Rytlock voice actor changed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Did the voice actor for Rytlock change?

I’m referring to his line in the new trailer available here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-dragons-reach-part-1-begins-on-july-29/

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Wouldn’t surprise me. Steve Blum probably isn’t cheap, nor is he necessarily available at a moment’s notice.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

It sounds like him to me, though I’m not always the best at detecting these things.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

spike’s been pretty consistent with his grumbling..
watch “gw2 a moment’s peace”
rytlock’s first line sounds more like the voice in the trailer.. could be a fill in voice actor
or something /shrug

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

If it is a new one, he did a good enough job to fool me.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I don’t mind if it’s a new actor (although it doesn’t sound like a new actor) as long as the change of actor means we get more Rytlock.

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

He sounds the same to me, although it’s hard to identify a voice from the few lines in the trailer.

Lord Krilik.3692

spike’s been pretty consistent with his grumbling..
watch “gw2 a moment’s peace”
rytlock’s first line sounds more like the voice in the trailer.. could be a fill in voice actor
or something /shrug

You’re right!

I remember thinking at the time that he sounded like he was on helium when he first spoke.

I’ve been thinking for a while that they should replace the VAs that they can’t contact as I really feel like Destiny’s Edge could be great in this game, but unfortunately, with their story only being told in the dungeons I feel that they have missed a trick with them.

I do hope they bring them more into future stories.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I feel that when the time to engage Mordremoth approaches, one or two episodes before the final fight will be gathering up Pact resources and and Destiny’s Edge. I do not think they are gone entirely, they can’t be.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Hey guys,

Steve Blum is still doing the voice of Rytlock in Guild Wars 2, including our trailers. Audio treatments are applied to his voice and it may sound different sometimes, but it’s still him. Just wanted to clarify that

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Hey guys,

Steve Blum is still doing the voice of Rytlock in Guild Wars 2, including our trailers. Audio treatments are applied to his voice and it may sound different sometimes, but it’s still him. Just wanted to clarify that

Not quite sure how the others think it’s not Steve Blum. I think it still sounds like him a lot. Might be because people aren’t used to hear Rytlock speak in such a loud tone, he’s usually very dark and calm in his voice.

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

If the members of Destiny’s Edge make an appearance what has lines in cutscene, will we have every original voice actor?

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

If the members of Destiny’s Edge make an appearance what has lines in cutscene, will we have every original voice actor?

I had a look at IMDB when this thread popped up and no other actors have put their names up as voicing the Destiny’s Edge mob. I’d imagine we’ll be good for the original voices.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Hey guys,

Taking a cue from Destiny’s trailer? Lol. Just kidding.

For those who don’t know what i mean: http://kotaku.com/peter-dinklages-infamous-moon-wizard-line-cut-from-des-1606687449

They enhanced his voice with sound effects.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

sigh, i was hoping that wasn’t the explanation ..awhwel

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Lord Krilik.3692

Hey guys,

Thanks for clarifying!

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Hey guys,

Always wondered how you Anet people got time to awser such questions or concerns, but when there’s a real issue, we can wait for months. I know, it’s not really a game developer, but a community manager, but still..

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Hey guys,

Always wondered how you Anet people got time to awser such questions or concerns, but when there’s a real issue, we can wait for months. I know, it’s not really a game developer, but a community manager, but still..

Real concerns seldom have simple answers.

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

And again … the german voice sounds better xD

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

He does sound a bit different in that trailer to me. Glad to hear it’s still Steve Blum though.

By the way I do hope that Anet doesn’t let voice actor issues get in the way of including the characters in the story. I miss Zojja.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Hey guys,

You could tell the team to consider the ‘’ Save settings ’’ option in the processing software hahaha