SAB L2Z2

SAB L2Z2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Greymantle.9168

Greymantle.9168

Anyone else get to a point in this level where the rainbow clouds just stop uh…showing up? Dulfy’s guide shows a bunch of clouds and they in reality are not.. lol. 18-26 of Bachelor of Baubles is where it gets weird.

SAB L2Z2

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

infantile mode for world 2 involves a lot of skipping. Like, a rainbow will take you past a building that would normally need completing, for example. If there are no rainbows, you took the normal way. There were likely arrow fingers with happy/sad faces to show the two paths.

SAB L2Z2

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

infantile mode for world 2 involves a lot of skipping. Like, a rainbow will take you past a building that would normally need completing, for example. If there are no rainbows, you took the normal way. There were likely arrow fingers with happy/sad faces to show the two paths.

What he is referring to is the fact that in W2Z2, the infantile clouds for the long way have been removed whole sale. This is not true for Z3, don’t know about Z1.

The rainbows have changed… and some of the old guides rely on the old rainbows. There is even talk of the bauble one for Z2 being impossible, since you can’t backtrack without infantile clouds… that are no-longer there.

SAB L2Z2

Greymantle.9168

There is even talk of the bauble one for Z2 being impossible, since you can’t backtrack without infantile clouds… that are no-longer there.

I can confirm that you can still do everything (Baubles/Secrets/Become the master in infantile mode…The issue is it isn’t really infantile mode by the time you reach the first push puzzle, but rather normal mode stuff that they just seemed to now neglect lol. I mean, from the Dulfy guide they did at one time have rainbows that ran throughout the whole thing, but no longer from what I’ve seen. It’s kind of a moot point now seeing as I slogged my way through both the W1/2 metas for the past two days, but it’s more of a heads up for those still doing them that the guide Dulfy has shows things that aren’t there anymore.

SAB L2Z2

Crise.9401

I can confirm that you can still do everything (Baubles/Secrets/Become the master in infantile mode…The issue is it isn’t really infantile mode by the time you reach the first push puzzle, but rather normal mode stuff that they just seemed to now neglect lol. I mean, from the Dulfy guide they did at one time have rainbows that ran throughout the whole thing, but no longer from what I’ve seen. It’s kind of a moot point now seeing as I slogged my way through both the W1/2 metas for the past two days, but it’s more of a heads up for those still doing them that the guide Dulfy has shows things that aren’t there anymore.

That is good to know, however, since the rainbow bridges are only a thing on infantile mode the rest of your post is a tad bit confusing. Yes you can get through the level in infantile mode just fine. But the infantile clouds from the long path have been removed in favor of the new shortcut. Which is why dulfy’s guide is not applicable anymore because she used the old infantile mode that ran through the long way for the most part.

What makes this interesting is that the W2 Z3 infantile mode by comparison is mostly intact.. both the long and short paths (well they did swap some rainbow clouds for a straight up teleporter in one of the caves but that is only a minor inconvenience if you are going for baubles. Otherwise the dulfy guides for W3 remain mostly accurate (sans the issue with bombs that sometimes manifests but the slingshot or better yet the flute can seriously help with that).

SAB L2Z2

Greymantle.9168

Basically what I meant is that this new shortcut subverts the easy mode that once was. So me going pic for pic through the guide, and hitting that first push puzzle (18 on the guide) with many instadeath dart traps to get one bauble, and being my first go of it, many in game tables were flipped lol.

SAB L2Z2

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Anet seem to have removed a bunch of the infantile mode clouds. I suppose they want a bit more participation in the actual level. Every time you see a missing cloud that was not in the video, you can still reach that spot with the normal path.

SAB L2Z2

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

What he is referring to is the fact that in W2Z2, the infantile clouds for the long way have been removed whole sale. This is not true for Z3, don’t know about Z1.

The rainbows have changed… and some of the old guides rely on the old rainbows. There is even talk of the bauble one for Z2 being impossible, since you can’t backtrack without infantile clouds… that are no-longer there.

Clouds from the long way are still there.

SAB L2Z2

Crise.9401

No they definitely are not… at least around the gong temple and afterwards there definitely are no clouds. For Z3 the clouds are there, but not for Z2. In Z2 although some of the helpful hands are still there eg. around the cong temple in infantile mode, the clouds they are supposed to be pointing to are not.

@Greymantle: looks like we were basically talking about the same thing then.

@Esquilax: Of course you can reach them the normal way, that is not the point, the point is ANet wasn’t consistent about this, see the clear difference between Z2 and Z3. Plus it sucks that this invalidates bunch of guides, other than those two things I am all for more participation in the actual level.

I mean infantile mode is a bit of a cheap way to get achievements after all, but they should have at least been consistent about it then.

SAB L2Z2

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

No they definitely are not… at least around the gong temple and afterwards there definitely are no clouds. For Z3 the clouds are there, but not for Z2. In Z2 although some of the helpful hands are still there eg. around the cong temple in infantile mode, the clouds they are supposed to be pointing to are not.

@Esquilax: Of course you can reach them the normal way, that is not the point, the point is ANet wasn’t consistent about this, see the clear difference between Z2 and Z3. Plus it sucks that this invalidates bunch of guides, other than those two things I am all for more participation in the actual level.

I mean infantile mode is a bit of a cheap way to get achievements after all, but they should have at least been consistent about it then.

My bad, thinking about Z3.

SAB L2Z2

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You can still get it even in infantile mode. You just have to do so more jumps and not use the clouds exclusively. You can even backtrack or just flat out suicide to get back to a prior checkpoint or area.

SAB L2Z2

Crise.9401

You can still get it even in infantile mode. You just have to do so more jumps and not use the clouds exclusively. You can even backtrack or just flat out suicide to get back to a prior checkpoint or area.

I know that, but the point was that they weren’t consistent with the changes they made to infantile mode in relation to the new shortcuts they added. I have nothing against making earning some achievements harder, or easier for that matter (see the ice skater one using the new content skip), but they should at least be consistent in how they change things in my opinion.

SAB L2Z2

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

The W2Z2 guide on Dulfy is, yes, the old Infantile mode, and a lot changed.

Specifically, yeah, I got really confused when you hit the push block puzzle pagoda that’s right after the first bell, because clouds that used to be there have been removed, and now bypass the entire fish/toad/gong/pedestal section. That said, it’s still completely doable in infantile mode; I worked it out over a couple of hours from trying to figure out what to do with the old guide. I’m sure it can be done more optimally… I got stuck at the block puzzle and so skipped it, killed everything up to the last checkpoint, backtracked and took the shortcut, grabbed all the baubles at the bell structure where it drops you, then died. It respawns you at the checkpoint right before the teleport platforms, and from there I backtracked and grabbed everything.

Doing it again I would (now that I know how to solve the block puzzle) hit that point, use the cloud skip as before to kill everything up to the last checkpoint, then die to get back to the block puzzle, finish it, do the gong and toad pavilions, go back and take the shortcut, grab upper baubles, die, do teleport pads. I guess you could do the teleport pads, die, then backtrack for the shortcut.