Runes out of soldier armor!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Hello

Before the patch we had an effective way of getting runes out of soldier armor, transmuting. Now after the patch the only way to get runes out is using that upgrade extractor. The problem with this is it costs 2-10X more to buy the extractors than what the runes are worth. There needs to be some kind of warning for people putting runes in unsalvageable gear now. Please allow us to salvage WvW gear, it wont harm the economy or anything because who will buy soldier gear just to salvage. There are more effective ways to turn badges into gold so I don’t see why we cant do this.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

this topic has already been discussed in other threads. Currently your best bet is to just buy the runes from TP all over again.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

CrazyDuck.4610

Discussed yet not solved, buying new runes shouldn’t be the answer. I have old armor sets with “now” expensive runes in it that you cant salvage out. We should have been atleast given free upgrade extractors prior to this update imo.

YouWish – Guard

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

No, they shouldn’t have removed the mechanic in the first place.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I want to see some kind of Rune & Sigil unlock system, something like what they have in sPvP.

CrazyDuck.4610

Kal but they did so easiest fix would be free upgrade extractors :P

YouWish – Guard

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

You would have needed transmutation crystals, from the gemshop, with the old mechanic …

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

It’s been discussed AND finished. The upgrade extractor is not meant for just sigils and runes. Infusions are worth 2-5 times the price of an extractor. Second, people using the old transmutation system to bypass the inability to salvage wvw and karma armor, in effect, exploiting the game. Third, duplicate topic.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Huh. Would have been nice to know it was considered an exploit, never would have put spendy runes and sigils in WvW badge gear nor encouraged others to get the WvW badge gear if I had known.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

This is kinda like the Last Refuge problem. They change a mechanic but something that was overlooked gets left behind and ends up broken by the change but never addressed or fixed. There’s pretty much nothing you can do about it but buy new ones and dump the armor deep into storage in hope that one day or year you can salvage it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

This is kinda like the Last Refuge problem. They change a mechanic but something that was overlooked gets left behind and ends up broken by the change but never addressed or fixed. There’s pretty much nothing you can do about it but buy new ones and dump the armor deep into storage in hope that one day or year you can salvage it.

Not overlooked I bet.. more of a kerching kerchin and $$$$$ thought out process.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Huh. Would have been nice to know it was considered an exploit, never would have put spendy runes and sigils in WvW badge gear nor encouraged others to get the WvW badge gear if I had known.

It’s an exploit-type use of the transmutation system that was a direct result of how the system worked. Previously, the system did not know what the skin source item is, or what the stat source item is. All it asked was for you to throw in two items, choose the skin, choose the stats, choose the rune/sigil (if present). The Wardrobe system now clearly tells which item is the stat source, because it’s an item you’ve got equipped.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It is actually possible to salvage the runes from your gear assuming it wasn’t purchased with Karma or WvW Badges of Honor. Armor acquired in any other way is still salvageable, including dungeon armor.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s an exploit-type use of the transmutation system that was a direct result of how the system worked. Previously, the system did not know what the skin source item is, or what the stat source item is. All it asked was for you to throw in two items, choose the skin, choose the stats, choose the rune/sigil (if present). The Wardrobe system now clearly tells which item is the stat source, because it’s an item you’ve got equipped.

It’s not an exploit to use the system the way the system is designed to work. You still can’t salvage the items that aren’t salvageable. You’ve burned an item in the process of transmuting, therefore IF you can happen to salvage the resulting item to get the runes out it isn’t a problem because you wasted resources in order to gain resources. That’s not an exploit, that’s working as intended.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Huh, I was unaware that you were a member of Anet’s design team. That would be the only plausible explanation as to why you think your opinion on whether something is an exploit or a design decision is more than an opinion.

No one here can say if it was an “exploit” or a design decision besides an Anet employee. So I would refrain from tossing around the word exploit as if it is matter of fact.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

No one here can say if it was an “exploit” or a design decision besides an Anet employee. So I would refrain from tossing around the word exploit as if it is matter of fact.

In short that means assuming it worked as it was intended to work.
Afaik originally karma items could be salvages, but that made ecto’s too easy to obtain.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

They could add an NPC that, at the cost of gold, would remove the rune and make it soulbound/account bound? And, destroying the object also.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

They could add an NPC that, at the cost of gold, would remove the rune and make it soulbound/account bound? And, destroying the object also.

This and other suggestions have be mentioned, but as far as I know, Anet has made NO comments about the issue (even to acknowledge it as an issue of concern). I seriously doubt they think reasonable humans will buy the overpriced extractor, but they may be laying low just to see how the upgrade market fares and see if there are some seriously non-intelligent players out there willing to give them RL money for 6 extractors…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

CrazyDuck.4610

You would have needed transmutation crystals, from the gemshop, with the old mechanic …

But I got a ton of these from dailies etc so your point is invalid. And yea Anet just ignoring this issue is really annoying , I wish they would comment on it at least, even if its like no sorry your out of luck.

YouWish – Guard

(edited by CrazyDuck.4610)