Rune option armor,more&better builds[sggstn]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

hi guys

I think it would be really useful..when on asc armor there would be a way to change runes without destroying the old ones….
for example..

i got a zerker asc armor set..and i got the schoolar runes on it..now i want to have strengh bcs i need them now…so i buy them..apply them also on the armor..and now my armor will be able to use schoolar and strengh (but only 1 at the same time).
This will give much advantages..like beeging able to share the armor with another profession with the rune that profession need. Also..it helps to try out many new builds..since runes often have a great impact. And…it will save a lot of space in the inventory for people who got 3 zerker armor with 3 different runes..

Pls A-net..think about my suggestion ! ;D

moony.5780

i always find myself in trouble when im in WvW with my ele…i got an asc cele armor..but sometimes i want the balthasar runes..sometimes the traveler..sometimes hoelbrak….and losing my traveler runes just for a bit fun in the game to try out a new build is really bad

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I can’t think of a situation where changing a rune on the same type of armor would really be all the beneficial. I’m a fan of the system as it stands, if I’m honest.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

There is currently an upgrade extractor in the BLTC that will extract upgrades without destroying the item. It’s under the “Special” tab for 250 gems each.

moony.5780

a situation is….
when u got traveler runes on ur asc zerker armor…bcs u happen to run a lot..and now u want more dmg and get the schoolar…will u make a new asc zerker armor? which will cost like 200-500g or put the other rune over the traveler rune..and ur 25g-50g r lost?…and then..what if u change ur build and u need now the strength rune? u will lose the gold u spent on the schoolar rune..and now u find out the strength rune was bad(and it was like 60g to get it)..and go back to schoolar….

this can go on forever for people who like making new builds..and new builds often need new runes…

a good example is also the rune which cures condition on a shout skill…sometimes u use shouts..and the rune is good..sometimes not..and then the rune have no effect..which will be bad since u could go for a better rune which u like more

moony.5780

250g gems for 1 armor piece…so for 6 it nearly 20€

now…imagine u have an armor for fractals…now u want use the same stats for wvw..with a different rune..it will easily cost u 20€ or 300g….this really hurt!! or not?
especially if i plan to switch my rune 2 times a day

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I want PvP style rune swapping. Buy the rune and unlock it for your account, and swap between them.

I know everyone else disagrees with me on this one, but I’d also love the option to run PvP style builds/characters in PvE/WvW. I’m just sick of leveling, grinding items, and gear etc. Loss of Ascended worth it for me, much prefer the versatility of changing things on the spot when I want to try something new.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

moony.5780

yes i tottally agree to u joneirikb !

but the unlocking should be in a good way..so its not too easy to unlock it..and u dont have every rune and sigil after just 1 month

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

There is currently an upgrade extractor in the BLTC that will extract upgrades without destroying the item. It’s under the “Special” tab for 250 gems each.

I would so buy that item if it were a permanent item. I would pay as much for it as I would pay for the permanent resource items.

But, alas, it’s a one-time-only tool, if I understand correctly, and is removed once it has removed your rune. 250 gems adds up way too much to really use the tool effectively with gear and builds.

Just IMHO.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Even if you by 25 so that they cost 200 gem, it’s still 36 gold to transfer gem and get the extractor. Which limite the use of that item to 2 sigils, +10 Agony Resistance and the 4 upgrade component that give an aura. It’s almost useless.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

moony.5780

y that item should be permanent then ! would be soo cool..but then the runes and armor need to be acc bound otherwise peoople just buy all armor with runes and sell the armor and rune seperated

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ideally, they should remove the runes and sigil from weapons. They could have a seperate slot in your hero panel so you can swap armor and runes seperately and they wouldn’t be link together.

Otherwise, they could decrease the gem cost of extractor by a lot. Those extractor are stupid. Only 6-7 component are costly enough to be worth using an extractor.

25 Extractor should cost 250 gems not 5000 gems. That way getting 1 extractor would cost you around 2 gold, which mean it would be worth it for most expansive runes. They could put it at 25 Extractor for 750 gems so that each extractor cost about 5 gold. Anything higher than that is pretty useless.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

moony.5780

i like the idea about the beeing seperated even if that item gets cheaper..by useing it a lot it will still hurt the wallet….

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What I would like is a system where you can merge two armors together and then be able to select the stats and runes from each whenever you want out of combat.

Merge Beserkers with X rune with Rampager with Y rune: get a gear that you can select either Beserkers or Rampager and either X or Y rune.

Merge that one with Celestial gear with Z rune and get a gear that you can select Beserkers or Rampager or Celestial and X, Y, or Z rune.

This would make the gear and crafting mats more valuable as people would be using them to merge gear together to gain more stat options without tying up inventory space.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Another option would be for them to produce a single master rune slot to handle all 6 normal runes. The master rune could be produced by putting 6 normal runes into the mystic forge.

Somehow I don’t see that happening either.

The extractor is so expensive that it isn’t even worth considering. I have karma armor pieces with traveler runes on that I wanted to give to another guild member, except I can’t salvage the armor and the extractors are so expensive as to make it uneconomic.

The only people who will use an extractor are those with more money than sense. Which also means anet are losing out on another potential source of income.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

My only problem is that I’m most of the time forced to use traveler runes and cannot try new things because I would be slow as hell. Not only the comabt system forces you to have decent move speed, but traveling long distances is very annoying without mobility.

Only a few classes have decent swiftness aplication or a mobility trait that you can use without hurt your build too much.

Sorry for my english.

moony.5780

i got the same proble with the traveler rune i just cant be without it….but im planning a build which must have the rune that removes condition on a shout..and there is no way to have another source of speed..its really annoying..and beeing able to switch between the 2 runes would be so nice..so when i happen to fight only 100% and not run a lot..or get speed buff all the time..i can easily not use the traveler

moony.5780

What I would like is a system where you can merge two armors together and then be able to select the stats and runes from each whenever you want out of combat.

Merge Beserkers with X rune with Rampager with Y rune: get a gear that you can select either Beserkers or Rampager and either X or Y rune.

Merge that one with Celestial gear with Z rune and get a gear that you can select Beserkers or Rampager or Celestial and X, Y, or Z rune.

This would make the gear and crafting mats more valuable as people would be using them to merge gear together to gain more stat options without tying up inventory space.

Thats a really cool idea i was thinking runes and sigils could be unlocked via masteries..but this idea of urs sounds better

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I could get behind this.

Say i merge 5 types of ascended it would mean i could chose from the 5 different types depending on the game mode or scenario.

They could make it so that if you chose this option, the ascended armour becomes soul bound (or not) to the character to prevent just needing the 1 ascended armour across all characters of the same armour type.

And buy 6x of a rune type and imbue the armour with the rune type, making that rune set able to be selected from a drop down menu similar to PvP. I could imbue the armour with melandru, strength and perplexity runes and these would all be available from the drop-down menu.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They sort of had the merge together system at the start of the game. You could merge two pieces of gear together, select the looks, the rune and the stats and get a new piece with the selected look, rune and stats. So they already have the basic merging technology in place. They also have the stat selection technology in game with the Legendaries. What they would need to do is combine the gear merging with the stat selection from those two features to make armor that is merged and has stat selection ability.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

moony.5780

I could get behind this.

Say i merge 5 types of ascended it would mean i could chose from the 5 different types depending on the game mode or scenario.

They could make it so that if you chose this option, the ascended armour becomes soul bound (or not) to the character to prevent just needing the 1 ascended armour across all characters of the same armour type.

And buy 6x of a rune type and imbue the armour with the rune type, making that rune set able to be selected from a drop down menu similar to PvP. I could imbue the armour with melandru, strength and perplexity runes and these would all be available from the drop-down menu.

i think making them soulbound is not so good…since all of this will cost like 2000g or even more..so i think its fair to make it accbound..so a mesmer can also use the ele gear