SAB Dailies ramping?

SAB Dailies ramping?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Is it just me, or are the SAB dailies getting successively harder? There are five of them per day, and at first, I believe it was three World 1 and two world 2, all relatively casual, but over the past few days, it’s become three World 2 and two World 1, and harder ones like the honeycombs on world 1.

Is this deliberate, are they going to keep getting harder until eventually most are in world 2, or is it just a coincidence and tomorrows could as easily call back into the previous patterns? Is it designed to deliberately squeeze out players that struggle with world 2 content?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They’re really not that difficult. It’s just random each day for which zone that you have to do those tasks.

For example, today I finished W1Z3, destroyed the honeycomb in W1Z1 (slingshot and around 50ish baubles kills the bee), and then broke 10 pieces of furniture in W2Z3. The achievements are really no more difficult in one zone than another. One exception could be the chests but I skip those because they’re annoying to me to get no matter the zone.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

seems random to me.

its 31 choose 5 constrained to not choosing more than 1 from each zone, with 6 zones, 5 tasks, and 1 not related to zones, and they just populated the daily list with a few samples.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

SAB Dailies ramping?

Ohoni.6057

They’re really not that difficult. It’s just random each day for which zone that you have to do those tasks.

I’m not saying they’re crazy hard, at least not yet, I’m just saying that they seem to be more hard each day, so maybe within a few days it will be very challenging, I don’t know. I was just curious if it was coincidence or deliberate.

As for more or less difficult, the World 2 ones are always more difficult. I mean, you can complete all of the World 1 ones in a few minutes with moderate platforming skills (and a guide, of course). The World 2 ones each take all that, plus about 10-15 minutes more platforming, better hidden, etc. I’m sure there are a lot of people who haven’t even unlocked 2-3 yet. And then in general terms, “break furniture” is easier than “beat zone” is usually easier than “dig up baubles,” which is usually easier than “lockpick,” which is usually easier than “beat the bee/raccoon,” although they each vary from stage to stage.

done by now.”

SAB Dailies ramping?

Ayrilana.1396

It doesn’t really take that much more time to do dailies in world 2.

SAB Dailies ramping?

Ohoni.6057

I don’t know, I did the 2-2 and 2-3 ones today, and they took quite a bit longer than any of the ones in World 1. And those were the relatively easy ones. Tracking down the chests would have been a LOT longer.

done by now.”

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

The breaking one in 2-3 can be done with ~1 minute of extra work… The bee one in 1-1 is miles more difficult and takes more time.

The chests are also generally not far out of reach and can be done within a few minutes, just like the digging ones. Realistically the longest ones are the beehive breaking ones in general, since you need to fight the dogmother thing. In general, none of them are hard, though, and any given one can be done within a couple minutes fairly easily- even the completion ones, since you can do them on infantile mode.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I have notice that the adventuring daily were in order of the world and zone as in it started off as world 1 zone 1 and the next day is same world but zone 2.

Granted as off today, they change it but still I prefer if they keep it most of it in world 1. I want to stayed away from world 2 as much as possible.

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They might have made it start off with more in World 1 and most of those in Zones 1 and 2 because there will be a lot of people who had never played SAB before and wouldn’t have all the zones (and items) unlocked. Since there are weapon skins only available through completing dailies and a limited number of days to do it it’d be frustrating if some people had to miss days because they didn’t have time to complete all the preceeding zones and do the achievements. (Especially considering they wouldn’t be familiar with the zones so it’d take longer to complete them.)

But I assume in general it’s supposed to be random, like the normal dailies.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Granted as off today, they change it but still I prefer if they keep it most of it in world 1. I want to stayed away from world 2 as much as possible.

Is W2 really that bad? Even with the new obvious shortcuts?. I guess having all the upgrades really makes it that much easier then. I guess the “Gatekeeper Lullaby” really does make W2 Z3 a lot easier too. And knowing some of the secrets like the existence of the bear cave in the section before the boss in Z1 probably also saves a lot of frustration.

SAB Dailies ramping?

Ohoni.6057

Is W2 really that bad? Even with the new obvious shortcuts?.

Honestly, it’s not nearly as bad as it used to be, I manage to beat both on normal mode last night fairly easily, which I had eventually given up on last time around. Still, I think parts might still be out of the “casual” range, especially 2-1, which has some tricky jump timing, and while beating them might be easier, some of the achievement objectives take you off those beaten paths.

done by now.”

SAB Dailies ramping?

Crise.9401

Is W2 really that bad? Even with the new obvious shortcuts?.

Honestly, it’s not nearly as bad as it used to be, I manage to beat both on normal mode last night fairly easily, which I had eventually given up on last time around. Still, I think parts might still be out of the “casual” range, especially 2-1, which has some tricky jump timing, and while beating them might be easier, some of the achievement objectives take you off those beaten paths.

Fair enough, as for Z1 and tricky jumps, which one are you talking about the Frogger section or the logs on the waterfall? Both of those can actually be sort of skipped.

The Frogger section can be skipped with a sneaky little secret and Hillybilly maze just near where the Hillybillies are before you get turn to go for the Frogger area. Getting down there is bit tricky and the cave is dark, but it is an optional path past it (btw. the torch can be used to light candles on the wall, just found that out today going through it).

As for the vertical logs as long as you can get to the second log, you can basically screw up and fall to the first pillar in the center and there is an edge much lower down you can use to get across to another pillar. So long as you make it to the second to last or last gap you can just hang around on the log running against the waterfall (if you are on the last gap it is the very rightmost edge you need to be on) until you are in another dark cave full of bears that you can navigate to get back up near the checkpoint before the boss.

Just an example, there are two paths, basically you are choosing between jumping or combat in both instances. The Frogger skip is a bit tricky, however, since they made the rapid knockback less frequent it is fairly easy to get to the cave without dying though it can be bit fiddly.

As for the achievements, I guess that is all relative… I did most of mine when the long slog through the levels was the norm with Back to School (hence why I remember those secrets off the top of my head anything to make things easier and vary it up you know, although I consider the Frogger bit fairly easy). So I guess I can’t really relate that said, I suck at jumping in general, but it didn’t get me that long to get used to how jumping works in SAB again.

The only thing I recall having real tough time with W2 back then was funnily enough the Piranha Bend just after the raft section in Z1, however, that was with the old version of it with the timed geysers (I think I must have had some lag). Sure, the dart traps where a kitten in Z2, but once you knew them you knew them.

(edited by Crise.9401)

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

I think I’ve noticed it ramping up a little. But heavens, I can’t for the life of me find the second chest in W2Z1. Anyone have any pointers?

SAB Dailies ramping?

Ohoni.6057

Fair enough, as for Z1 and tricky jumps, which one are you talking about the Frogger section or the logs on the waterfall? Both of those can actually be sort of skipped.

Those, and several rock climbing bits. I mean, I was able to complete both, and actually cleared both my first attempts, so I’m not saying this is an issue for me, but it’s hardly easy content. And I didn’t know there are shortcuts, but neither would people who don’t know what they’re doing, right?

I’m just saying, even in their modified states the W2 maps are much harder to navigate successfully than W1 maps in normal mode. I just feel bad for people who’ve never heard of Dulfy.

done by now.”

SAB Dailies ramping?

Crise.9401

I’m just saying, even in their modified states the W2 maps are much harder to navigate successfully than W1 maps in normal mode. I just feel bad for people who’ve never heard of Dulfy.

Sure, but then again… level one of Mario is easier than level two and so on and so forth… I think some change in difficulty is fair game. As long as latency or engine limitations are not the cause of it.

As for rock climbing sections, with the new shortcut from the start of Z1 don’t you skip past most of that, I mean there is the bit with the rapids after the first bear you encounter (the waterfall obscures your vision, or it might depending on camera settings) but the rest is pretty straightforward if you are not going for all the baubles or something like that.

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I think I’ve noticed it ramping up a little. But heavens, I can’t for the life of me find the second chest in W2Z1. Anyone have any pointers?

the first is immediately after the raft section. after using the gator to jump to the isolated flower, drop down to the other flower instead of jumping to the burnable trees and do some looking around, you cant miss it.

the second is right next to the very last checkpoint. directly above it and behind the waterfall. to access, fall all the way to the bottom of the waterfall and climb your way back up. the bears make it a bit annoying to access if you dont kill them but always have the key.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

SAB Dailies ramping?

Ayrilana.1396

All of the Queen beedogs can be killed with at most 50 baubles and the slingshot. Just sit there at range and attack it. When it does the rapid fire attack, just dodge to the left or right and keep moving. It takes maybe 20 seconds to kill.

All of the achievements that require you to break furniture are easy. Just find the nearest shop at the beginning of the map and whack away.

I personally skipped the digging achievements because I don’t know where they are off hand.

The treasure chest achievements are easy but just take time trying to farm a key or buy one from a shop. I tend to skip these as there are quicker dailies.

The last variation is to beat a zone. With all of those ridiculous shortcuts that they added to world 2, none of these are all that difficult to do. I would think that most people would be doing them all daily anyway to get bauble bubbles for the items they want.

Other than the zone completion daily, I think all of the others can be done on infantile mode.

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Not sure how anything can be ramping in difficulty when there’s infantile mode and several guides out there for just about every daily.

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

None of them require tribulation mode. They are not hard.

RP enthusiast

SAB Dailies ramping?

Ayrilana.1396

SAB Dailies ramping?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

There’s one up by a bear not too far in and out in the open so this is probably the one you found already.

The second one is behind the waterfall. The third or fourth log across just run into the side of the wall and eventually you’ll go through into a hidden area. There are lots of bears in there and you’ll kill them and bounce your way up to the top of the waterfall. The chest is near the top of the waterfall just by the last checkpoint. You can also get there if you manage to stay on the logs at the very top of the falls, but the bear route is more reliable.