need it – and here’s the price. Major sigils of bloodlust drop as loot – and look at their prices, they’re cheap as hell though the difference with Superior is not that big. And the exact reason why enough people need it is that some classes are broken enough not to have access to passive speed and are limited in active speed as well, so other mostly useless stats could even be next to zero and the price wouldn’t drop much anyway.

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

…. how many professions have a 25% trait/utility or access to swiftness???

Those things are not even remotely the same. One is a permanent, unremovable passive effect, the other is a time limited buff that can be stripped in tons of ways. Permaswiftness is a sacrifice for everyone but engineer and warrior. Two classes that also happen to have passive +25% movement speed traits, but that is beside the point.
I doubt you will ever see a warrior or engi run trav or speed runes, because they have no use for them.
Go check out the newest viable 15 or so mesmer builds for WvW that are not specifically for zerging.
I guarantee you that 99% of them use traveler runes, because there is no other valid option unless you are willing accept the DPS loss from speed runes or run with a group 100% of the time that provides you with permaswiftness.
Thieves and necros can use a signet for OOC move speed, but it’s not as good as the passive +25% which is also on in combat. I don’t know ele, ranger or guardian very well so I’m not sure where they stand on this issue.

Nike.2631

100 Ferocity that’s what… 6+% crit dam? That’s down from 8% but it’s not getting “slammed” per say.

Losing 25% of your former value is still a pretty big bite, but that’s actually the smallest proportional cut I’ve seen on anything. Good catch .

Lishtenbird.2814

Thieves and necros can use a signet for OOC move speed, but it’s not as good as the passive +25% which is also on in combat. I don’t know ele, ranger or guardian very well so I’m not sure where they stand on this issue.

I just checked the 4 signets and several traits and I see no mentioning (“note, trivia, anomaly, bug”) of them getting a speed increase for OoC only.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Full height Norns, I just can’t play without speed.

You should consider Swiftness as a superior alternative then. The only reason you’d need Traveler runes is if you’re a Mesmer or if you plan to drive Golems in WvW all the time. Otherwise there are either traits or perma swiftness uptime that makes up for it.

I just checked the 4 signets and several traits and I see no mentioning (“note, trivia, anomaly, bug”) of them getting a speed increase for OoC only.

They maintain their bonuses in-combat, yes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Just a thing some people still doesn t get:

FEROCITY nerf is a different issue from celestial/wupwup/divinity/traveler change.

It works like that:
First the number is converted to ferocity and thus gets the “crit damage nerf” applied.

Then is reduced again to make the ferocity number even with other stats….for a purely “Mathematical obsession”…..or lore…

This makes balanced sets and runes more affected compared to any offensive one.
They tried to compensate but the compensation is way too short.

TL/DR
Divinity etc will have attack reduced more than any full offensive rune.

P.S. and if you read people saying Crit damage is too high…remember its related to power that is lacking on those sets low power * high crit = low damage

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

…. how many professions have a 25% trait/utility or access to swiftness???

Those things are not even remotely the same. One is a permanent, unremovable passive effect, the other is a time limited buff that can be stripped in tons of ways. Permaswiftness is a sacrifice for everyone but engineer and warrior. Two classes that also happen to have passive +25% movement speed traits, but that is beside the point.
I doubt you will ever see a warrior or engi run trav or speed runes, because they have no use for them.
Go check out the newest viable 15 or so mesmer builds for WvW that are not specifically for zerging.
I guarantee you that 99% of them use traveler runes, because there is no other valid option unless you are willing accept the DPS loss from speed runes or run with a group 100% of the time that provides you with permaswiftness.

Every class has access to either permanent swiftness while moving or a 25% movespeed bonus except for guardian and mesmer through traits or utilities. Mesmer is the slowest class in the game currently.

A better fix to this is to simply just give all classes a utility which yields movement speed. Is your utility slot worth a massive bonus to damage? If so, run the utility. If not, run travelers. The fact two classes don’t have access to this just makes them totally necessary to get the runes. I know few other people who run traveler runes on classes or builds which have easy-access mobility. It still doesn’t diminish the value of swiftness, either, as it’s strictly better than 25% mobility.

Conncept.7638

And….. how many professions have a 25% trait/utility or access to swiftness???

All but two.

And you notice something?

Those two always take runes of the traveler.

Interesting coincidence that.

As for swiftness, its inapplicable. If you don’t have swiftness yourself you can interrupt its cast, boon-strip it, or control/condition your opponent until it wears off, there are game-play responses to it clear to anyone. There is no clear response to the 25% speed boost except having it yourself, even if you are built control they’re still going to have the boost when your control wears off, we can’t all play hammer warriors and daze mesmers. I switched out my perma-swiftness trait on my engineer ages ago in favor of the passive 25% speed boost, in spite of the 8% loss in speed it is superior in every way.