Rurik's Engagement Ring

Rurik's Engagement Ring

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I just recently discovered this item’s existence. Any news on when the content will become available again? I’d love to get one.

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

You get it by throwing strange rock into lava few times. Believe me, it is not worth it, since it’s just a simple ascended ring with nothing special to it (no achievement, no aura, no additional story).

However if you do want to do it regardless, get strange rock either from tp (goes for 180 gold these days) or waste a lot of petrified stumps/karma by trying to drop it from skritt stashes (drop rate is extremely low tho).

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

As I still need ascended trinkets, it is worth it to me, especially since it contains GW1 lore and I love it!

However, the content has been disabled for the time being (hence my question!):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ember-Bay-Changes/

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

As I still need ascended trinkets, it is worth it to me, especially since it contains GW1 lore and I love it!

However, the content has been disabled for the time being (hence my question!):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ember-Bay-Changes/

Oh ok, didn’t know they disabled it.

You can get ascended trinkets much easier by farming Bloodstone Fen and Bitterforst though ^^

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

You can get ascended trinkets much easier by farming Bloodstone Fen and Bitterforst though ^^

Sigh… I know that. ^^

But having the same icons several times on the same character stinks. You have to read twice before equipping the correct trinkets for your current build.

Besides, as I already mentioned, I want it for sentimental purposes (GW1 lore = love).

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They might have addressed the exploit, and the content will be re-enabled with the next patch (tomorrow?).

Have you already obtained the Strange Rock? If not, are you planning on purchasing it from the TP? It’s a rather expensive trinket, that way.

Good luck.

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

Yes, I acquired one shortly before the content was disabled — that’s how I learnt about its existence in the first place. If only I had known earlier…

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

As of last night, the content has been re-enabled: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ember-Bay-Changes/

Yay, got it at last!

Attachments:

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I didn’t even know about the existence of this item! Thanks for posting about it, and congrats on finally getting the ring

Also, you have some shiny stuff in your inventory that I’m ultra jealous of. Do want!

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

I didn’t even know about the existence of this item! Thanks for posting about it, and congrats on finally getting the ring

Yeah, didn’t know of it either until the announcement that the content had been disabled (and I had just found the rock), grrr!

Also, you have some shiny stuff in your inventory that I’m ultra jealous of. Do want!

Awww. Believe it or not, but the Permanent Bank Access Express I got from a BLC drop, and it was just too good to sell, heh.

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Aha! Believe it or not, I actually also got the Permanent Bank Access item a year or so ago, but the highest buy offer on the trading post was just too good not to sell. I still sorta regret it, as I don’t think I bought anything important with that gold. Still, I have a feeling if I got another one to drop, if the average price on TP were more than 700 gold I would probably sell it again.

I’m a gold hound. :P

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

Well, I am always asking myself: What could I possibly get for that gold that was better than the convenience of never having to zone again in order to get to my stuff or exchange things between characters (I have nine)? The answer is: nothing. Legendary weapons cost more than that and everything else I can achieve on my own. But being able to access your bank from everywhere without the hassle of zoning, re-logging into another char etc. is simply priceless. Best service I can imagine.

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

As of last night, the content has been re-enabled: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ember-Bay-Changes/

Yay, got it at last!

Hey congratz!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Can you select any stat combo on it?

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

See screenshot. Yes, it is as versatile as all the Season 3 trinkets.

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

See screenshot. Yes, it is as versatile as all the Season 3 trinkets.

Well it aint always possible to get all stat combos on pick your stat items hence why I asked.

Rurik's Engagement Ring

Ashantara.8731

Well it aint always possible to get all stat combos on pick your stat items hence why I asked.

Very true, but it is with all S3 items, thankfully.